TSR Apple II+ Games - Dawn Patrol, Theseus and the Minotaur
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:27 pm 

Two questions:

(1) Of the following sites, which is the best place to sell Dawn Patrol and Theseus and the Minotaur for the Apple II+?  Why?
  • Acaeum Classifieds
  • eBay
  • RPG Marketplace
  • NTRPGCon 2011 live auction
(2) What is the best way to value items like these?  They are rather rare, and I suspect that only a few collectors are interested in owning them.  For example, the Burntwire Brothers own these two games.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:29 pm 

A third question for Smarmy:

How much would he pay for these two boxes to not be opened?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:28 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Two questions:

(1) Of the following sites, which is the best place to sell Dawn Patrol and Theseus and the Minotaur for the Apple II+?  Why?
  • Acaeum Classifieds
  • eBay
  • RPG Marketplace
  • NTRPGCon 2011 live auction
(2) What is the best way to value items like these?  They are rather rare, and I suspect that only a few collectors are interested in owning them.  For example, the Burntwire Brothers own these two games.

Before you settle on one of the four venues above, it might be worthwhile to hunt down the equivalent of the Acaeum in the Apple/Apple II game collectors world.  I am not sure if such a site exists, but I would imagine someone at those sites or a vintage computer game site could assist you with pricing these items.  Obviously, they have appeal to the Acaeum/TSR collector; but I would think the Acaeum Classifieds might not reach the core collector market for vintage computer games.

Nice finds nonetheless.  Do not remove the shrink under any circumstance.  I am sure anyone who wants to play the game can find the equivalent ROM emulators on the Internet. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:56 am 

I dont know of any "Acaeum-like" websites dedicated to collecting games just for vintage computers anymore.  I used to have a couple of links but they are defunct nowadays.  You might get a hit or two on some of the console sites though.

Digital Press:  http://www.digitpress.com/
RF Generation:  http://www.rfgeneration.com/
Atari Age:  http://www.atariage.com/

Atari Age has a specific forum just for older computers such as the Apple II and Commodore series.

Something else you might think about before trying to sell them is submit scans and info of the games to http://www.mobygames.com/home
I checked their database and neither game is listed.  There is a forum there as well if you dont find anything useful anywhere else.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:23 am 

As a quick guess, I would think these would be in about a $40 range (each) to TSR completist collectors.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:41 pm 

Hello,

Sorry for the bump of an old thread, but I have Theseus and the Minotaur in factory shrink and was curious what the general value may be. I believe I saw some mentions in the various "interesting items on eBay" threads when searching but I did not click to see if they sold or whatever.

Also, does anyone know if the Intellivision games for AD&D are worth anything? I have two, also in factory shrink.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.