Bill Owen Q&A
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:47 pm 

Bill Owen wrote in Bill Owen Q&A:Back to Tractics...

I wrote that when I THOUGHT I was nearly done. I found out that Mike Reese kept thinking of new things to add or old things to fine-tune. So we finally got to print in December of 2021. We have eight identical print editions, which only vary by binding (softcover, coil binding, and hardcover), black ink interior pages for economy or full color, and "view" of the 45 pages of game reference charts: Landscape or Portrait.

Then last month, we came up with a PDF version of Tractics. This was in the place of the Kindle edition that proved to be just too difficult for me to master. Has hundreds of hyperlinks within the PDF to teleport to relevant sections.

That's great, Bill! Glad to see Tractics return. I've been wanting a copy for years; I'll be picking up one of these when cash flow is better.

Congratulations!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:30 am 

CombatRules.com released Leon Tucker's third WWII ruleset, Brew Up, last December. It is a 6x9" booklet, and the GRC tables can be downloaded for free from its listing so that people can make supplementary tableside charts.

Leon died last year before he could see the near-final draft of the rules. I talked with his son, Greg, about another game project that Leon, his son, and his grandson were working on. Leon's son wants CombatRules to continue to sell Fast Rules and Brew Up.

Bob's buddy

Previous