Grenadier Blister Packs & Asgard Minis
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:30 am 

Just out of sheer curiosity, what would be the going price for old Grenadier blister packs (the yellow ones released with the 'gold box' sets) when they had the official licence from TSR?

Also, the same for old Asgard minis in the baggies (DA series specifically).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:54 am 

SimperingToad wrote:Just out of sheer curiosity, what would be the going price for old Grenadier blister packs (the yellow ones released with the 'gold box' sets) when they had the official licence from TSR?

Also, the same for old Asgard minis in the baggies (DA series specifically).

Like this?

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lost ... d-101x.jpg

In today's market?  Anywhere from $7.00 to $25.00 each depending on everything from condition of the blister, what minis are inside, seller reputation, shipping costs and buyer whimsy.  The packs selling for the most would likely be the driders, Umber Hulk & Zorn, Giants and the Kobolds.  I'm not sure why kobolds seem to sell so well, but I' guessing because it's hard to find these guys in quantity.  Some of the golems might do well too, especially the iron golem.

With the Asgard minis, I assume you are talking about the Dungeon Adventurers series here:

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lost ... dventurers

These blisters would sell from $3.00 to $10.00 each I'm guessing.  I don't know these well, so they might be really rare.  But humanoids usually sell for a third of what many monsters sell for.  8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:11 pm 

Those are exactly what I am talking about.

Don't know about other people, but I like those little kobolds. They were one of the first packs I bought way back when. The first was the wererats pack. Still have both sets. The iron golem is still my fave representation of the creature.

Not that I don't like the Otherworld sculpts, but I'm invested in 25mm scale too much to make a switch.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:18 pm 

SimperingToad wrote:Those are exactly what I am talking about.

Don't know about other people, but I like those little kobolds. They were one of the first packs I bought way back when. The first was the wererats pack. Still have both sets. The iron golem is still my fave representation of the creature.

Not that I don't like the Otherworld sculpts, but I'm invested in 25mm scale too much to make a switch.

Exactly!  I started with 25mm, and I've tried to stay with that as much as possible. I have some 28mm, but usually it's figures that would work either way.  There are disadvantages like, they often topple over easily, many contain lead, and you can't just get what you want from the store, but the advantages are considerable.  There's currently slightly more variety (if you are patient), they are less expensive overall, they take up less space, and they weigh less.   Finally, I just like owning history.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:08 pm 

FWIW, I loved Heritage's kobolds and goblins moreso than the Grenadiers.  Many of the other Heritage humanoids never really stuck with me, but the the little guys did :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:30 am 

Can't say I'm all that keen on much of Heritage's stuff either, though there are some diamonds in the rough. Those kobolds are quite nifty in their own right. I prefer Grenadier's gobbos, though.

Mind you, this is only based on what I have seen of the two in photos. I've never had Heritage's kobolds or goblins to see up close and personal.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:28 pm 

I prefer Heritage's bugbears, hobgoblins, and kobolds. They all look a lot closer to the illustrations in the MM.

From Grenadier, I really like the lizardmen and some of the orcs.

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:44 pm 

SimperingToad wrote:Mind you, this is only based on what I have seen of the two in photos. I've never had Heritage's kobolds or goblins to see up close and personal.

And that has changed. I just received a batch of minis which includes a few Heritage goblins.

I still prefer those from Grenadier (from the blister pack, not the box sets).  :)