Outdoor Geomorphs value
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:34 pm 

I have a set of Outdoor Geomorphs Set One: Walled City I thinking of selling and was wondering what the value is for it. It is a 2nd print uncut and complete. The original shrink wrap is there and it appears that the first owner slit the wrap down the side, maybe to look them over, then put the sheets back in the wrap and left them there. The only thing I see wrong with them is the cover sheet has some slight yellowing along the right edge where the wrap was slit. I would like to sell them to a member
and save the ebay fees. So what you think they are worth?
Thanks,
John Proctor/zanarchist

BTW: zanarchist is my ebay ID also if you like to check out my feedback.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:16 pm 

Hi John,

A 3rd print in shrink sold for $165 back in April

There was a 2nd print that sold along with a Dungeon Geomorphs in Australia for approx $46 in US dollars back in March. However, both the geomorphs sets were cut up, or at least some in each of them.

They definitely don't come up that often. The ones that came up for sale (all 2nd and 3rd prints) in 2009 were all in the "very good" to "fine" range and they sold for $105, $104, $140 and $128.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:40 pm 

Hi misterspock, I was hoping to get about $150 but that seems it would be a little high. I guess I need to rethink my price.
Thanks for your help,
John

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:59 pm 

Hey, I completely missed this several days back ... congratulations!

** expired eBay auction **

btw, everytime I'm out on the 60 west near Sun City, it seems like there's a lot of traffic until you get out of the city!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:17 pm 

I was kind of surprised I got what I was asking.  I posted them with "Or Best Offer" and thought I would get an offer for less. I only been in Sun City West for a couple of month but I have noticed that it is very quiet out here.
John

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:26 pm 

I actually was behind the times and didn't notice until it went to EBay. Was going to make an offer through here if it failed to sell (which I expected), and save you some seller fees. Oh, well. Such is life.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:53 am 

zanarchist wrote:I was kind of surprised I got what I was asking.

Agreed, John, and rather surprised at the rapidity of that sale, too. Well done!

Also looking forward to someone explaining how it's possible to tell whether opened shrink has been transferred from one product to another, or is original to that item. If there's money in that, someone is bound to try... :?

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:57 am 

The only reason I believe the wrap is the original is because the Outdoor Geomorphs were packed in a 3rd print basic set with early prints of sets 2 & 3 of Dungeon Geomorphs in shrink wrap that was slit in the same way.
John