Was this a good deal? I'm thinking so!
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:32 pm 

A guy sent me an e-mail a couple of days ago saying he had a bunch of stuff from when he played when he was a kid-from 1977-78. I think-great another good deal like the one from before. Well he showed up with the stuff...and a price guide from a certain website (hint-you're on it). I was looking the books over and it was pretty obvious he knew what I was looking for-especially when he said that the DMG was the fourth print and didn't have the run-on lettering on the stripe. Anyway-I paid 150.00 Cdn for :
The MM is a 3rd, the PHB is a 3rd, everything is in VG or better shape-contents of the OCE are mint and the Greyhawk supplement is a 2nd.
The JG stuff is not my thing if anyone's interested in a swap for something PM me.
I'm pleased-but is 150 too much?[/img]

If you believe that ADVANCED DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS is a game worth playing, you will certainly find it doubly so if you play well.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:22 pm 

Pricewise I think it is about right for the items.  $100 for the OCE + Grey and $50 for the 3 earlier print hardcovers seems about right.  I don't think either of the judges guild items are worth much.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:23 pm 

I concur.  The seller did fine by avoiding some fees and you did too.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles