Woodgrain original
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:24 am 

I dont know what to make of this one. Do you think it could of went too low for this seller or do you think the price is adjusting for this item? At any rate I am a little disturbed the auction ended prematurely.  Adam  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3103979761

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:17 am 

LOL....I knew that would happen. Everyone can guess what happened there. A collector offered the seller a offer to end auction early. I still wonder woh the person is and how much.....  Not me though, no money for a poor college student :cry:  It could be someone on the acaeum perhaps even you Adam......

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:28 am 

I think he actually might not have been getting any bids. Afraid he might have to let it go for far less than he was hoping it would fetch he backed out to return on another day.  You, on the other hand Mike are another story. I do not contact sellers to end auctions early like college students with bellyache stories might. The fact of the matter is you might have much more disposable income left over for your hobby interest than others of this group do who have families to support and whose parents aren't meeting their monthly expenditures.  Give it a rest already.  Adam

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:30 am 

. I do not contact sellers to end auctions early like college students with bellyache stories might
 LOL  :lol:  :lol:  :D  :roll:  :wink:  You make me laugh Adam. Give it a rest.  You actually think the guy was afraid that he was getting too less bids and price? I bet there were many people who contacted him asking him for a buy it now price, etc.  PS Adam, I obtain many of my items from trading. Do you think I had the money to get 7 wee warrior items? no way. I had to trade away items for them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:12 am 

UPDATE: Adam and I have worked out some differences so you won't see me arguing with him :-)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:46 pm 

I am glad you guys kissed and made up! 8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:18 pm 

:oops:  8O  :lol:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:20 pm 

I'm sure that a buyout was offered:) the problem these days with ebay is that people are waiting till the last seconds to bid, and in all truth I do it now as well as its sometime the only way to win, only if I'm awake..LOL being on the other side of the world has its disadvantages.... I see some items tripple in price in tha past minutes, I won one the other day in which I bid and someone else almost doubled the price in the last 2 seconds... basically its more like turning the thing into a blind auction were people bid their highest amounts in the dying minutes and who ever is prepared to keep on bidding the highest (and is the quickest;) can get the item. ... I'm not overly fond buyout nids, as this of course will limit you to get a bargin.... I'm pretty sure if the seller ends the auction early, the highest bid at the time will still win, ... so whoever was the highest bidder at close more than likely made the buyout bid.... Brette:)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:33 am 

LOL not really "kissed and made" up Len.   We had some differences and settled it mano a mano.  Brette, definitely someone offered a buyout on the woodgrain. I see no reason why the seller would end such a demanded and sought after item. Plenty of people saw the item and were going to bid on it. Guess someone wanted it badly and wanted it to be anonymous.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:52 am 

I sent a followup email to the seller and he said a friend of his son's prevailed on him to sell it to him and he gave in. Too bad for all of us.  :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:47 pm 

he said a friend of his son's prevailed on him to sell it to him and he gave in. Too bad for all of us.
 Nice excuse by the seller. Either the friend of his son has a lot of money or he is plain bsing. That woodgrain could have easily fetched 500+. His sons friend better have that much or he just doesn't want us to know who actually bought it. I've seen sellers say excuses like that many times.