Your Paladin Has Been Stolen!!(By Druids)
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:10 pm 

YOUR PALADIN HAS BEEN STOLEN!!(BY DRUIDS)

Anyone know how rare this is?

It comes in a white outer folder similar to the Role Aids tournament mods with the cut-out over the title. The front of the folder has a red dragon. The back cover states: TAG Industries, Timothy A. Green Sales Representative. The back cover also states "Suitable for use with Dungeons and Dragons, Tunnels and Trolls, and Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. There isn't any date(probably early to mid '80s).

We have two copies and will probably be listing one Sunday or Monday night.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:52 pm 

Hmmm. That name rings a bell...a distant one though. I think early 80s...Can't imagine there are too many around today.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:05 am 

Got around to researching this the other day, here is what I found.

Module is definately pre 1986, it is listed for sale inside the cover of Castle Thrax which was published in 1985.

TAG Industries also put out a line of miniatures for Morrow Project in 1985 as well as a game based on Jack L. Chalker's Midnight at the Well of Souls.

They produced other lines of miniatures, but I was unable to come up with dates.  They were bought out in the late 90s but probably stopped producing long before that.

Inside the module it stated it was run at NEOCON I.  A quick Google search turns up 3 gaming conventions named NEOCON.  Wichita KS 1989 can quickly be eliminated.  There was one in Little Rock AR for which I could not find a date.  The last was held in Akron OH in the early 80s.  I suspect the last one is the one referred to in the module considering TAG Industries was based out of OH.

If any one has more information on the dates of NEOCON I, I would be most interested.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:09 am 

I picked my copy up at Gencon around 1986. No idea what it is worth. I thought the title was rather humorous. Would be interested to find out though.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:18 pm 

Resurrecting the thread with the info on NEOCON I:

It appears to have occurred March 19-21 1982, based on a March 18 1982 article in the Akron Beacon Journal:
The Akron Beacon Journal from Akron, Ohio on March 18, 1982 · Page 41

Later years of NEOCON were listed in Dragon magazine's convention calendar, starting with NEOCON III (mentioned in Dragon #83), also in Akron during March, helping to corroborate the accuracy of the newspaper article.

According to the US Copyright Office records, the module was released in January 1983. Search for record number TX0001052082 for details.

Guy Fullerton
Chaotic Henchmen Productions
http://www.chaotichenchmen.com/