OCE set with pages error
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:06 pm 

Any idea how common this might be, or possible value?

The "misprint" pages are in Vol 2. Monster and Treasure
The other booklets of the set are as they should be
Overall condition of the set is decent.

[/img]

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:40 pm 

Looks like a nice set.  Should be able to get around $150 I would think.  I don't think the misprint adds any value but probably doesn't detract much in this case either.

In general there seem to be lots of misprints out there - I'm sure every product TSR produced has a misprint copy.  I've had misprint copies of some of their other books like Star Empires.  They are not common but in general only a curiosity rather than a collectible - it may attract 1 or maybe just 1 additional interested person but it probably loses the interest of a few others - especially in cases where the product is no longer complete.  Extra pages added is much better than pages missing.  The exception seems to be misprints in early items - your item would fall into this category.  No real way of telling aside from listing it on Ebay and seeing how it does.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:58 pm 

I am with Mars on this. I can't imagine the overall value changing in a meaningful way.
The good news is that the set looks very nice. Paper is bright, etc. It is worth paying ebay the extra few cents to add pictures. You may be surprised and do better than the $150, though it is a very accurate estimate.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:02 pm 

Actually, looking at the page numbers, are a bunch missing or is everything accounted for but out of order/repeated?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:19 pm 

Mars wrote:Actually, looking at the page numbers, are a bunch missing or is everything accounted for but out of order/repeated?

The first and last eight (four 8 1/2 x 11 sheets, double sided and centerfolded) are missing, and replaced with the repeat pages.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:57 am 

Wish the pics you posted were not so large that we had to scroll to see it all.
At first I though you were talking about just extra pages...
Then I finally saw it has some repeated pages and missing others.

I think that some here might pay a slight premium for that misprinted book despite the fact it is missing some pages.
Besides; Other than that, the entire set is VERY NICE on its own merits.
Complete (other than the obvious problem pointed out) and in excellent condition and should command a very nice price on that note alone.

I agree with the posts above, in that I cannot picture it going for a rediculous amount, but not likely to sell for less than the $150 stated either.

If I was into misprints like that one and if I had the funds; I would go a little higher than $150 if needed to win it.
And I already have a minty complete OCE... without misprints... :D

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:34 pm 

Guys, I think he's referring to the large hand stuck to the pages.  If you zoom in you can almost see it in a couple of the pictures, albeit discerning detail in such tiny photos is far from straightforward.  

In this case, I'd say it definitely adds to the value because you won't have to hold the book open yourself.  On the other hand, turning the pages may be a bit tricky.

Let mirth prevail!