Old JG Maps:: The Wilderlands ALL 18 maps on one sheet!
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:35 am 

I am sure that Most hard core Judges Guild Fans (collectors) already knew this, but this is Something I just figured out (quite by accident).

Regarding the Tarantis Campaign Wilderlands maps I talked about in my other recent thread.

Those Tarantis Campaign Widlerlands Maps are not showing Tarantis alone.
The two Maps I described in that other thread actually show/include the entire areas for ALL 18 Judges Guild Wilderlands Maps.

On the left is an overall map with named places in B&W as provided on a JG Fan web site. The image is a map Key for the 18 Maps included in the "Wilderlands of High Fantasy" Box Set by Sword and Socery.

On the right is a picture of my copy of the so-called "Tarantis Wilderlands Map" (The map is double sided; pictured is the side with no Hex Grid and no border, the other side is the same map with a Hex Grid and border)
BOTH images show all of the areas covered by the 18 individual Judges Guild Wilderlands Maps.

ImageImage

OK so perhaps none of you are as interested in my little discovery. :roll:

BUT I AM STOKED! ! :D

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:05 am 

I have Tarantis, as well. And I thought the big world map just came with all the CS of (IO/WE/T)...

If my wife would let me, I'd put it up on the wall. :)

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:16 am 

Thork N Hammer, Esquire wrote:I have Tarantis, as well. And I thought the big world map just came with all the CS of (IO/WE/T)...

If my wife would let me, I'd put it up on the wall. :)

As far as I know that map and the other Map only were included in the Tarantis Campaign set.
The other map is the Players copy with Blank Hex on one side and less detailed Wilderlands Map (with Hexes) than the Judges Wilderlands Map on the other.

I have at least one copy of the other City State and Wilderlands Sets:
City State of the World Emperor
City State of the Invincible Overlord
Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches
Wilderlands of High Fantasy
Wilderlands of the Magic Realm
The Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde

And none of those sets include those two maps.

That said, I do NOT have Tarantis....  :(
Just the two maps that came with that set.
I obtained the maps from a large Lot of Judges Guild items.

Since becoming my more active in my Judges Guild study and collecting (This past year) I have been learned that most of the Fantasy Adventures that JG published were located inside the Wilderlands setting and although some items (Such as the City State Campaign Maps) were included/duplicated in more than one different campaign/Wilderlands set, most were not.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:37 am 

The map on the left is from the Necromancer Games Wildelands of High Fantasy boxed set. The map on the right is from Judges Guild Tarantis, and as far as we know, it was the only product that contained the miniaturized map. As I recall, there is a slight misalignment on the placing of the map sections together, and the whole map is printed at half or quarter scale. It wasn't available seperately, although the NG Poster Map was available for download free from the NG website.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.