Value for Fantasy Gamer 1st Issue with extra features
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:44 am 

Got really lucky and found a Premier Issue of Fantasy Gamer Magazine in a lot of Items I picked up yesterday.
The magazine is Very Close to MINT.
Not only is it in Near Mint condition, but it also has the original Protective Mailing Cover (intact) and that too is in very good condition, though the area at the staples is rough (not rust, but starting to seperate).

This magazine includes a typical Steve Jackson Magazine board game (Slasher Flick) with Counter sheet still attached and uncut.
The game comprises 11 total pages of rules and character protraits with stats (Page count includes the Two Page Board).

Last but not least...
Please see last scan for where (who) it was mailed to...  
I am fairly sure this magazine once belonged to Robert Bledsaw as I have another magazine (Discover Magazine) from that lot.
The Mailer on that one has his name and I have other reasons to feel certain of the ownership history as well.

ImageImage

Here is the Discover Magazine with the Robert Bledsaw Mailing Label.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Mon May 10, 2010 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:09 pm 

I'd take a guess and say $20.  $5 for the magazine and $15 for the Judges Guild label.

EDIT: actually I changed my mind.  I'd guess $5 magazine + $5 mailing cover + $15 for the Judges Guild label so $25.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:46 am 

Ah, so that is where Slasher Flick is from. OK.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.