A1-4 Set of Modules
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:53 pm 

Hmmm....

Did I set the BIN too low? I usually do not BIN my stuff, but I was trying an experiment...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESO:IT

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:58 pm 

No. . . you did well to get that!  Complete sets of A1-4 usually get between $20-40.  I think it unlikely that you would have got that much without a BIN. . . but it was just tempting enought to hook somebody.

Well done!

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:04 pm 

good lord, yes, that did very well.

I've had mixed thoughts about BIN -- I used to think that BIN capped your auctions too low, but now I think that they may actually get you a better price in the long run because it's tempting for someone who REALLY wants that piece to just end it right there.  For some people the difference between $10 and $20 isn't that much, not if it means getting something 6 days earlier and not having to compete.

I think I'll add BIN for all my future auctions, probably set at something like 20% higher than I think is reasonable (although in your case, that's probably triple what I would have expected -- I just sold A2 A3 A4 combined for something like $8!!).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:48 pm 

Yeah, I am not complaining... :D  

But be careful with listing everying with a BIN. I am trying to get a feel for what moves with it, versus what will not. And how high should I go - 10% higher than what I should reasonably get or 20%?

Also, ebay charges you for listing via BIN, so if does not sell via BIN you still pay the fee. That can add up if you list lots of stuff and nothing gets hit.

I just started this experiment and will continue it for the next month or two... I'll give a full report once I feel I have some real data to share.

Note: That particular auction featured all 1st prints of those respective modules. I am curious to see what they would pull in if no BIN is offered. I have to check my stock and see if I can put together another set of 1sts.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:59 pm 

I know I've mentioned it before. . . but BIN's kick ass.  I list almost every item with a BIN and sell almost everything that way as well.  

In general, BIN's are the most misused eBay option out there. . . many think that it is there 5 cent opportunity to get a whole lotta cash for nothing.  The real way to use BIN's is to make it a reasonable price (perhaps just a little on the high side).  Make it what you EXPECT the item would go for if it gets a little decent bidding.  

Then list a bunch of similar stuff. . . of course buyers want to combine shipping - even more, they would like a GUARANTEE that they can.  

BIN
BIN
BIN
BIN
BIN

aw-confirm from ebay "Can you please send me the total for the items I won. . . "

:D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:13 pm 

Ho, ho, ho - Merry Christmas!

8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:51 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:I know I've mentioned it before. . . but BIN's kick ass.  I list almost every item with a BIN and sell almost everything that way as well.  

In general, BIN's are the most misused eBay option out there. . . many think that it is there 5 cent opportunity to get a whole lotta cash for nothing.  The real way to use BIN's is to make it a reasonable price (perhaps just a little on the high side).  Make it what you EXPECT the item would go for if it gets a little decent bidding.  

Then list a bunch of similar stuff. . . of course buyers want to combine shipping - even more, they would like a GUARANTEE that they can.  

BIN
BIN
BIN
BIN
BIN

aw-confirm from ebay "Can you please send me the total for the items I won. . . "

:D

I BIN every one of my auctions on Ebay.  It's the most underused and effective selling tool Ebay has.  Just be sure you have a good grasp on the price it should or has gone for in the past...I have a 5 year data base of stuff I sell that I can refer to when choosing what to price the BIN at, but anyone can look at past auctions on Ebay or even dealers like NobleKnight or Dragonstrove to find comparable prices. I've gotten to where when I shop on Ebay I use BIN exclusively to purchase CDs, videos or DVDS.

Mike B.