Print run question
Author

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:02 am 

hi folks, a question on the print run of my copy of "village book I": according to the description, i have a different copy than those described...

firstly my booklet has not 64 pages: it has 60 numbered pages (62 unnumbered)

secondly my booklet has nor bootly list neither treasure vault ref: the last 2 pages (not numbered) are blank and with a picture of a wizard and a writing "yeh varily, have you subscribed?"

...is this the installment R or what?

thanks and ciaooo

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:19 pm 

Cover and inside cover is pages 1-2, numbered pages are 3-60, then you should have photos of various Judges Guild products (as this sounds like you have a 1st print) which would be pages 61-62, then the back cover and inside back cover as pages 63-64 (the back cover has that wizard, etc)

So question to you is in between the maps and the back cover, do you have a page with products pictured? (or perhaps look in the spine to see if a page was torn out..otherwise I'm curious about this)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:51 pm 

Plaag wrote:So question to you is in between the maps and the back cover, do you have a page with products pictured? (or perhaps look in the spine to see if a page was torn out..otherwise I'm curious about this)

aia and I may have the same printing.  I'll be an ass and answer with what I see in my copy:

. . . Page 60 is the last map.  Pages 61 and 62 are not numbered.
. . . un-numbered page 61 is two columns, the first starting with "WHAT IS A BOOTY LIST?", and the second with "MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS"
. . . un-numbered page 62 is the Booty List, last product "750 THE ILLHIEDRIN BOOK"

No photos, no page torn out.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:33 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:un-numbered page 62 is the Booty List, last product "750 THE ILLHIEDRIN BOOK"

Is this not titled Treasure Vault with the Judges Guild shield logo to the left of it? If so then its the 3rd print that you have John. (It also has the numbered pages as 3-60, that is why I count the front and back pages)

ShaneG.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:14 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:aia and I may have the same printing.  I'll be an ass and answer with what I see in my copy:

. . . Page 60 is the last map.  Pages 61 and 62 are not numbered.
. . . un-numbered page 61 is two columns, the first starting with "WHAT IS A BOOTY LIST?", and the second with "MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS"
. . . un-numbered page 62 is the Booty List, last product "750 THE ILLHIEDRIN BOOK"

No photos, no page torn out.

that's not my version...

i have the following:

1) cover page - it perfectly matches with the 1st-2nd print present in the page http://www.acaeum.com/jg/Item0059.html

2) rear cover page - not numbered, there is a table: PAGE/HEX NO./... (in columns), 13/14/... (in rows)

...60 numbered pages and pls note that the first numbered page is page 3 just after the rear coover page (as if cover and rear were suppposed to be pages 1 and 2)

then, you're right shane: the page before the last one has been cut out... i still confirm that the last 2 pages (not numbered) are respectively blank and with a picture...

???

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:14 am 

Mystery solved :)

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:52 pm 

aia wrote:that's not my version...

Ah, that's what I get for being an ass.  :)