UK Fanzine: The Booklet of Many Things #1-3
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:44 am 

Anyone have any info about this seemingly small press fan-made product which seems to have had at least three issues, according to White Dwarf #68 where they are advertised as being for sale...

They are supposed to contain AD&D material and maybe some Call of Cthulhu stuff, which has me piqued.

Are there more then 3? Are they worth finding? Anyone have any they might trade/sell?

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:17 am 

Four issues, at least.

What UK fanzine isn't worth finding? :)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:57 am 

When it comes to quality of content, I have yet to find a UK 'zine that has sucked, but if these only have a little to add, like say, 1 new spell or magic item, then it is probably not worth my effort to find them... but, if they're like most of the rest I've seen and have new monsters or adventures, then that's something else. Do you have any pictures of the covers, faro?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:50 pm 

> When it comes to quality of content, I have yet to find a UK 'zine that has sucked, but if these only have a little to add, like say, 1 new spell or magic item, then it is probably not worth my effort to find them...

Hrmm; you'd think the 'zine's title would be "The Booklet of Only a Few Things" in that case, serl'? :)

Snagging anything "out of the ordinary" probably wouldn't be a bad idea nonetheless, IMO, as tradebait after reading through. Still /way/ too many research gaps here, for one...

> Do you have any pictures of the covers, faro?

I don't recall seeing any copies recently, sorry, and suspect they wouldn't be in the "misplaced" box as those are early 80s IIRC (TASs and suchlike), so if I ever had those - and the hooks from Imagine make that not unlikely - they presumably went awol at uni.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:15 pm 

If it can be believed that the entries in the Classifieds section of White Dwarf are legitimate, then it appears there are at least 5 issues of this.

Please respond if you have any information about the subject, as I am starting to get hungry to hunt them down.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:11 am 

Not to get my hopes up, but I have been contacted by an individual who may be able to get these into my hands, either in print or possibly scanned form. I hope print as I am eager to see what is inside. A little more research has revealed some information which may be inaccurate, but if true, makes me itch for them even more as I am a terrible fan of "random charts."

Scratch, scratch. :)