TSR boardgames (Divine Rights, Cohort, Lankhmar, KoC)
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:08 pm 

Hi,

I am thinking about selling some of my TSR boardgames but I'd like to know if it is interesting of not...
I have 4 games that i want to part with at this moment:
- Cohort (new in shrink)
- Divine Rights (unpunched but few sheets has been cut out otherwise in NM/M condition)
- Lankhmar (unpunched, content is mint)
- Knight of Camelot (punched but content is in EX/NM condition)

Thank you!

Here is the pictures (better to see the actual condition of each)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:44 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Hi,

I am thinking about selling some of my TSR boardgames but I'd like to know if it is interesting of not...
I have 4 games that i want to part with at this moment:
- Cohort (new in shrink)
- Divine Rights (unpunched but few sheets has been cut out otherwise in NM/M condition)
- Lankhmar (unpunched, content is mint)
- Knight of Camelot (punched but content is in EX/NM condition)

Thank you!

Divine Right always has done well in the past, haven't payed attention to the other games.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:07 pm 

I'm pretty sure that Divine Right is, by far, the most interesting one (from a seller poit of view...  8) ) in the list.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:15 pm 

I think Lankhmar usually goes for decent money, too, though I haven't actively tracked the auctions. I would think at least $100 for the condition yours is in, probably more. I'm in the market for one :).

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:06 pm 

Thank you guys.
I found an auction for Lankhmar for more than $100 ($120 IIRC) but I guess it is overpriced.
As Jason, I noticed that Divine Rights sold for a good price but I didn't look to auction for 1-2 years for these games.

MetamorphosisSigma wrote: I'm in the market for one

Which one?

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:32 pm 

Lankhmar for +/- $100 USD?
REALLY?!
How much would you give me for one of these?  8)

Seriously...

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:42 pm 

Yes, $100 seems to be high for it. I didn't find any completed auction for it so I don't know what could be a excepted value. I was thinking around 60-70$
How many different prints exist?

The one that I have absolutely no clue, is the Cohort game. I found one for auction, but it is not sealed.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:28 pm 

Cohorts listed in the EGG auctions.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:52 pm 

That Divine Right set with the unpunched counters/cards...sweet!!!
I'm thinking it's worth in the $125 range. A played copy in decent condition is in like $75 range.

The Knights of Camelot auctions from a couple years ago were in the $20-$35 range. I think there were 2 prints of this game.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:06 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:[ Image ]

Lankhmar for +/- $100 USD?
REALLY?!
How much would you give me for one of these?  8)

Seriously...

Okay, guess I'm way off. The few times I've bothered to check completed auctions for Lankhmar in decent shape (complete, unpunched), they seem to have sold for more than $100. But as I said, I've hardly been assidously tracking them.

I guess I'd give you what you think it's worth :), which presumably is somewhat less...

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:15 pm 

The only Lankhmar that I actually kept info on was from March of 2009 that was sold by the seller aardvark-abc (I think he had some of those tsjocanths, etc, if I'm not mistaken). It sold for $25, but it was not unpunched like yours

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:33 pm 

I picked up a punched but complete Divine Right for $40 a while back... yours is pretty nice and unpunched, probably $50-$75.

I haven't actively been looking but I'd certainly bid a complete Lankhmar or Camelot to $25 or so... but I think the condition of yours would command more :)

I recall Cohorts selling for somewhat modest prices, though I have not tracked them carefully enough to name a price.

Good luck if you decide to sell!

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:19 am 

Thank you very much for all your estimates.

Yes, I think that Cohort is not sought after. I noticed, as stated by dbartman, that EGG auction lists a Cohort, but it won't sell at a "normal" price.

I will think about this and if I decide to sell them, I will post in classified before listing on ebay.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:49 am 

I think Lankhmar would sell for somewhere between the upper estimates above and the lower estimates.
Complete and unpunched... such as your set, perhaps $50-60?

If it also had a Mint box, more.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:58 am 

Yes, I guess that a Mint copy or SWed one would sell for $90. $60-70 for this one would be a decent price (at least I do hope!). I wonder if an early print would worth more. As yours.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:12 pm 

btw, on the Knights of Camelot, does the booklet cover towards the top mention it's a 2nd print?

Double check whether the booklet has 36 or 32 pgs. I'm thinking it looks like the 32pg version.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:34 pm 

misterspock wrote:btw, on the Knights of Camelot, does the booklet cover towards the top mention it's a 2nd print?

Double check whether the booklet has 36 or 32 pgs. I'm thinking it looks like the 32pg version.

It should be a 2nd print, since it has the Willingham artwork (knights) at the top. The 1st print is blank around the title.

Here's a thread with a lot of info on KoC:
(that sounds bad!)

viewtopic.php?t=5891

BTW, I've never even heard of that TSR Cohorts game before! Nice to see the David Sutherland cover. The back says the game is by L. Sprague de Camp, and is the third in the famous author series. What are the first two? Lankhmar by Fritz Leiber? Wizards & Warriors by Gardner Fox?

Googling produces these two pages which mention Cohorts:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/6985 ... n-checkers
http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4153

In the 2nd, TFM asks the same question. I wonder if TSR created this line retroactively when Cohorts was produced so it's the only product mentioning it? Perhaps a TSR catalog has the info on the other products included in this line.

Okay, I just figured it out. The 1978 TSR catalog from TSR ("Games for Imaginative People"), which is up on ToT, has a blurb for Cohorts that says the other two games in the series are indeed Lankhmar and W&W.

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4274

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:16 pm 

Thanks for the investigation. I was wondering what was the 1st as well :)

misterspock wrote:btw, on the Knights of Camelot, does the booklet cover towards the top mention it's a 2nd print?

32pg, 2nd ed. Yes, you're right.

Next