Searching for product that includes Blackwater Lake
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:35 am 

I have some photocopies of some maps for a Blackwater Lake adventure. I'm pretty sure they came from a Judges Guild product (all the maps are on Campaign Hexagon System pages and the style is definitely JG).

Unfortunately, I have no idea where they came from. I'd love to re-acquire this product if it's still at all available.

Thanks for any pointers

Frank

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:55 am 

Sounds like something out of Pegasus.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:01 am 

Not from one of the Pegasus installments which can be found here ...

http://www.judgesguild.com/downloads.html

YIM  

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:41 pm 

I thought it came from Pegasus, but I went through all the TOCs and it isn't any of the City State installments, but the page numbers would place it right in the middle of the installments, so it can't be from Pegasus. The page numbers are 51, 55, 58, 59, and 72. There's also levels 5-8 of a dungeon on pages 38, 42, 49, and 52 but I'm not sure those are from the same module.

Frank

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:22 pm 

Frank, is there any way you can post a scan or two? That might help...

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:12 am 

I checked the issues of The Dungeoneer and The Dungeoneers Journal that I own, and none of them have more than 64 pages.

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:49 am 

I hope this helps without being too high resolution a scan to be offensive:

Thanks

Frank

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:50 am 

I am 99% sure its from the First Fantsay Campaign setting, but it's only in one of he first two printings with the 96 pages.  Here is why I think so(all while hanging my head in shame in my own total geekiness  :oops: ):  

I just did a quick google search on "Blackwater Lake" and there just so happens to be a real "Blackwater Lake". The real "Blackwater Lake " is located in the state of Minnesota.  Knowing of course that none other than Dave Arneson is from Minnesota(hence the utter geekiness), I came to the conclusion that it is likely to be in the FFC. Unfortuantely, the only copy I currently have immediately available to me right now without digging through shit is a 3rd printing and its not in there(my GF will kill me if I start pulling boxes of crap out in the bedroom this late at night to get my 1st printing).  However, in looking through this 3rd printing I can almost guarantee that it is among the material removed from the earlier two printings, as the copy I have has several pages of maps in the interior that are almost identical to this one just from different areas of Blackmoor (why it was removed I have no clue, maybe Shane nows.  :?)  

With that in mind though, I can confirm it for certain tomorrow morning (unless of course someone else can beat me to it in the meantime) that these are from the FFC, but I am already almost positive that it is. :)

Edit: Upon second thought, its possible that it may actually be in one of the Treasure Maps booklets as well.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:11 am 

The Blackwater Lake map is in the Book of Treasure Maps III.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:06 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:The Blackwater Lake map is in the Book of Treasure Maps III.

Bingo! Thought it looked vaguely familiar... I just went over those a couple months back to make the Wilderlands Adventure Map...

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:35 am 

So is there an adventure worked up in Treasure Maps III to go with the map?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:10 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:So is there an adventure worked up in Treasure Maps III to go with the map?

Yessir...."The Beast of Blackwater Lake".  Hehe....I love the description of Blackwater Hamlet:
Blackwater Hamlet is also designed for the character who is finally going to retire from adventuring and is looking for a nice place to settle down.

I for one would never settle down anywhere with the name the likes of Blackwater.  :roll:   And I try to stay away from taverns that serve pickled eggs.  :puker:  :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:28 pm 

Great, thanks.

Looks like I may have to consider an order from Different Worlds since it isn't available in PDF form currently.

Thanks again

Frank