Tegel Manor, Judges Guild
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:44 pm 

Hi Bill,

Jason  Z said you may know the answer to this:

My wife cleaned our basement over the weekend and found my old copy of Tegel Manor.  At first glance, it appeared as a common 4th print, but when I looked closer, it appears a bit different.  This has Bob Bledsaw's name on the cover, but if you look at the note (2nd photo attached), you can see where the original print had a 17" x 22" Judges Map that was then handwritten over as a 11" x 17" map (which appears on the 4th print).  My guess is that they had a short run of prints with the 3rd print covers, added Bob's signature, and hand correct the map size (a printing 3 1/2 ???).

I don't know if this has ever been an Acaeum discussion or not...I couldn't seem to find it.  Your thoughts on this?  Any idea how many were printed in this run?  Is this something I should hold on to?

Brant Jessel
"my2cents" on the Acaeum board in case you want to open for Acaeum discussion...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:39 pm 

Hi Brant,
I don't remember this but then I was around for the first version(s) of Tegel only. After 1978, I wouldn't be surprised if they did some creative recombining to put the leftovers of an earlier print run with later. I'm sorry that I don't have any recollection of this.

OTOH I do see Mark Holmer tonight so I'll see if he remembers! He was my fellow wizard during Bob's Tolkien campaign and later Bob's manager.
Bill

Bob's buddy

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:07 pm 

Thanks, Bill.  I did find a photo of what I have posted - I believe somewhere in The Acaeum, but I'm not certain as I've looked frantically over the last 2 days.  I just didn't want to let something go for a dollar and have it come back to haunt me at my funeral.  Of course, I could go to Bob directly following my funeral...I'll have my gaming dice buried with me.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:16 pm 

This?:

http://www.acaeum.com/jg/ModPhotos/TegelManor4th.html

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:51 pm 

Yes, Shane, that is the photo.  Although my copy has a hand written correction for the map that is inside as being 11" x 17" .  I've had this copy for years, never played it, forgot about it, and only found it because my wife was in the process of throwing things away.  I'm glad she thought better and put this in a pile for me to decide...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:08 am 

I talked to Mark Holmer and he didn't remember the Tegel Manor hybrid version specifically but says he might have kept multiple versions. So if he got to looking, he might be able to fill in some missing links for you.

Bob's buddy