Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:21 pm 

With the seperate folded 11" x 17" map.
Book and Map in Very good condition.
Light shelf wear...
No rips, no tears, no writing, no highlighting, no dog-eared pages, no stains, no smells.

Current Value?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:31 pm 

Midkemia or Chaosium version?

Eh, probably doesnt matter.  I would think between 20 to 30 bucks maximum.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:19 pm 

Not sure how the current market stands but generally I would think the Midkemia version would be in the $40-$45 range and the later Chaosium in the $15-$20.  The Chaosium versions are fairly easy to find.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:58 pm 

Normally I would agree with you.  The last Midkemia Tulan sold that I saw was a few months ago and I believe sold for less than $30 (hopefully I am not confusing it with Cities).  Only two up on Ebay right now, one for $29.99 and the other for a ludicrous $183, and the former was relisted when it didnt sell for $33.49.  Probably has more to do with the "blemish" on the cover than anything.  But we've all seen things sell for lots more that looked much worse.  :)

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:26 am 

I hear ya King.  It all depends on what you mean by "Current Value" though.  Selling price from an open auction starting at 1 cent or BIN store price.  I am a frugal buyer and have bought all of my Midkemia stuff for below this but have also bought extras and upgraded and sold the spares for around these prices.

Tulan does seem a bit short stocked at the moment - Noble Knight doesn't have any copies for sale.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:29 am 

I recently picked up a Chaosium Tulan in Fine condition for 1 Euro!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:18 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Normally I would agree with you.  The last Midkemia Tulan sold that I saw was a few months ago and I believe sold for less than $30 (hopefully I am not confusing it with Cities).  Only two up on Ebay right now, one for $29.99 and the other for a ludicrous $183, and the former was relisted when it didnt sell for $33.49.  Probably has more to do with the "blemish" on the cover than anything.  But we've all seen things sell for lots more that looked much worse.  :)

As for the copy of Tulan that is currently listed for $29.99 (BIN) the one that has the "blemish".
That looks like a burn to me (Cigarette perhaps).
The "blemish" is in the middle of the front cover that goes into the book at least to the following page.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM