Kara-Tur: The Eastern Realms: HTF?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:02 pm 

I might be able to pick up an NM copy of the Kara-Tur boxed set next week. I'm thinking the $60 (including taxes & s&h) price might be an okay price. eBay.ca shows one retailing for $138 these days. Is this set htf?
I'd appreciate any help.

Gildor speaks to Frodo: 'Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out.'--Tolkien 

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:41 pm 

$60 with shipping included is probably okay for NM.  I don't think you would get much more for it as a resell item.  They aren't really that hard to find.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:56 pm 

Agreed.  That price is about right.  It's rarity is definitely overrated.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:14 pm 

TheHistorian wrote: It's rarity is definitely overrated.

I think there was one reseller (maybe Zochhi) back in the day that decided this was rare and charged a lot for it so there is some myth that they are rare that has been propagated for years.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:29 pm 

Yep, I think it was Zocchi.

Nearly as big a rarity myth as DDG.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:28 pm 

Thanks for the feedback.
It's frustrating when a used-book store close by, with lots of storage space, can afford to sit on items. I know they've been using eBay as their pricing guide since they don't know item values. The same seller's got some nice Al Qadim for $40/item as well, which is more than I want to pay for AQ. <sad>

Gildor speaks to Frodo: 'Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out.'--Tolkien 

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:31 pm 

puterdragon wrote:The same seller's got some nice Al Qadim for $40/item as well, which is more than I want to pay for AQ. <sad>

I'd sell my shrinked AQ stuff for that price.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:45 am 

I bought a complete Al-Qadmin set at more like $10/item.