Adventure Games Publishing is Closed
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:28 am 

beasterbrook wrote:Adventure Games Journal Monthly Chronicle 1-3? (More?)

What's this? I don't remember this one. Was it a special for subscribers? Piccie?
There's also a Southern Reaches Judges and Players Maps I think?
And some early GenCon stuff?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:28 pm 

http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspo ... 0Chronicle

4 issues I think

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:08 pm 

Are any AGP subscribers still waiting for Campaign Installment #2 to be mailed out?  I received an email from James back in January to the effect that Installment #2 would be mailed out to subscribers starting sometime in February but I've not received it yet, and replies to that original email go unanswered.  So far as I know Shane received his has mentioned in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=9676

At this point all I want to know is if these all went out, or are they going out a few at a time in order of subscriber number and we'll get them eventually.  Also was everything destroyed or can subscribers still get some stock in lieu of any cash balances?

Cheers!

Who says my inspiration was D&D?  That was just a background phenomenon.
                                          -- Ken St. Andre

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:13 pm 

I'm in the same boat.  Got an email and have heard nothing since until I read about the closing.  I'm guessing I'm getting nothing, but that's the chance I took.

"Do I have an opening bid for this shrewish copy of Tegel Manor?" -Frank M

Mark Jaeger

ICQ YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:10 pm 

I believe James will send these out when he has the money to print them up, ship, etc.  He's gotten a job (or soon to) as a census um door to door person.  What ever those people are called that go to the houses that did not return their census.  I'll try and email him later today or tomorrow and have him respond to this thread.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:31 pm 

Thanks Shane!  I vaguely recall resources were tight and they were to be printed a bit at a time ...I was just getting worried that I might have missed the boat with the AGP close when I didn't get a response.

Cheers!

Who says my inspiration was D&D?  That was just a background phenomenon.
                                          -- Ken St. Andre

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:25 pm 

Plaag wrote:I believe James will send these out when he has the money to print them up, ship, etc.  He's gotten a job (or soon to) as a census um door to door person.  What ever those people are called that go to the houses that did not return their census.  I'll try and email him later today or tomorrow and have him respond to this thread.

ShaneG.

It's good to hear that someone here on the forum at least is coming to their census. :D

Ok, I know that was bad :roll:

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:42 am 

I am still waiting too.  I put up a year's subscription in advance.  I hope to see a refund one day since product will now not be delivered on even a greatly extended timeline.  I had hoped that buying Jame's PDF only product it would provide him with funds to ship the material owed.  Guess not.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:40 am 

sad news all round.
:(

Shanghai fun & friends!

JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:36 am 

Yes me too full year in advance only got the 1st mailing with map.

Had written it off to be honest....

David

I GOT A 4!!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:05 pm 

Hey all,

Sorry for no reply earlier. I've been taking the whole month of April off from anything AGP related, which includes pretty much all gaming forums... thanks to Plaag for letting me know about your questions!

As to subscriptions, as I stated on the AGP blog, remaining subscriptions will be honored in the following fashion:

First, all those who have not yet recieved Campaign Installment #2 will get that mailed to them as my finances permit; then, after all remaining copies of CI#2 have been shipped, remaining subscription balances will be refunded in subscriber number order, again, as finances permit.

And as I said there, it might take some time. After two and a half years of trying to make AGP work financially (and failing miserably), and after six months of my wife being unemployed (and still remaining unemployed), my finances are in a shambles. As mentioned elsewhere, I finally have a job, working for the Census, but it is a limited-time position, obviously (no more than eight weeks).

If I'm lucky, I'll be able to use funds from that job to print and ship out all the remaining copies of CI#2. After that, the rate of refunds will depend on the job(s) I am able to get after the Census runs out.

Every subscriber WILL get a refund. It WILL take time.

Some subscribers have written requesting that their remaining subscription balance be taken in booklet form. Right now, that is not possible, as I have turned over the copyrights on all my products to either Judges Guild or Troll Lord Games. However, enough subscribers have requested this that I am considering asking them to allow me to make these limited runs.

However, if I do, the booklets will have to be taken out of remaining subscription funds on a cash basis (based on the MSRPs the booklets would have had starting March 1st, had I continued with AGP), rather than a subscriber-page-credit basis that was in effect before I closed the company. At these rates, most 1/2 year subscribers with un-tapped sub value should be able to get one each of most of the books; those with a full year sub with un-tapped sub value should be able to get a full set, with several extra copies. But I don't know yet exactly, as I haven't tallied the full values at the new MSRPs... and again, this is all predicated on getting permission from Judges Guild and Troll Lord Games (not that I anticipate any difficulties there).

So... one way or another, sooner or later, all subscribers WILL get CI#2 and (definitely later than sooner) WILL get their subscription balances either refunded in CASH or, possibly, in product.

I hope that helps to somewhat alleviate your concerns.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:10 pm 

Hiya James! Good to hear from you and with regards to that employment, albeit temporary. :/

I hadn't posted/contacted here as your need for a post-AGP break & job hunting was obvious but if you could drop me a reply to that email sometime re. possible sale of the books on hand here to help with the remaining product and winding up funds. I'd already taken scans and typed up the layout, so was just awaiting the thumbs-up or otherwise from yourself.

Regards,
David.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:19 am 

jamesmishler wrote:Some subscribers have written requesting that their remaining subscription balance be taken in booklet form. Right now, that is not possible, as I have turned over the copyrights on all my products to either Judges Guild or Troll Lord Games. However, enough subscribers have requested this that I am considering asking them to allow me to make these limited runs.

However, if I do, the booklets will have to be taken out of remaining subscription funds on a cash basis (based on the MSRPs the booklets would have had starting March 1st, had I continued with AGP), rather than a subscriber-page-credit basis that was in effect before I closed the company. At these rates, most 1/2 year subscribers with un-tapped sub value should be able to get one each of most of the books; those with a full year sub with un-tapped sub value should be able to get a full set, with several extra copies. But I don't know yet exactly, as I haven't tallied the full values at the new MSRPs... and again, this is all predicated on getting permission from Judges Guild and Troll Lord Games (not that I anticipate any difficulties there).

James - please make a post letting us know if this option will be available.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:28 pm 

Okay, here's the final deal... I now have permission from both Judges Guild and Troll Lord Games to compensate subscribers for their remaining balance with booklets (and other remaining stock).

First, I will finish sending all copies of Campaign Installment #2 to all subscribers.

Only then, after all copies of CI#2 have gone out, I will start sending out refunds and/or booklets to finish out the subscriber balance.

I will make sure to check with each and every subscriber to see what he or she wants to do as the option for their final compensation.

Booklet compensation will be on a cash MSRP basis (based on the prices the booklets were to have on March 1st, 2010, after the scheduled price increase), not on a subscriber-page credit basis. Thus, each booklet will cost the following in remaining subscriber funds:

Guide to the World of the Wilderlands (AGP00104) $8.50
Barbarians of the Wilderlands 1 (AGP00251) $8.00
Aendryth's Eldritch Compendium (AGP00253) $6.00
Sorcerers of the Wilderlands (AGP00301) $6.50
Warrior Mages of the Wilderlands (AGP00302) $5.50
Faiths of the City State: Forn Sidthr (AGP00303) $6.00
Curses & More Curses (AGP00653) $8.50
100 Encounters & Treasures -- Level 1 (AGP00676) $6.50
Campaign Map 18: Southern Reaches (AGP01251) $5.00
Skills, Feats, and Languages of the Wilderlands (AGP05004) $8.00
Player's Guide #1: Tharbrian Horse-Lords (AGP05501) $8.00
Monstrous Menaces Compendium 1-5 (AGP06101) $12.00
100 Street Vendors of the City State (AGP06201) $12.00
Additional Copies of AGJ Monthly Chronicle... $1 each

I also have limited quantities of XXXI (AGP00102, $10) and the 2008 Wilderlands Jam (AGP00106, $12) remaining, which can be used toward subscriber balance. I do not have any copies left of AGJ #1, M&TW#1, nor of the Rhadamanthia Continental Map (all copies of which remaining to be used in CI#2)

Note that you are not charged anything for shipping, as that was already figured in the cost of the subscription.

You will be able to choose any of the above (again, predicated on limited quantities of XXXI and the 2008 Jam) in any combination for your refund; you could choose all different booklets, or multiple copies of of one booklet, such that the cash total is no greater than your remaining subscriber fund. Remaining funds after all booklets have been chosen will be refunded in check form in the same shipment with the booklets.

You should know what the cash value of your balance is from the e-mail I sent out before I started sending out Campaign Installment #2. If you do not remember it, you will be reminded of your total when I contact you when your turn for your refund comes up.

If you have any questions about this, you can contact me at jamesagp1 at gmail dot com.

Please do NOT send your refund order until I contact you and let you know that it is your turn in the refund queue.

Also, I should note here that if you are not a subscriber, please do NOT order anything from AGP. We are not re-opening sales to the general public in any way, shape, or form! If you are not a subscriber and you must get one of these print copies, I'm sure you can ask around on the boards for anyone who picked up a few extras and might be willing to sell them. Of course, all our products are still available in their PDF formats through Judges Guild and Troll Lord Games.

Thank you once again to all our subscribers for their amazing patience!

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:28 pm 

Has anyone actually received their City State Installment #2?  How about a refund or option to purchase the Judges Guild and Troll Lord Games print books from any credit owed?

JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:49 am 

No...still hoping 'though
:?

I GOT A 4!!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:20 am 

I have received Installment #2.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:52 pm 

dont think i received anything other than the first instalment thing and havent received any e-mails about refunds or anything.

tsk

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext