New Judges Guild Products! (Currently in Progress)
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:50 pm 

I am Chris Bernhardt. I live in NJ.

I have been working with Judges Guild, and Bob Senior, since 2000 (and now his son Bob II). I worked on the Players Guide to the Wilderland's, Pegasus 16, and the Wilderland's Box Set; as well as the Sword & Sorcery titles, Eldritch Sorcery and Dead Man's Chest.

CSSK's is my baby, and I have done 95% of all the work on it (manuscript, art, editing, et all), not the least of which is, of course, the layout right now (though a great amount of technical assistance was leant me by Rob Conley in this part of the project too). Currently, the artist Christina Nawrocki, and cartographer Rob Conley, have made significant contributions in their fields to the book, as well.

We cannot go into a lot of other details right now; but, rest assured, we are working on the book will all due diligence.

Keep smiling. If you can't smile, grin and bare your teeth. It looks the same, and your prepared to bite if necessary.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:43 pm 

Looking forward to it.  Now - get back to work.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:39 pm 

Hi, I'm very interested in this product, and in any other official or compatible Wilderlands / City State work. Is there an official site where announcements and news of Judges Guild products may be found? Thanks.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:59 pm 

any news about the Noltec, Tegel 2 and CSSK?
Can't wait to buy them :D

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:51 am 

I want me some City State of the Sea Kings....
Any news?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:43 pm 

Only news I know of about CSotSK is editing is to begin if the process hasn't already.  have not been in contact for sometime know with Judges Guild/Bob, etc.  They seem to exist only through Facebook at this point of updating anything.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:49 pm 

To all the fans out there; CSSK is just about done! The layout is all but finished - a few pages left, mostly to do with all the legal stuff, etc. The cover is essentially set, though there are a few tweaks that need to be arranged. Primary advertising is just around the corner at this juncture; with a hopeful release of GenCon possible. No promises of course...

Keep smiling. If you can't smile, grin and bare your teeth. It looks the same, and your prepared to bite if necessary.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:59 pm 

JGguyCJB555 wrote in New Judges Guild Products! (Currently in Progress):To all the fans out there; CSSK is just about done! The layout is all but finished - a few pages left, mostly to do with all the legal stuff, etc. The cover is essentially set, though there are a few tweaks that need to be arranged. Primary advertising is just around the corner at this juncture; with a hopeful release of GenCon possible. No promises of course...

Take my money... Please!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:40 am 

So who is publishing CSSK and for what format? Congrats if you finally get this out.

Greg

Former JG Designer 1981-2008, Former JG Production Design Manager 1999-2008

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:15 am 

Last I heard it was JG's Universal System.  Can't say that pleases me, but I look forward to it more for the fluff than the crunch.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:46 am 

That was the last I heard also. Thankfully I have a 3.x version. While I wish Chris the best of luck, producing it for Universal will severely limit its usefulness and potential sales. Unfortunately I could never get Clark interested in publishing it. A S&W/Pathfinder release would have reached a much wider audience. Well at least Chris will finally see it in print even if it only sells a few hundred copies.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:34 pm 

brvheart wrote in New Judges Guild Products! (Currently in Progress):That was the last I heard also. Thankfully I have a 3.x version. While I wish Chris the best of luck, producing it for Universal will severely limit its usefulness and potential sales. Unfortunately I could never get Clark interested in publishing it. A S&W/Pathfinder release would have reached a much wider audience. Well at least Chris will finally see it in print even if it only sells a few hundred copies.

I take it that this is Bill Webb? (Hello Bill if so.) As an update and/or clarification, the preview copy you have is only about 60 - 70% of the finished item now - just in case you need an excuse to pick up the final printed work, lol.

Just to clarify, the book is not being released in Universal format. As I have rendered it in 3 different systems now, and could just as easily adapt it to Pathfinder - if that became necessary, we have the required info to put out errata for any of the systems I have files for. How that plays out we will see.

Thanks for the interest.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:05 pm 

JGguyCJB555 wrote in New Judges Guild Products! (Currently in Progress):
brvheart wrote in New Judges Guild Products! (Currently in Progress):That was the last I heard also. Thankfully I have a 3.x version. While I wish Chris the best of luck, producing it for Universal will severely limit its usefulness and potential sales. Unfortunately I could never get Clark interested in publishing it. A S&W/Pathfinder release would have reached a much wider audience. Well at least Chris will finally see it in print even if it only sells a few hundred copies.

I take it that this is Bill Webb? (Hello Bill if so.) As an update and/or clarification, the preview copy you have is only about 60 - 70% of the finished item now - just in case you need an excuse to pick up the final printed work, lol.

Just to clarify, the book is not being released in Universal format. As I have rendered it in 3 different systems now, and could just as easily adapt it to Pathfinder - if that became necessary, we have the required info to put out errata for any of the systems I have files for. How that plays out we will see.

Thanks for the interest.

No Chris, it is Greg Geilman, formerly of Judges Guild. I am curious then, what system are you releasing it for? And not we don't need an excuse, Kara has already decided to pick up a copy when it is released.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:54 pm 

brvheart wrote in New Judges Guild Products! (Currently in Progress):
JGguyCJB555 wrote in New Judges Guild Products! (Currently in Progress):

Thanks for the interest.

No Chris, it is Greg Geilman, formerly of Judges Guild. I am curious then, what system are you releasing it for? And not we don't need an excuse, Kara has already decided to pick up a copy when it is released.

Greg! Long time no hear! How have you and Kara been? Sorry, I forgot you were in the loop way back - it has been such a long while. I will contact you offsite to discuss things further.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:52 am 

Sure, drop me an email. We have been doing good here. Haven't been working on anything since the Goodman project.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:55 pm 

The long awaited day has finally come; "City-State of the Sea Kings" (CSSK) is finished and printed/published!!! Over 12 years in the making, this labor of love has finally made it to the home port!

Bob Sr would be proud; the first new City-State installment in 30 years and it has made quite a splash already. Many loyal JG fans have already secured their copy, and we hope to see many more find new homes with the rest of the gaming community, as well.

Here is the official promo for the book:

Come explore the newest part of the Wilderlands of High Fantasy!

City-State of the Sea Kings (CSSK) is the newest production from Judges Guild. A book 12 years in the making, it is the largest Judges Guild product to date, with 380 pages of all new material and a fold out double-sided map, of both the Isle of the Blest and the City of Rallu itself. Judges Guild created the first world for roleplaying back in 1976, so you can trust them to make a product with REAL adventure in mind.  Lead Author/Game Designer Chris Bernhardt and Robert Bledsaw II of Judges Guild have stayed the course on this project, pursuing the wish of Judges Guild founder Bob Bledsaw I, after his unfortunate passing in April 2008.  CSSK expands the Wilderlands of High Fantasy and opens up the southern environs of the Judges Guild world to a level never before seen in publication.  No longer will you just game in the northern City-States!  You can now travel south and investigate more of the Wilderlands than ever before!  Massive sea battles and expansive land exploration of the Isle of the Blest continent beckon!  So, warm up those dice, and prepare to face more fantastic challenges than you can imagine!
 Judges Guild will be officially releasing CSSK at GenCon 2013.  For those of you who cannot wait, however, you can order your copy now at: Home - Bernhardt Publishing
For further information and updates go to Judges Guild: First in Fantasy Gaming or bernhardtpublishing.com!!

PreviousNext