Black Opal Eye
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:21 am 

I'm new to these forums but wanted to ask your opinions about the general value of RPGA2 Black Opal Eye in VF to NM condition.  I see there was a previous post from late last year (viewtopic.php?t=9291&highlight=opal)
related to this.  I am wondering if the value provided there is still relevant.  I haven't been able to find any up for auction on ebay to get any kind of reference point.  I have never sold anything on ebay but have sold to other gamers through paypal and am interested in finding out what a good starting point would be.  Thanks for any input!

Damon

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:29 am 

A good starting point is something like $10. If you list with too high a starting bid, you'll scare off potential bidders. And, you can always smack a reserve on it if you think you have to get X value.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:40 am 

Prices are down across the board, but I'd think a nice copy would still bring $200+

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:00 am 

** expired eBay auction **

$450 for this on on Jul 2nd (Looks like a BIN)

NOTE: If you sell by auction and do not like to gamble then definitely SET A RESERVE for the price you want to get. Otherwise many factors can make an item sell for much less than it might.

But, do you want a quick sale or maximum value?

If you want a quick sale run an auction style listing or put it up for a BIN that will get it snatched up.

If you want maximum value then run a buy it now listing with the high value you want, and you can set the listing to accept non-binding offers. If you run a BIN listing they can be set for 30 days and can cost as low as .50c (So, $6 a year to list your item and find the buyer who is willing to spend the money rather than try to force the issue and find a buyer in a week with an auction).

When selling for maximum value keep in mind you can always lower your price but you can't raise it if you put a low BIN and it gets snatched up.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:40 am 

Really helpful info!  Thank you!  I saw the BIN one referenced on ebay, but I find those to be misleading as to what it is likely to sell for.  As you said, that guy could be just fine waiting for a while until someone gives him what he's asking.  I'll think about whether I want speed or maximum value.  Can't I have both?  :D