City State & Wilderlands
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:50 am 

Hi gents

I've been having a look around without success, but would anyone have a Wilderlands of High Fantasy and (revised) City State of the Invincible Overlord up for trade/buy?

I can find dodgy copies, but I'd like to have a proper read and get to know it better. Print run isn't an issue, its not about collecting for me, but as long as they aren't rogered to death!  :lol:

cheers in advance
Dave

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:59 pm 

Would these be the Necromancer ones?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:03 pm 

I'm guessing if the contents the same, it doesn't matter to me. Collectability or re~saleability aren't an issue, just good content in good, complete nick.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:18 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:I'm guessing if the contents the same, it doesn't matter to me. Collectability or re~saleability aren't an issue, just good content in good, complete nick.

Necromancer versions are third edition.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:51 pm 

Both products are gonna set you back a fair bit, because Necromancers version of CSIO is worth as much as the original JG versions, and the Wilderlands of High Fantasy from Necromancer is one of the best campaign settings out there. The cheapest way to get the wilderlands info is to buy the PDF from RPGNow. I don't know if they ever released CSIO in PDF, but if they did then you'll be cheaper buying that PDF too.

CSIO JG 1st Printing - $60-$100 depending on condition.
CSIO JG later editions - £30-$60 depending on condition.
CSIO (Nectomancer) - $60-$80 depenfing on condition.

WoHF JG 1st Printing (Pts I & II) - $40-$80 depending on condition.
WoHF JG later editions - $20-$50 depending on condition.
WoHF (Necromancer) - $75-$100 depending on condition.

It should be noted that the Necromancer reprint of CSIO contains both the original CSIO product and Wraith Overlord (the underworld beneath the city).

It should be nothed that the Necromancer reprint of WoHF contains also the contents of WoMR, WB and WotFR, the complete 18 map set.

Unless you have a particular need for the original JG product, or are looking at investment and collectability, I would suggest the Necromancer PDFs, or the JG PDFs are the best option. I can supply any of the above in near mint collectable condition, but would be looking to negotiate at the upper ends of those prices. The Necromancer PDFs are among the best PDFs available on the internet.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:25 pm 

Thanks for the advice Ian. I have got both in pdf form, tbh, but just fancied them in hard copies to read more easily...

I'll stick with these for now as I didn't plan spending too much unless a trade was a chance, but probably unlikely!  8O

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"