condition verification from you pros please :)
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:08 am 

Hi all,
after trying everything to avoid it , Sadly I am having to part with these aussie monos -  I am going to post on ebay .  I want an acurate description of their condition according to the Acaeum criteria. can I get some help evaluating that if that possible . No rust whatsoever on staples btw .
thanks in advance guys  

http://img188.imageshack.us/g/fireback.jpg/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:23 am 

From what I can see, my opinion is:

G1 - VG/FN
G2 - VF
G3 - FN

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:56 am 

I am NOT a pro grading expert, but will offer my thoughts below:

FWIW: Nice pictures and the inside cover pictures were VERY helpful in the overall cover grading for me.

Anyway:
G-1:
Cover:
Overall looks like plenty of spine wear and creases.
Front- Spine creases; At the Word Chief there is a white streak; All four corners look rounded and dinged up in varying degrees.
Rear-Corners dinged (Same ones) looks like some of the module has been damaged somehow with pits or surface abrasions near the spine (looking at the white spots)
Module:
Inside cover: Nice, same corner dings as front/rear cover otherwise nice…
Module Booklet: Crimped at top middle (entire module?); Foxing along the open edge (right side if looking at front) from top to bottom; All four corners dinged/rounded to varying degrees; spine creases (harder to see than on cover, but they are strong enough to see even in the small picture).

I would give it a grade of Good.

G-2:
Cover:
Light to moderate spine creases, slightly rounded corners at bottom, more rounded/dinged at top (especially middle top), 1/4th of the cover (at bottom) shows moderate color loss.
Rear cover- close to middle of cover at the top: Crimped upper left corner (bent back) some color loss at bottom.
Inside Cover: Same corner dings as front/rear cover, otherwise nice.
Module Booklet: Slight spine creases, rounded corners at right edge (open side), top and bottom center dings.

I would give it a grade of Fine +.

G-3:
Cover:
Front-Spine creases are moderate; moderate color loss along the edge at bottom, left side and top.
Both top corners are dinged/rounded with the inside top corner being bent back, and that this damage goes through entire module (About 1-1/2")
Rear-Nice color still, bent back corner (top right about 1-1/2"), top left corner slightly rounded.
Inside cover-Nice color still. Plenty of spine creasing, and this shot confirms that bent back top is throughout entire module.
Module Booklet: Spine creases; Bent top left corner (about 1-1/2") and the bend looks like it goes through the entire booklet.

I would give it a grade of Good to Very Good (leaning to just good, due to the 1-1/2" bend throughout)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Mon May 17, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:22 pm 

G1 - VG
G2 - VF
G3 - FN

I would have given the G3 module a better rating, but for the sun/light damage at the bottom of the cover.

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:54 pm 

I'd put G1 at VG and the others at FN.

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:23 pm 

Cheers for your input everyone, I really appreciate your advice & help. Ill post a message in the classifieds when they go online.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:42 pm 

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I would generally concur with the others:

G1 - Very Good+ to Fine
G2 - Fine+ to Very Fine
G3 - Very Good to Fine-

Thanks for sharing the photos.  They are a tremendous help in determining condition - more than provided in most auctions. :)

Good luck with the sale.

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.