A PDF of Mini Adventures in City State-Pegasus Magazine
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:49 am 

I have a PDF of a booklet that is related to the City State of the Invincible Overlord.
Contains 4 mini-adventures situated in and around the City State.
The Article was first published in Issue 7 of Pegasus Magazine Pages 33-62.
The article's Mini-Adventures all include a detailed back story, maps and room descriptions along with several sketches.
The PDF was offered through Necromancers Judges Guild Web Site for a long time, but the sites links are (Mostly) no longer working.
If you want the PDF send me a PM, or say so here.
Free..... of course.

(See scan below of cover sheet)

"City State Campaign Installment - 4 Mini-Adventures"
Copyright 1982 by Judges Guild

Aelel's Tutoring Service: by Charles Farnum
Starting Players with 1st level PCs.
This is a program set up by a 10th LVL FTR/5th LVL Mage, wherein he trains low Level PCs for further advancement (usually one PC at a time  for starters).
He does this as a way to utilise trusted PCs for missions he gives them later on under contract.
Aelel states to the PCs that he can help him/her to advance up to LVL 6 for a small fee of only 1000 GP.
They would have to join his group of adventurers and if they agree to join the group they must first pass a Test of his design.
PCs must go through a dungeon and not only survive, but (Hopefully) do so without killing Aelel's dungeon monsters.
They are expensive to replace…
Aelel is located in a one-room house on Water-Rat Road in the City State of the Invincible Overlord.
16 rooms mapped out.
Low-level monsters with a few simple traps and some low level puzzles.

The Tower of Mabeleck: by Bill Prouty
Levels 3-6 experienced player's (Novice Player's would have a tough time in this one)
The Ruined Tower of "Mabeleck the Mad" has been abandoned for 150 years.
Supposedly the Mad Mage died in a huge fireball that went out of control, or perhaps the Evil he served finally destroyed him.
A legend speaks of a rare gem that lies within the bowels of the tower and other stories state the gem is cursed, as is the Tower.
3 Levels with monsters (Mostly well trained Orcs) and traps.
There is a curse on the gem and a strange puzzle at the end will remove the curse if done correctly.

Kthenta's Dark Repose: by Conrad Heiney
Ghastly adventure for PCs of Level 4 through 10 (Depending on how many PCs).
Party is met by an Elf (A human in a bad disguise: The Judge is cautioned to allow NO Elves on the party, as they would surely see through it).
He tries to convinced  them to come with him to retrieve a large treasure horde from a hidden complex inside a huge tree.
Lord Kthenta was a Dark Elf Lord who was known to be aligned with Demon Lords.
Long story short, The Dark Elf Lord was involved in a small war with another Evil group (Orc's) and The Dark Elf Lord's side eventually lost and the tree complex is The Dark Elf Lord's burial chamber/tomb... more or less... and his treasure was buried with him.
The group goes into a HUGE (85' Diameter) petrified Oak Tree that is the entrance to a large underground complex.
Three levels approximately 14 separate rooms.
A couple of traps a few undead (Skeletons) and several Random encounters, that are either huge mosquitoes, or one Large Lizard (If not killed earlier).
Next to last encounter is the Spectre of Lord Kthenta and the Last encounter is a Minor Demon (Summoned by the Spectre of Lord Kthenta).

The Pyramid of Suberus: by Gregg Woodcock and Christopher Weaver
For five mixed class PCs of 4-5th Levels. (1-Cleric/1-Mage/the rest Ftrs, perhaps one Thief).
This Desert setting Pyramid Dungeon crawl with four levels that include minor and medium level undead (including some level 3 skeletons), a small dragon (4 HD) several deadly traps, puzzles and a greater undead critter (6 HD; The Death King) at the end.
This is a timed dungeon crawl and timing is critical to the adventures conclusion.
The party enters at Midnight….
The Players description allows the players to (perhaps) think the last encounter is with a Lich and the undead creature has two spell like abilities that might even encourage this line of thinking (Cold Ray and Doubt), but The Death King is not a Lich.
Once the Death King is destroyed he takes it all with him; Meaning the pyramid is completely destroyed within 30 seconds after its demise.
There is a teleportation doorway inside that last room and the PCs must leave quickly or die inside the falling pyramid.
They can each grab some treasure on the way out, but only so much and they must do so fast.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:59 am 

I would like to take a look.
Thanks!

[email protected]

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:40 pm 

Yes please! You've got my email  :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:05 pm 

E-Mails sent.
Enjoy guys... 8)

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:11 pm 

:thumright:

Cheers Gnat!

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:00 pm 

I espescially enjoyed running The Pyramid of Suberus.  I used it as a follow-up to the TSR I series modules, placing them all in the Wilderlands' Desert Lands (off map to the far West).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:09 pm 

Was this one of the downloads originally available on the old JG website?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:17 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Was this one of the downloads originally available on the old JG website?

Yes ...  well the Necromancers JG Site anyway.
But the link is not longer valid.
I downloaded them a long time ago and have had them stored since then.
Just recently read this one and found it very useful and thought to share it here.

BTW: In case folks are not aware, each Pegasus Magazine included around 30-36 pages of adventures in every issue that were dedicated to the City State and the Wilderlands setting.

And that same web site had all of those CSIO/Wilderlands sections scanned and made into PDF Files.
They were all offered as free downloads.
I have them all.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:31 pm 

The links to the Necromancer JG site still work. I downloaded everything from that site earlier this week, including the Pegasus installments.

http://www.necromancergames.com/judgesg ... s.html#peg

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:41 pm 

Phaedran wrote:The links to the Necromancer JG site still work. I downloaded everything from that site earlier this week, including the Pegasus installments.

http://www.necromancergames.com/judgesg ... s.html#peg

Excellent.
Thanks for posting the link.
Go get them folks.