Thinning the Herd
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:09 pm 

I'm going to be thinning out some of my older and more obscure games and I just want to be sure I'm asking a reasonable price or swap. While I doubt many of these are worth more than 5-10 dollars, I'm at least hoping for a baseline. The conditions are all at least Good with exceptions where noted. No dice come with any of these. Maybe you guys can help?

Metabarons
Runequest Deluxe Box Set (unused)
Runequest Monster Coliseum (unused, minor tearing on box)
Aria
Over the Edge
Nexus
Alternity Basic Box Set
Amber
Boot Hill 3rd Edition
Kult
Ars Magica
Ordo Nobilus (I think this is an Ars Magica Supplement)
Amazing Engine: Magitech
Theatrix Core Rules
Pendragon (soft cover, not the box set)
Conspiracy X
Nemesis (Conspiracy X supplement)
Cryptozoology (Conspiracy X supplement)
In Nomine (black cover)
The Arcanum (supplement for a game having to do with Atlantis, can't get to it right now to check)
Weird War: Blood On the Rhine
Death From Above (Blood On the Rhine supplement)
Call of Cthulhu (not sure what edition, Chaosium 2301-X, still has little metal miniature inside, box torn but otherwise intact)
Castle Falkenstein and following supplements:
Six Guns and Sorcery
Book of Sigils
Comme Il Faut
Steam Age
Memoirs of Auberon of Faerie
Lost Notebook of Da Vinci

(the core book for Castle Falkenstein is intact, but frequent use has weakened the spine a bit. The rest are in excellent shape)

I have some other stuff, but I think they're incomplete. I have a Star Frontiers box set, but haven't checked its condition yet, and something dealing with Earthdawn.

Any info here?

Some say the Fifties were a decade. I say it's a lifestyle.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:16 pm 

These might be worth more than $10:

Shiftkitty wrote:Runequest Deluxe Box Set (unused)
Boot Hill 3rd Edition
Call of Cthulhu (not sure what edition, Chaosium 2301-X, still has little metal miniature inside, box torn but otherwise intact)
Castle Falkenstein
(the core book for Castle Falkenstein is intact, but frequent use has weakened the spine a bit. The rest are in excellent shape)

Check Amazon and eBay (active and completed auctions) to see what is already on the market.

I saw a Castle Falkenstein lot on eBay recently but didn't keep track of it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:53 pm 

If the Runequest Deluxe box set is the Avalon Hill version then you would do well to get $25 for it.  The boxed Chaosium version usually goes for a bit more.  Boot Hill usually does well regardless of which version it is.  The Arcanum will sometimes net you less than $10, and other times it might jump up to around $40 but a safe bet is around $15.  There are two printings, the first is a black and silver cover.  The second is white, black, and red.  Don't really know which is more sought after.

Most of the other stuff I am unfamiliar with.  Best bet is to look on Ebay for completed auction prices as JohnGaunt suggested.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:42 am 

I know I'd personally be interested in the Pendragon book. The question is, which Pendragon softcover are we talking about here?

See, without some additional information, it's difficult to make an assessment even with ebay IMO.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:40 am 

Traveller wrote:See, without some additional information, it's difficult to make an assessment even with ebay IMO.

*nods*

a picture of each item might help everyone to offer more information /and/or interest in each of the items.

Al

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:49 am 

Shiftkitty wrote:
Runequest Deluxe Box Set (unused)
Runequest Monster Coliseum (unused, minor tearing on box)
Pendragon (soft cover, not the box set)

Someone has been clearing out a stockpile of RQ Deluxe sets in shrink for [email protected] recently, so that would probably be the ceiling.

Monster Coliseum seems pretty common and thus doesn't do all that well.  I'd guess $10-20 if it sells.

Pendragon has to be 3E or 4E.  4E could do better than $10; 3E probably won't.

CoC has to be 2E or 3E (just look at the back of the box and you'll see it noted next to the picture), probably 3E because I think the miniature promo was only in that set.  Prices vary widely on these.  It will really depend on completeness of the hard to find parts (silhouette cutouts, dice, etc.) and condition of the box, so it could be $10-75, depending.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:47 am 

I didn't post pictures because right now the whole stack is holding up a very picky modem. When I finally decide what's staying and what's going, I'll definitely get pictures and what-not. I even want to snuffle around a bit more and make sure I've located everything, because I just now, as I was typing this, found GURPS Space: Space Atlas 2 sitting right beneath the CoC box. Plus I want to check out Star Frontiers and that Earthdawn box a little more. It says "Parlainth: The Forgotten City" on it, so it's not the core game.

Some say the Fifties were a decade. I say it's a lifestyle.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:13 pm 

I would be interested in the entire Castle Falkenstein set, provided the books are not falling apart.

I'd be willing to pay around $40 for the lot.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:30 pm 

serleran wrote:I would be interested in the entire Castle Falkenstein set, provided the books are not falling apart.

I'd be willing to pay around $40 for the lot.

BTW, that is a fair price for the lot if books that have not imploded.