Tower of Elbrith
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:21 am 

I have a copy of "Tower of Elbrith" by Attack International Wargaming (1979). This is a solitaire dungeon for D&D, with production values about equivalent to that of "Lost Caverns of Tsojconth", e.g. very amateurish. I would rate the book's condition as "Good +". The spine is worn and showing some splits, although it is still intact, and there is a one inch tear along the bottom of the back cover; otherwise it's in great shape. Like "Tsojconth", the pages are loose inside the cover, so there's no worries about rusty staples.

Anyone ever seen one of these or have any idea as to its value?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:24 am 

I have not heard of that title, but I have heard of the company, they also produced "The Infernax of Spells, Necromancy, and Black Magic".  I would guess your module would go for $40+, probabily more if burntwire and dreadlord got into a bidding war.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:56 am 

Is the module any good/fun to play?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:26 am 

Thanks for the responses. I figured that the title would be pretty obscure when I couldn't find any mention of it on Afterglow's web site and a Google search only resulted in some guys' want lists. Solo dungeons weren't a real big part of the D&D experience. :)

Hmmmm, it's been almost 20 years since I last played the module, so my memory might be a bit fuzzy. As I recall it was OK, mostly hack n' slash which satisfied the younger inner munchkin in me. I was mostly impressed by its size; 40 pages and (by my count) 283 paragraph entries, which was pretty good for the solo dungeons I'd seen at the time.

Y'know, I might have to play through it again one more time just for old time's sake   :D