Shadowrun 3E Books
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:13 pm 

I have a collection of Shadowrun 3rd Edition books, including the Core Rulebook and several supplements. I am no longer using them (I switched to Shadowrun 4th Ed), so I'm selling them off, possibly to finance the purchase of Shadowrun 4th Ed supplements.

How much would they be worth?

Note that my core-book and some of the supplements have serious binding issues and loose pages (though all pages are still in the cover), so they'll probably cost quite a bit less than the cost of an excellent-condition book.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:15 pm 

Although I consider Shadowrun to be a fine game, it doesnt usually command higher than cover price.  Most of the books can be picked up very cheaply with a few exceptions.  The limited edition hardcover for 3rd edition is usually one of those exceptions.  And if they are in less than stellar condition, as usual expect to get less for them.  You can do a quick search on Ebay for Shadowrun auctions that have already completed to get an idea of what people will pay for them.

If you have a good number of books you might consider selling them all in one lot.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:20 pm 

Hi,

At Spiel last year, there was a german lady EXTREMELY excited at finding a particular Shadowrun book on our stall. She even kissed us. She had very red lipstick and was extremely effusive.

Ho hum.

Cheers,
Malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:52 am 

Would, say, a buy-it-now price of $10 for the core book (which has major binding problems) and a buy-it-now price of $10 for the supplements (which are usually in better shape) be reasonable?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:59 pm 

golan2072 wrote:Would, say, a buy-it-now price of $10 for the core book (which has major binding problems) and a buy-it-now price of $10 for the supplements (which are usually in better shape) be reasonable?

I guess it all depends on which supplements you have.  Most of the 1st - 3rd edition Shadowrun BIN's on Ebay are between 5-15 bucks.  So a $10 BIN might work out for you.  Or you might sell a couple quickly but still find yourself sitting on quite a few books for awhile.  Thus the reason why selling as a lot might benefit you more if you wanted the money quicker.

I guess FASA and Fanpro really glutted the market with Shadowrun.  You can usually find just about anything relatively cheaply nowadays.  Even the stuff that used to be pricey such as Harlequin, California Free State, Bug City, and even Universal Brotherhood arent all that difficult to get anymore.  Fanzines & limited edition books are still pretty difficult to get.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:36 pm 

Who made them? There are two publishers of Third Edition.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:55 pm 

I think 3rd Edition was about the time FASA put out their last edition and thereafter Shadowrun was picked up by FanPRO.

Perhaps FanPRO just re-released 3rd before coming up with a new edition on their own....?

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:58 am 

My Shadowrun 3E core book was made by FASA.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:02 am 

Anyhow, regarding the price, for one core book and 8 supplements, I might sell all of this as a lot with a BIN price of about $50, and a starting bid price of $20. would it be reasonable?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:31 am 

Yeah, that's reasonable. I'd expect it to go closer to the minimum, but that's because it seems most have moved onto 4th edition SR.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.