Spellbook Games is now Open; Inferno Products Coming Soon!
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:15 pm 

I am very pleased to announce that Spellbook Games is now open for business, ready to supply a variety of interesting and useful aids for the classic games-master, and memorable encounters from a single dungeon room up to a mini-campaign.  All of our products are high-quality PDF's with art, maps, and graphics of a quality that exceeds those of many other publishers.  Our products are usable at the game table and are designed with the printer in mind.  We have several outstanding encounters and useful game aids on sale now at very reasonable prices -- you can also see our quality by downloading our FREE products, or looking at our Art Page.  Please visit our website at www.spellbookgames.com and look around, get to know us, and come back often.  We will be periodically releasing new titles in our Dungeon Shorts line, and adding new material to our Freebies page.

Our Gehenna line updates, expands, and completes the classic Judges Guildâ„¢ module, Inferno.  Our first product in this line is coming soon, Inferno Maladies.  The next few months will see the release of some huge expansion products, Inferno Bestiary and Inferno Treasury (both in July), Inferno 1980 (yes, we're making the original module available again), Inferno: Journey through Malebolge (October, this is the big update and expansion that completes the original), followed by Inferno: Samael's Tower.  And we aren't stopping there...three more Inferno products are coming in 2011, and we are already planning for more after that.

We are looking forward to seeing you at our website.

Geoff   :twisted:

Last edited by Geoff Dale on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:05 pm 

Geoff,
Take the (,) COMMA out of your link text.
Links will not work with them in there.

Try this instead.

http://www.spellbookgames.com/

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:19 pm 

Thanks, I did the edit, and the link works now.

Geoff

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:00 am 

Shall have to download the freebies, but can't wait till Inferno begins to appear.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:24 am 

I'm looking forward to the release of your main product.

Online sales do not work!

The download system and automated PayPal payment doesn't seem to work. You pay. It tells you you need to log in to download a purchase, and that you'll be e-mailed a password to access your downloads, but so far no e-mail.

You need to find a way of getting PDFs to customers immediately after they've paid, because that's how the rest of the online sales industry works. It marks you out as less professional if you can't process payment and allow the customer to download the purchase without having to wait for a Webmaster to process the purchase manually.

Maybe you should be looking at getting RPGNow to process your PDF business. They have a proven track record, and established customer base, and you can't ever compete with them. So you might as well use their customer base to line your pockets.

Can you post a message on this site when you have fixed your system and e-mail buyers their products?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:29 am 

mbassoc -We regret that your had problems with the download.  We have forwarded your files directly to your email account.

Because of your post we identified one link that needed to be updated and that has been done  We have validated the freebie downloads all work and that the download links are working.  Please be aware that the system generates two emails, one from Paypal and one from the Download system - the second one has the download link (this could go to your spam folder).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:25 pm 

Thanks Geoff,

E-mail received with attachments, but Arcane Library is corrupted and only 1KB long. Could you resend the attachment.

Of the others, and for those who are interested, Troll Bridge looks like it might be fun, looking forward to reading it through. Worth the $2 without a doubt.

Look forward to receiving and reading Arcane Library.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:34 am 

We have just posted the cover art for Inferno: Beastiary, and Inferno: Treasury on our website, www.spellbookgames.com , go to the updates page to see them.  These products, along with Codicil of Maladies, are the first new Inferno-related products to be published since 1980.  Beastiary and Treasury will be available as PDF's in July, and probably as POD's in August.  Maladies, Beastiary, and Treasury all provide supporting information and details for Inferno: Journey through Malebolge, to be published in September. Journey through Malebolge expands and completes the original JG module, Inferno, taking the adventurer through all 10 Cirlces of Hell, and beyond.

After you take a look at the covers, please stop by our forums (link from the updates page) and let us know what you think of them.

Speaking of the JG Inferno, we have an artist working hard on the cover for 'Inferno 1980', the rerelease of the original module.  We will post the cover in a couple weeks after we get it.  Look for Inferno 1980 to be released as a PDF in June, and as POD in late July or early August.