New Judges Guild Products! (Currently in Progress)
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:38 am 

Plaag wrote:Well I've been given the PDF for free from Bob, which was a surprise, but I'll still be buying the paper product.
Quick skim through this: First it is a 43 pg PDF, about 32 pages of adventure, some pages covering Universal format, 4 pages of campaign hexes mapped, page of post script and an ad for Tegel Manor II.  Looks like a Judges Guild product: art style and maps haven't changed which I think is a good thing.

ShaneG.

Sounds promising, but not something I'd pay $14 for only to find I could have hardcopy at the same or cheaper price in a few months. We all know they won't be able to shift these ar $14 hardcopy, so pricing the PDF so highly is just the publisher trying to screw the fans as much as they can before they price the product for the general gameplayer.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:01 pm 

One question I have:

Did Bledsaw give up gaming in between the first demise of Judges Guild and its reincarnation?

Did Bledsaw start gaming again after Judges Guild re-appeared?

I find it hard to believe that his only creation in a 20 year span was one module.  Creating is what a DM does.  All of the kings of the Golden Age slowed down in their personal gaming when they went professional but they kept on with campaigns even if they met only once a month or less.

The guy who created the map for the City State of the Invicible Overlord does not seem likely to have just stopped making things.

Was this possibly the only formal module Bledsaw wrote up?

Or, did he get out of gaming and stop creating altogther?

There must be a Tolkien-esque body of Bledsaw work lying about in unpublished form.  There has to be.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:09 pm 

Fact is, I'm pretty much going to buy this publication as long as I can possibly reach the price.

A new Judges Guild item is great and the final work by Bob Bledsaw is cool as all get out.    8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:14 am 

Just my 2c, but I'd say over $6 for a .pdf of this size is heavy. But $14 for a hardcopy of the final JG item is fair.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:39 am 

Bob Bledsaw III made a post on the Necromancer boards that he has listened and lowered the PDF price to $8.00.

http://necromancergames.yuku.com/topic/11834

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:01 am 

leadjunkie wrote:Bob Bledsaw III made a post on the Necromancer boards that he has listened and lowered the PDF price to $8.00.

http://necromancergames.yuku.com/topic/11834

Sales must have been pretty slow.  I will wait for the printed book though :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:23 am 

I have down loaded it.  It looks interesting.  JG fanboy that I am, it does not take much to satisfy me.

For those familiar with the Wilderness series of JG books (Mines of Custalcon, Pirates of Hagrost, etc.), this adventure maps out four 5-miles hexes in the grand tactical scale of that series.  Curiously the campaign hex that contains the city of Modron, doesn't actually show Modron on it.  :o

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:39 am 

FormCritic wrote:
I think the correct price would be $8.

Based on above, that's a good call.  8)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:54 am 

leadjunkie wrote:Curiously the campaign hex that contains the city of Modron, doesn't actually show Modron on it.  :o

Really!
That's a bit of an awkward error?
Wonder if the numbering mistake in the sample file is also in the main book?
ATM I'll hold out for a corrected PDF. Presumably if the product were to go to print, the source files would get proofread and the errors corrected. Hopefully if that happened they'd do the decent thing and publich a corrected PDF.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:46 am 

Hello guys,

I'd just like to take a few minutes and explain some of the perceived "errors" with regard to LMT.

misterspock wrote:
Maybe they should change the product info listed? In the first section it mentions it's 24pgs of module adventure and then on the lower part of the page it shows it's only 32 pgs in total length.

The description of the products states:

Lost Man's Trail Description wrote:
This adventure module runs some 24 pages, with 12 maps covering the areas of encounters, in addition to detailed Campaign Maps for Wilderlands Hexes 3615, 3715, 3815 and 3914 of the Roglaroon and Gasconfold Plains Regions, between Modron and Tegel.

The 24 page figure is how many pages there are of strict text/stat blocks for the module; this figure does not include maps, chart, or art, but the RPG Now Edition does span larger than that as indicated by the Table of Contents.

mbassoc2003 wrote:
My first 30 second view shows the first two keyed encounters numbered 'X'. Haven't gone into the body of the text yet, but the number flaw is disconserting. Is it meant to be this way, or is it a numbering error? Is the actual product numbered like this?

The "X" is not meant to be a number, just a mark. The first being on the Campaign Map Scale marking the Moorshead Stannary and the second on the 5 mile tactical map scale marking the location of Edward the Stanner's residence within the Moorshead Stannary Hex. Sorry about the confusion, but we tried to alter as little of the manuscript as possible.

mbassoc2003 wrote:
leadjunkie wrote:Curiously the campaign hex that contains the city of Modron, doesn't actually show Modron on it. :o

Really!
That's a bit of an awkward error?
Wonder if the numbering mistake in the sample file is also in the main book?
ATM I'll hold out for a corrected PDF. Presumably if the product were to go to print, the source files would get proofread and the errors corrected. Hopefully if that happened they'd do the decent thing and publich a corrected PDF.

This is also not an error. We only marked new locations on the 5-mile hex maps that are relevant to the module. Modron, Brushwood, Sunlitten, et cetera are all marked on the Campaign Scale map.

These are great questions  :D

If you guys have more, please ask!

Bob III

Last edited by rbledsaw3 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:09 am 

Great to see you here Bob III.  Always good to see Judges Guild come back into the RPG scene with new products.

Some questions in general:
Are you taking a more active role in Judges Guild, i.e. spokesperson, webmaster, etc that people should direct their questions to? I've talked with your father in the past, so just wondering if you'll be a more direct link to the happenings of Judges Guild.

What's new on the horizon?  Any new products or release dates?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:38 am 

Will the printed book be sold through Necromancer or through another site? Also, as Plaag mentioned, any news on a revised Tegel Manor or Tegel Manor II (I'm not sure if these are one and the same) and a release date?

Thanks!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:19 pm 

Plaag wrote:Great to see you here Bob III.  Always good to see Judges Guild come back into the RPG scene with new products.

Some questions in general:
Are you taking a more active role in Judges Guild, i.e. spokesperson, webmaster, etc that people should direct their questions to? I've talked with your father in the past, so just wondering if you'll be a more direct link to the happenings of Judges Guild.

What's new on the horizon?  Any new products or release dates?

ShaneG.

Thanks, Shane. To answer your first question, I've always been webmaster and a source for people to go to for questions haha. I have been making more time to make due on my commitments for the company. I'm like the Guild's Swiss Army Knife, so sometimes I get bogged down with a lot of commitments and seem inactive. For example, I know the websites seem to be pretty inactive - which I do apologize for; I need to update the user end more frequently - however, I have been spending months compiling and coding the site to have the ability to process PDF purchases and downloads. Throw in the fact that I work 6 days a week and attend college part time (still pursuing that Engineering degree) and you can begin to see how much I have on my plate, haha.

I'm not really designated as a "spokesperson," but I do have the authority and clearance to answer any questions that would be Guild related. My father is still someone to take questions and correspondence. All emails that are sent to the
Code:
[email protected]
address get auto-forwarded to him and I both.

As for new products, Noltec is coming close to completion (hoping end of November, maybe earlier), Tegel Manor II is still being fleshed out by Bob II, and I believe there is another which was based on a small manuscript (yes, Formcritic, we have a lot of bits and pieces my grandfather left behind) my father found of my grandfather's, but still needs a lot of work.

Noltec is a module written by Eric Summerlott (Marc's son) and I. Eric started this around the same time as my grandfather wrote LMT, so they do reference each other. We started working on it together earlier this summer. Noltec is going to be a more full size module with the body being easily twice as large as LMT. With art, charts, etc it would probably run about ~100 pages or so.

misterspock wrote:Will the printed book be sold through Necromancer or through another site? Also, as Plaag mentioned, any news on a revised Tegel Manor or Tegel Manor II (I'm not sure if these are one and the same) and a release date?

Thanks!

Necromancer Games and Judges Guild has severed all ties a few years ago. We are going to make our print versions of products available through Lulu. LMT had to have some cover modifications made, so once we clear the reprint it will be available to be purchased through Lulu.

Tegel Manor II is going to be just as large, if not larger than the prequel. Two editions will be released; one includes a revised Tegel Manor with Tegel Manor II, and the second will be a standalone Tegel Manor II.

Hope this answers your questions :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:28 pm 

*ears perk up at the mention of Tegel Manor*  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O

awesome! look forward to seeing this.

i have ran this 4/5 times the last few years now...all differing versions of it and all fun. will be nice to see a new up-to-date release i can play around with and use :)

thumbs up!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:28 pm 

Thanks for all the info and letting us all know.

I had read the post which had been made years ago about Necromancer's plan to release other JG material, then the bit about not releasing them some years later. But seeing all the recent discussion on the Necromancer web forum for JG products, I thought somehow they were involved again.

Very exciting about the releases you guys are working on, and I'm looking forward to picking them up :)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:28 pm 

Sounds good.  Shall be checking in on the website for updates on the other products.  You might want to check with James to see what printer service he used to maybe increase your profits instead of having lulu handle it.  Though that's only if you can have someone with the time to do that.

Now will have to wait for some good lulu coupons :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:08 pm 

Lost Man's Trail is now available in print via Lulu for $16.

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/lost-mans-trail/13501721

You can purchase PDF copies of the print version from Lulu for $8.  :D

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:31 pm 

I just put in my order, thanks!

Lulu has a couple discount codes right now, too.

leaf305 took off I think 15% (an additional $2.40)
harvest takes off 10%
obviously you have to use one or the other. I think the last time I posted a code, someone for some reason couldn't use that particular one so hopefully one of these will work out for you guys...

Looking forward to reading it :D

PreviousNext