The Bane of Bryreville
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:56 pm 

Happened to find this little product at Half Price Books last year and decided to get it due to its vintage look.  Never heard of it.  I have only found a few references to it on the internet, but it seems to be collectible.  I haven't given it a thorough lookover, but I would guess it is in fine condition; no staple rust, no writing, no mold or smells, a few creases in the cover.  I never see it for sale on ebay, so I am wondering what some of you think its value might be.  Thanks!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:13 pm 

Can you post some Pictures?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:41 pm 

As a BIN I would put $100, maybe even $125 or so if you want to see how it goes - its a rare little book.  As an open auction, if may go a fair bit lower based on today's market. It is rarer than the other book produced by the same company Escape from Minotaur's Lair.

There's some pics here:

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=131

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:18 pm 

Trying to post two pictures I took in this post but not sure how!  Tried the old copy and paste but that didn't work.  Somewhat of a forum newb!  Help?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:28 pm 

Just read FAQ and now see why I can't easily post some pics.  Never placed pics anywhere but on my PC.  Have to investigate and return.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:45 pm 

staro wrote:Just read FAQ and now see why I can't easily post some pics.  Never placed pics anywhere but on my PC.  Have to investigate and return.

You have to upload the photos to an external site like Photobucket, Flickr, etc.  Then you can link them to the forum using the IMG (insert image) tag.  Thats how I do it anyway.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:08 pm 

http://www.afterglow2.com/Product/International.htm

Only remember 1 copy in the past three or four years. A nice little find. Should be able to secure a clear $100 from someone here on the forum. It'd fit with a few of the active collectors here who have that gap in their collections. It is a little harder to find that Minotaur, and threr is onlt the two books to collect in that set.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:38 pm 

Yes, open auction would be great :) I am pretty sure it will go for over $100, or even $150...

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:34 pm 

Still need to get the photos posted; shouldn't take much time, just need to finish home stuff for the night.  I appreciate the thoughts on value.  Here's my problem: I have never sold on ebay before.  So if I decide to, I've got no credibility.  I've purchased there, and I've sold to some people on DF, but I know how important having a good history as a seller is on ebay.  So I may consider having a friend sell it on ebay with his stellar rating.  I'll always post here if/when I do that to let you know it's an item you all have helped with/may be interested in.  I may also just post here and put a price on it and see.  Saves us all some middleman money, and it's more comfortable for me, too.  I know ebay could get me the highest price as an auction, but sometimes the easier route makes more sense.  Sounds like I stumbled upon a treasure!  I think it was so obscure that HPB didn't know what to do with it.  Thanks again!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:03 pm 

Put it up for sale here in the classifieds.  You'll get top dollar.

Martin

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:02 am 

For this kind of rarity, only few people will be interested and the "reliability/credibility" of the ebay seller on the basis on his DSR means nothing I guess... You can sell it nearly for the same money with an excellent DSR than without. I am pretty sure. This works for rare items... not for common ones of course.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:02 am 

That said, with good photos and a Classified ad' here, you should be able to negotiate a fair price with a member of the forum who has this gap in their collection and collects in this area. Those who are interested will message you, and in my experience, you will find them very reasonable and accurate in their offers and estimations of value. If you'd like tips on packing the item well, there is a thread in the General section of packaging. Preserving condition and protecting it is very important to most collectors, and it's one of the biggest gripes they have with some eBay sellers.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:25 am 

Bryreville is pretty rare, and a neat little book. I wouldn't put a BIN on it; there'll be enough interest.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.