Supplement VI the Majestic Wilderlands is Released
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:37 pm 

From the City-State of the Invincible Overlord to the ancient city of Viridistan the wilderness is thick with dungeons and ruins. Contained in this book are the background and rules used in a campaign thirty years in the making. You will find over two dozen classes ranging from Soldiers to Mountebanks and races of Reptile Men to Half-Viridians. New races, magic variants, creatures, and magic items can be found within these pages. Also included is a complete overview of the Majestic Wilderlands. Begin your journey into the Majestic Wilderlands and become the next person to carve their mark in the hall of destiny.

A 140 page rules supplement compatible with the Swords & Wizardry rules and a guide to the Majestic Wilderlands.

Printed copies of the rules will be available through lulu.com in one to two weeks

Print $12 at lulu.com (coming in one to two weeks)
]PDF $7 at http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=68864

Licensing Agreement between Bat in the Attic Games and Judges Guild
Bat in the Attic Games and Judges Guild are pleased to announce that a license agreement has been signed to allow rules and supplements to be published for the Majestic Wilderlands. The Majestic Wilderlands is a setting developed by Robert Conley based on the Judges Guild\'s Wilderlands of High Fantasy. Bat in the Attic Games first product will be Supplement VI, the Majestic Wilderlands, a rules supplement adapting the Swords & Wizardry RPG to the Majestic Wilderlands. Also Included is a guide to the Majestic Wilderlands setting.

For further information please contact Robert Conley at [email protected] or read the FAQ at http://www.batintheattic.com.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:06 pm 

Looks good.
Seems I have another company to add :)

So what are your plans on other material for the future?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:06 pm 

Thanks

For future plans.

The next product will be a adventure set in the Majestic Wilderlands the Beast of Kensla. Got an outline, it been playtested, need to do the map and currently writing the first draft.

Based on the production of the Majestic Wilderlands my production rate will be slooow. Maybe the further I get into this the quicker I get.

In addition to I plan to write about Sandbox Campaigin, Traveller (using Mongoose OGL stuff), support for Points of Light although the series itself is with Goodman Games.

After Kensla will probably take the 35 steps for making a sandbox campaign that is on my blog and flesh it out. Based on my website stats that could be a real popular product.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:47 pm 

Great news.

:D

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:58 pm 

Print product is now available on Lulu.  Can't wait to read this.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:40 am 

Full Color Cover
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ds/8026307

Original Style Cover
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... 29/8069126

Appreciate the business

Thanks
Rob

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:44 am 

Tempted to get both, but being lulu I can wait a bit before doing so.  Should say I already have ordered the color cover one.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:26 pm 

Any chance of a PDF release through someone. Lulu are notoriously shite and international orders and international shipping costs. A PDF would increase your revenue stream.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:32 pm 

http://stores.lulu.com/robertsconley

You can order a download as well of either.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:32 am 

This is most likely my next JG purchase in the next few days.  I noticed looking through the table of contents on the Lulu preview that the contents don't quite line up with the D20 Wilderlands Players guide.  Some of the classes in the latter like Amazon don't seem to be present here, and many area names are different from the standard JG Wilderlands.  So it differs in some ways from your previous D20 work.

Then I read the introduction and it seems this is a heavily Wilderlands based setting, but not necessarily exactly the same in all respects from the JG based setting.  Not that this is a bad thing either.  Would a Wilderlands as it evolved over time in an actual campaign be an accurate description?

BTW I think it is great that you released this as  Swords & Wizardry and other OD&D compatible games supplement. Other than the fact that it is published some 30yrs after the original JG heydays, it is almost transparent with those original products because of the rules choice.  I'm going to pick up both versions as a result!

Who says my inspiration was D&D?  That was just a background phenomenon.
                                          -- Ken St. Andre

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:52 pm 

So very cool. Definitely on my list of "things to acquire".

Nice job, RC

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:28 pm 

This sounds good, is it feasible/reasonable to get a copy shipped to the UK?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:34 pm 

Placed my order today. 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:00 pm 

I bought the download.
No covers. It just starts with the title page.
Any chance of a free download of the front and back covers for those who buy the digital copy? I chose the traditional cover, but either would be a better front page.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:15 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I bought the download.
No covers. It just starts with the title page.
Any chance of a free download of the front and back covers for those who buy the digital copy? I chose the traditional cover, but either would be a better front page.

I will have to look into that. I try to push people into RPGNow as I have a bunch of extra in the download there.

Anyway you can get the traditional cover from here.
http://www.batintheattic.com/downloads/ ... tCover.pdf

Just print on parchment and you are good to go.

The extras are here
Price List
http://www.batintheattic.com/downloads/ ... ceList.pdf

Character Sheet.
http://www.batintheattic.com/downloads/MWSWSheet.pdf

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:22 pm 

robertsconley wrote:
I will have to look into that. I try to push people into RPGNow as I have a bunch of extra in the download there.

Anyway you can get the traditional cover from here.
http://www.batintheattic.com/downloads/ ... tCover.pdf

Just print on parchment and you are good to go.

The extras are here
Price List
http://www.batintheattic.com/downloads/ ... ceList.pdf

Character Sheet.
http://www.batintheattic.com/downloads/MWSWSheet.pdf

I went for the original cover. Nice and professional book. Booklet size height and width but 140 pages.

Still need to go through it in depth.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:29 pm 

Ak'Ptui wrote:Then I read the introduction and it seems this is a heavily Wilderlands based setting, but not necessarily exactly the same in all respects from the JG based setting.  Not that this is a bad thing either.  Would a Wilderlands as it evolved over time in an actual campaign be an accurate description?

It would me more acccurate the whole setting evolved into it's own thing. A lot of ret-cons occurred. Basically after the mid 80s when the Viridian Emperor died and a couple of PC Kingdoms were estabilshed (see the Nome entry) what I ran started changing from the Wilderlands of High Fantasy to the Majestic Wilderlands.

The final break came when I redrew all the map in the late 80s because my copies were wearing out and I redraw most of them by hand. The scale was increased from 5 miles per hex to 12.5 miles per hex and I started packing in a lot more stuff.

The result is a campaign world that is not the Wilderlands of High Fantasy. But a lot of things should be useful particularly locales like CSIO, Modron, Viridistan, etc. While my license doesn't allow me to make stuff for the WoHF I can certainly make sure I include material useful for both the MW and the WoHF in my future releases.

For example in my upcomming adventure Scourge of the Demon Wolf you will get not only the adventure but several locales you can put down anywhere you need them. A village, a crossroad hamlet, a Beggar camp, and a conclave of Thothian Mages.

Ak'Ptui wrote:BTW I think it is great that you released this as  Swords & Wizardry and other OD&D compatible games supplement. Other than the fact that it is published some 30yrs after the original JG heydays, it is almost transparent with those original products because of the rules choice.  I'm going to pick up both versions as a result!

Thanks appreciate the compliment and the business.

One reason I included the rules was so that there were things that WoHF fans can use out of the box as well presenting the overview of my version of the Wilderlands. From what I understand many who don't plan to use the setting info still find useful as a source of ideas.

One thing that helps is that despite whatever rules I used over the years I still ran basically the same game. There were still dungeons, orcs, and all the D&D tropes. So much of the stuff I created over the years proved straightforward to port over to Swords & Wizardry.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:41 pm 

robertsconley wrote:
For example in my upcomming adventure Scourge of the Demon Wolf you will get not only the adventure but several locales you can put down anywhere you need them. A village, a crossroad hamlet, a Beggar camp, and a conclave of Thothian Mages.

Ahhh... Sounds like home to me.  8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Next