Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:16 pm 

Ive bought from nobleknight, on ebay, for 25 bucks:

"
Maze of Zayene Part 1 - Prisoners of the Maze
Maze of Zayene Part 2 - Dimensions of Flight
Maze of Zayene Part 3 - Tower Chaos
Maze of Zayene Part 4 - The Eight Kings
Garden of the Plantmaster (stand alone adventure)

All are in near mint to mint condition IN THE ORIGINAL SHRINKWRAP.  

Lucky winner also receives a promotional flyer for the NEVER released "City of Brass" module!!  
"

thats NKs decription - just arrived an all looks good

Now, I want to read the Zayennes, so how much am i losing by opening the SW?

how much for GoP and the flyer?

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:39 pm 

These are fairly cheap (relatively) either way, so you're not losing much money by tearing them open. One thing you'll notice if you open the shrinkwrap is that the staples will be severely rusted, with attendant staining on the outer folder and pages. I've seen a number of these (both from NKG and elsewhere), and every single one has exhibited this defect. Not sure if they were all stored in a damp warehouse for years or what, but I've yet to see a clean copy of any of the 4 modules.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:50 pm 

I guess that prices will be the same in shrink or not. As meta said, they are rather easy to find, so SW is not a "plus". It is the same for GoP.
I have no idea for the flyer. I was thinking that all lot from NKG has the flyer included...

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:55 pm 

No of the items in your pack are rare.  Most people that own these have all promo stuff, etc.  If you want to own one in shrink and one open then buy 2 sets for $25 each.  Most of the packs I bought from NK have 1 or two modules in tattered shrink so its partially coming off already.  As mentioned some do tend to have staple rust but others don't.  This is also a problem with lots and lots of TSR modules in shrink.

Saying "mint or nm in shrink" is a statement that you can't back up unless you open to verify.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:59 pm 

They are (IMO) Definately worth being opened and at least read if not played too.
If they were mine... RIP goes the wrap.
Actually I have the same set and they are no longer in SW and have not been since the day they arrived... years ago.
I have thought many times since about getting that extra set in the SW, to stay in the SW just never bothered... yet.  :lol:

So far your vote is 10 to RIP and Zero to keep wrapped.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:04 pm 

I don't think you will substantially lower the value of these publications if you rip off the shrinkwrap.

Decades from now, collectors from another dimension will be asking, "Why are all these Maze of Zayene modules appearing in shrinkwrap?  They won't remember the Noble Knight marathon sell-off, and the abudance of shrink items will be a puzzle.

The executors of your estate will put your Maze of Zayene set up for auction and it will sell for the same price as a shrinkwrapped set...which will be 375,000 Z3 (Cubic Zortons), which will be the inflated future equivalent of $25.  (Shipping will be a mere 200,000 Z3)

Meanwhile, you will have read your Maze of Zayene modules.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:23 pm 

There is always the option of buying the D20 versions of these modules that didn't come shrinkwrapped :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:34 pm 

Deshrink!
I think a minor earthquake has just been detected in southern Alabama. Some guy just fell right over!

:wink:

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:45 pm 

Mars wrote:There is always the option of buying the D20 versions of these modules that didn't come shrinkwrapped :)

I second this motion. :)  Just finished reading the d20 versions and found them quite entertaining.  The d20 versions are an excellent start to any Necromancer Games collection and can be found easily on eBay.  If you want to avoid eBay, send me a PM as I have extra copies of the first two.

Finally according to Johnnie Cochran,  "If the shrink is unfit, you must rip it!" ;)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:48 am 

The shrink might eventually turn out to be rarer than the items themselves, though.  So after you tear it off, be sure to place the shrink in a protective plastic sleeve with backing board.

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:25 pm 

bombadil wrote:The shrink might eventually turn out to be rarer than the items themselves, though.  So after you tear it off, be sure to place the shrink in a protective plastic sleeve with backing board.

:lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:08 pm 

bombadil wrote:The shrink might eventually turn out to be rarer than the items themselves, though.  So after you tear it off, be sure to place the shrink in a protective plastic sleeve with backing board.

Or cut the shrink along the top edge and slide the module out to read it then slide it back in.  Have seen a few sellers on Ebay selling this - Mint in shrink except shrink is cut along top (was read once then slid back into shrink).

"mint in shrink" by definition the item inside is still "mint" and it is inside the original shrink :)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:12 pm 

Mars wrote:
Or cut the shrink along the top edge and slide the module out to read it then slide it back in.  Have seen a few sellers on Ebay selling this - Mint in shrink except shrink is cut along top (was read once then slid back into shrink).

"mint in shrink" by definition the item inside is still "mint" and it is inside the original shrink :)

That is a BS way to do it IMO.
It aint mint in SW unless the SW is also Mint.
Cut aint mint.
At that point it aint as good as a nice baggie... with or without a backing board.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:20 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:That is a BS way to do it IMO.

I completely agree.  Just remembering some seller on Ebay who did that - they probably faced the same question "to rip to not to rip".  I recall one seller updating his auctions to reflect that they were all cut open along the top after the first round of auctions had been sold as mint in shrink - his justification for not clarifying was that technically they were still "mint in shrink".  I recall his auctions still sold for a higher premium than mint without shrink.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:02 pm 

If it has been out of the shrink than it can no longer be considered "shrinked".  Once out you might as well throw away the shrink.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:37 pm 

I keep the shrink with any items that it isn't ruined by.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:07 pm 

Now $14.98 (+shipping - flat rate for multiple purchases, if you /must/ have a copy with sw intact); http://gamerati.com/loot/
(as noted on http://underdarkgazette.blogspot.com/20 ... -loot.html :))

56 in stock, it seems

==

*chuckles at 21-0 poll voting*

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:33 pm 

Two grams of iron oxide included with every order, at no extra charge!

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Next