E-Bay Auction ended, I lost, BUT
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:51 pm 

Aneoth wrote:
harami2000 wrote: After the Auction was over (for 5.5 times my highest bid), I started getting e-mails that were BADLY written, the sender also (apparently) did not know of mine and Vince's prior arrangement for pick-up should I have won, ect... Hence my really bad feelings about the second chance offer....
(emphasis added)
I don't want to sound alarmist, but could this be the undead soul of TGE returning from the grave?  Just a thought.  8O

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:12 pm 

Definitely report him. He obviously tried to scam you, and he'll do it to someone else.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:42 am 

When i was hacked this year the firstthing that happened was that the party locked me out of my email, added a forwarding address to it so emails would bypass my mailbox, then he chnaged my password on ebay and started throwing up super expensive cell phone auctions.

If he was hacked its very possible hes not getting any of his mail.

I was lucky as I was online and I received the email that my password was changed.  I got locked out of my ebay but I managed to save my email as i was still logged in and was able to change my password back via the "forgot password" questions which hadnt been tocuhed at that time yet.

I then emailed ebay and they took care of the rest.

Just sharing my experience on that....

I still have no idea how they got my passwords.

deimos3428 wrote:
Aneoth wrote: (emphasis added)
I don't want to sound alarmist, but could this be the undead soul of TGE returning from the grave?  Just a thought.  8O

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:29 am 

One more innocent likelihood:

Recently, I sold a lot of Vampire books on eBay. The guy decided not to pay me, which I found out 6 days later. so after doing all the unpaid item stuff, I, 7 days later, issued a second chance offer. The next three bidders did not bite, and two informed me that they had found needed stuff elsewhere.

Anyways, the point is, sometimes one guy reneges, and then the others have foudn what they needed elsewhere.

As a rule, the process of the main bidder nto paying should take 7 days, at least, to be considered unpaid. Then, their is dispute resolution. So a second chance offer should usually come like 10 days after.

Also, i would never bid on anything over a couple hundred bucks. That is too much to potentially get scammed out of.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:42 pm 

let me know if you fall for this one because if you do I have this treasure map you might be interested in...... :lol:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:03 pm 

Second chance offers seem to be a new con artist trick. Here a link to an article about it:
News - Scotsman.com

Previous