Saw a module at a local game store...
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:39 pm 

It was a Greyhawk module called Return of the Eight - didn't see it in the module list or find one on eBay at the moment - anyone have an idea on it's worth?  Paul

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Saphoo that thoughts aquire speed; the lips aquire stains; the stains become a warning.  It is by will alone I set my mind in motion."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:07 pm 

Its a 2nd ed module so that is why you don't see it on the module list. Its not very rare so as to price you will have to pay retail ($10).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:10 am 

I haven't seen it go for more than retail, and I check Greyhawk prices often.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:51 pm 

Allan, he mentioned he saw it at a store so I presumed the item would still be at retail price. Go on ebay and check and it won't get $10 but at stores they still charge retail and I believe that item retail wise is listed at about 10. That is unless the store he went to is pricing 2nd ed stuff like that out then he might get it for half price, etc.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:03 pm 

Mkman wrote:Allan, he mentioned he saw it at a store so I presumed the item would still be at retail price. Go on ebay and check and it won't get $10 but at stores they still charge retail and I believe that item retail wise is listed at about 10. That is unless the store he went to is pricing 2nd ed stuff like that out then he might get it for half price, etc.
 Yes, often on eBay tho, sellers rip you on shipping...  Pay the 13.95 retail or 9.00 + 5.00 shipping.  Six of one - half-dozen of the other  Paul

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Saphoo that thoughts aquire speed; the lips aquire stains; the stains become a warning.  It is by will alone I set my mind in motion."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:11 pm 

LOL yep I see that all too often. I bought an item for 1-2 dollars and shipping was $8 8O I didn't fight it though since the item cost 1-2 dollars. From my point of view many sellers try and make a little profit from the shipping. They do this mainly to recoup losses on a item or to help pay for ebay fees.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:23 pm 

Mkman wrote:From my point of view many sellers try and make a little profit from the shipping. They do this mainly to recoup losses on a item or to help pay for ebay fees.
 also, the fees are more the more the item goes for, but no fees on the shipping. I've sold a couple of things and now I think if I sell lots of stuff again I'll use a flat shipping charge, its just way too much hassle to get the exact shipping charges, it also can take a while to pack up 10-20 seperate items, get the costs email people and wait for em to pay, much easier to say $5 shipping, that way saves time and you get paid faster, buyers should factor in shipping when it is quoted on the auction, otherwise i'd expect the seller to charge actuall shipping costs...  Brette:)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:16 am 

Oh yes, the patient sellers who prepackage stuff for overseas customers and then charge exact postage fees (or something reasonable close) and bow to buyer's wishes on transportation/customs issues seem to have gone... to my disappointment, I saw many sellers with interesting items on Ebay, but "shipping to US addresses only"  :(

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:03 pm 

I think I have seen more of the overseas shipping problem on the foreign eBay websites (eBay UK and eBay Germany). :cry: