recent valuations?
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:01 pm 

Anyone know of any attempts to keep track of recent valuations of items?  There's a lot of "this has been going for a lot the past few months" and "these values have dropped a lot", but that's obviously based on individual experience.

What I've done has been to search Completed Listings on eBay and use an average of the last three auctions, but that's ad hoc at best.  I sometimes double check with NobleKnight or TitanGames as a sanity check as well, but their prices are generally inflated by at least 20% over what you can get on eBay (which isn't all that bad since they're actual storefronts).

The only item I plan on selling of even moderate interest is a Complete Book of Necromancers, and those go for about $10-25 I think depending on condition.  But I always like to have a general idea of how much something is worth before posting.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:35 pm 

We're actually working on a system to do just that -- track trends in item valuations more closely, at least for the items that we already cover on the site.  This new system should be debuting shortly.

Foul

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:43 am 

And another way to do it is to use the Price History in AuctionSieve - eBay auction search software tool | AuctionSieve

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:09 pm 

I know Adventurer's Guild modules have taken a major hit.  Seems like the average price in the past year has been about $20 a module.  There have been about 5 or 6 auctions thus far this year.