PanzerBlitz!
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:28 pm 

Just found this in my local GoodWill for $10. First gaming material I have seen in there ever.

The contents are absolutely pristine. No punched counters. They're all there. Die present. 3 Mapboards plus 4 board clips. Tray. Scenarios all still in the pad. Rulebook and campaign analysis book present. Still has the AH card for getting their product list.

The quality goes drastically downhill from there. The box is likely VG. Still very sturdy, but a fair amount of rubbing, a few tears and wear, with one torn corner.

The slipcase is pretty much trashed. In fact, it's in two pieces (front/back). Don't quite know how they managed that.

A real odd set, very poor on the outside, but with perfect contents. Must've been moved about quite a bit.

Aside from the obvious valuation, does anyone know how to distinguish the 1970 from the 1971 revise? The books have a copyright of 1970, but that doesn't always mean the year of print for later copies.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:26 pm 

I sold my unpunched copy a couple months ago for $10 along with a bunch of other AH games.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:39 pm 

I think this is being re-released.  May want to hold on to it a few months

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:17 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:I think this is being re-released.  May want to hold on to it a few months

Yeah, I saw Multi-man Publishing bought the title out in 2005, and released an expansion or new version (not sure which) in 2009.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:20 am 

The most important thing about PanzerBlitz is that it is a fantastic game. One of the grand-daddies of old school board games.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:45 pm 

bbarsh wrote:The most important thing about PanzerBlitz is that it is a fantastic game. One of the grand-daddies of old school board games.

I agree, I must have played it hundreds of times.  I have three copies all beat to crap from use :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!