New Judges Guild Products! (Currently in Progress)
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:28 pm 

Thanks for all the info and letting us all know.

I had read the post which had been made years ago about Necromancer's plan to release other JG material, then the bit about not releasing them some years later. But seeing all the recent discussion on the Necromancer web forum for JG products, I thought somehow they were involved again.

Very exciting about the releases you guys are working on, and I'm looking forward to picking them up :)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:28 pm 

Sounds good.  Shall be checking in on the website for updates on the other products.  You might want to check with James to see what printer service he used to maybe increase your profits instead of having lulu handle it.  Though that's only if you can have someone with the time to do that.

Now will have to wait for some good lulu coupons :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:08 pm 

Lost Man's Trail is now available in print via Lulu for $16.

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/lost-mans-trail/13501721

You can purchase PDF copies of the print version from Lulu for $8.  :D

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:31 pm 

I just put in my order, thanks!

Lulu has a couple discount codes right now, too.

leaf305 took off I think 15% (an additional $2.40)
harvest takes off 10%
obviously you have to use one or the other. I think the last time I posted a code, someone for some reason couldn't use that particular one so hopefully one of these will work out for you guys...

Looking forward to reading it :D

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:23 pm 

misterspock wrote:I just put in my order, thanks!

Me too.  I have already been perusing my PDF.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:02 pm 

After perusing my hardcopy over the weekend ... just a couple of personal observations:

Layout ...

The main section of module text would have looked better to me in a two column format than the way it is presented.  This is just my personal taste, but if there are to be larger modules coming, then they would definitely benefit from two column layout unless it is the intent to maximize white space to boost profits.  The layout of the Universal Format section appeared to be relatively good, tho' I imagine it will vary slightly from product to product.

Maps ...

This is also not an error. We only marked new locations on the 5-mile hex maps that are relevant to the module. Modron, Brushwood, Sunlitten, et cetera are all marked on the Campaign Scale map.

Again, personal MAJOR NITPICK ... when running a module I expect complete maps so I don't have to spend time flipping back and forth between multiple products should the player characters decide to do something unexpected.  Tho' probably the best case I can think of for complete maps would be _Threat in the North_ from Pegasus #8 ... since this was to have been an installment for an unreleased issue of Pegasus.

I suppose my other nitpick on this point would be ... If someone who is a relative newbie to the Wilderlands setting purchases this product ... will they perceive it as incomplete product and decide not to purchase anything else based upon initial impressions or will they want to investigate further?

Steve

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:31 pm 

WereSteve wrote:Layout ...

The main section of module text would have looked better to me in a two column format than the way it is presented.  

I personally agree with this. In fact, I put a pretty good amount of effort into turning this into a two column format, but by the time it was in my hands for editing too much stuff was added. Word is extremely user un-friendly when it comes to completely changing layouts, so we decided to leave it. All future modules will be two columned format from the beginning to avoid that.

Maps ...

This is also not an error. We only marked new locations on the 5-mile hex maps that are relevant to the module. Modron, Brushwood, Sunlitten, et cetera are all marked on the Campaign Scale map.

After talking this through with my father, I went ahead and brushed up all of the maps and added Modron to the Map for the Roglaroon Hex 3615 (I think, I'm at work right now so I don't have it in front of me). I believe this change was done before it was available on lulu. If not, I'll include a free Map Errata Download on the site once I'm home and it will be available for free at RPG Now as well. This should have been in all printed versions after Nov 1st or 3rd. I'll figure out when this change was made.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:58 am 

The new maps were created around 11:00 PM CST on November 1st. I don't know when exactly you had purchased your hard copy but if it was prior to 11 PM, then you probably have the older maps. Either way, the map errata is available at

http://judgesguild.org/downloads

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:23 pm 

I checked my copy, and it does include the updated maps, but I am sure the link you provided will prove useful to those who purchased an early copy of the module.

As for MS Word ... I agree that it is very unfriendly for some functions, especially 2007 and newer.

Thank you for your continued efforts ...

Steve

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:54 pm 

Use coupon code STOCKING305 at checkout and receive 15% off Lost Man's Trail. Maximum savings with this promotion is $10. You can only use the code once per account, and you can't use this coupon in combination with other coupon codes. This great offer ends on December 15, 2010 at 11:59 PM EST so try not to procrastinate!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:45 am 

I got my updated copy of Lost Man's Road (with Modron on the maps this time) from Lulu this week, along with a copy of G8 Manor of the Mountain Giant King by our own R.C. Pinnell.

I like Lost Man's Road.  Aside from a glossy, perfect bound cover, its Judges Guild linneage is clear.  

It would be great if the New Judges Guild could find a way to work with Kevin Seimbieda.  Examples of his artwork would make the vintage feel complete.

There is a distinctive Bledsaw approach to NPC names.  Consider Druke Everwist, Sethwick Boon and Merron the Bearded.  I also chuckled at Jutlow Coogie, Woot Deppel and Dandy Applecore.  This is as much the Bledsaw style as names like Vrool Hroop are Gygaxian.

The back cover is a bit funny.  There is a Frazetta-like drawing of a mostly-naked girl poking her butt at you....and then you notice that the main subjects of the picture are actually a man wearing a crown and loincloth (sitting on sort of a stump-like toilet...or a toilet-like stump - honestly, that's what it really looks like), talking to a hippogriff.

The bent-over naked girl is funny because right above the picture we are told to watch for new Judges Guild releases like Noltec, and Tegal Manor II:  Night of the Living Rumps.  8O

I did not make that up.  :lol:

The entire product's Judges Guild roots are very visible.  It is as much Judges Guild as any of the classic publications, except that the art might be too good.  I'm putting it on the shelf with my other JG items with no qualms.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:43 pm 

I am the author currently writing the new City State of the Sea Kings (CSSK) book for Judges Guild. I was just asked a question by a member of this community as to what the status of that project is and was surprised and delighted to find that this site exists. (I had no idea it did before now.) As I am sure most out there can understand, I am not at liberty to go over a great deal of the details at this point but let me assure you that Bob II and I are working on this project with all due diligence. I can say that we are in the final stages of production at this time and hope that this year will see its release :D. I hope all the Judges Guild fans out there are as eagerly awaiting its arrival as I am. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and, if I am able to give you any of the information you seek, I will be happy to do so. Again please keep in mind, details and specifics are not an option right now. Got to get back to work on things so have a good one all!

Keep smiling. If you can't smile, grin and bare your teeth. It looks the same, and your prepared to bite if necessary.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:54 pm 

Welcome aboard and really glad to hear it.  Bits and pices of information about this project have trickled out for a couple of years.  I am really looking forward to it.  I don't even care what system it is for, I just want the fluff and hold out hope for some good maps.

I am going to cross post this announcement in the Wilderlands section of the Necromancer Games forum.  A lot of Wilderlands fans still visit that site.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:44 pm 

That would have been me asking the question :)  Am glad you have come here to talk about it, or what you can at this point.
Few questions I've been wondering:
How did you come upon this project? Did Bob approach you or the other way around?
How long has this project been in development and was it on and off again through that process?
Who is doing the maps for this?

Thanks,
ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:43 am 

leadjunkie wrote: I just want the fluff and hold out hope for some good maps.

Plaag wrote:Who is doing the maps for this?

I had a hand in with the mapping of the project. I think people are really going to like the overland map that will be part of this. I developed a new color style especially for this project.

Last edited by robertsconley on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:43 am 

JGguyCJB555 wrote:I am the author currently writing the new City State of the Sea Kings (CSSK) book for Judges Guild.

Dang I apologize, I thought I mentioned this place to you at some point. Well better late than never.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:53 pm 

robertsconley wrote:
I had a hand in with the mapping of the project. I think people are really going to like the overland map that will be part of this. I developed a new color style especially for this project.

Nice to see you are the one involved for the maps. :D

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:18 pm 

robertsconley wrote:

I was hoping this would be the case.  I'm guessing the over land map is along the lines of your "Harn" style maps.  Did you do a map for the City of Tula as well?

PreviousNext