JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:47 am 

It's POSTERS and no it does not work :(

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:16 pm 

I have found if you add items to the cart in Cafepress and leave them, they will send you a discount code as an incentive to buy them.. it happens after a while so be patient..sure this happened to me on my one time I did something with them..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:31 am 

Darn! For those who couldn't read my mind about the URL and willing to pay full price or will wait for a sale that does apply, go to www.cafepress.com/judgesguild  ...Bob and I thank you in advance.

Bob's buddy

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:45 am 

The POSTERS promo worked for buying the Wilderlands poster but no the Tegel Manor one.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:54 am 

Wish you guys would sell a pocket sized metal flask with the Judges Guild (Pegasus) Logo on it...

I would buy at least one... or three of those. 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:07 pm 

Me too!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:51 am 

Thork N Hammer, Esquire wrote:I was wondering what the "status" of JG is, at present. Every site I go to seems very convolutingly enigmatic!
Is there new material being generated for the JG world?

JG's status is still active and new material is, in fact, being generated. Lost Man's Trail was released on November 1st, 2010, Noltec is due to be released soon as well as Tegel II. As for the sites, judgesguild.org is your best bet for news since the .com site has been back-burnered until I get the time to change the layout (I never really liked it).

Thork N Hammer, Esquire wrote:Is it all pdf/pod through the site(s)?
Are they ever going to get back into stores/shops again?

Our material is going to be produced through PDF/POD channels, i.e. lulu, rpgnow, etc. We would love to eventually get back to the stores and shops, but that is not a cost effective solution as of now.

Thork N Hammer, Esquire wrote:How does one go about creating an adventure as a JG product?

Thanks for being patient. :lol:

Licensing is handled by my father, but at this time we are currently concentrating our efforts on getting our own products out.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:00 pm 

Thanks for the reply, RB3

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:27 pm 

Bill Owen interview on Save or Die  Little over 33 minutes.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:22 am 

The men in gray are bringing a proof of the long-delayed coffee-table book version of the JG history that originally came out in November 2008... which is available (letter sized) at www.lulu.com/gamedesign.

The coffee table version has more pages (80 pages vs. 36), larger (13x11") high quality paper stock, full color, hard cover (with image wrap not dust jacket), many of the original pictures are larger so that one can read text more easily in many cases, I have added new text, new photos and notably, full-scale versions of the original Tegel Manor (from Bob's campaign) and the pre-publication blue print of No-Name City (before called City State of the Invincible Overlord). Because they are full scale and placed across numerous pages, it's easier to sit and look through than poring over giant maps.

The cost will be relatively enormous but if I do use lulu for this, they seem to run regular discounts.

It may be premature to write about this (will Woody never learn?!) but I have felt remiss in taking this long to get to this point. The only (!) thing that is likely to go wrong at this point is if I didn't set up the bleeds right since the whole description on Lulu's site is opaque. And Blurb's was completely impenetrable since I have too old a version of InDesign to suit them.

Actually the object of publishing this book is to fund the update of an 8 year old Mac and Creative Suite so if you think Blurb is the better way to go than Lulu then I will just have to first sell the tiny amount of more weird stuff that I've uncovered. :)

Bob's buddy

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:28 am 

I don't know if any of you live near central Illinois but I have some odd stuff that dates back to the JG era that can't be shipped (because so bulky).

Anyway I thought you at least might get a kick out of seeing these items uploaded on eBay: (eBay moniker gamedesign4u)

eBay listings

The carpeted tabletop was up in the JG headquarters during my entire time there 1976-1978 and used for games before and after that point. It's in incredibly good shape because outdoor carpet is built to last.

Two items were made right after my time at JG and are one-of-a-kind.

Finally the styrofoam battleboards were made in the last 10-12 years and bring back some great memories of Bob and our buddies battling.

Bob's buddy

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:13 am 

If I lived in the region, I'd be bidding on the gaming table.  :P

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:39 pm 

Bill Owen wrote:Actually the object of publishing this book is to fund the update of an 8 year old Mac and Creative Suite so if you think Blurb is the better way to go than Lulu then I will just have to first sell the tiny amount of
more weird stuff that I've uncovered. :)

You may want to investigate RPGNow PoD program. Their color rates are far more reasonable than lulu.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:59 pm 

Forumites,

On Facebook, Bruce Bledsaw posted to me:

"Hey Bill, What would a time period TSR Players handbook, signed by Gary Guygax to my father be worth?"
14 minutes ago · Like · · See Friendship

I wrote back:
"Hi Bruce! My experience may not truly approach the potential auction value but here goes. I think my book, unsigned went for around $100-150. Auction prices may have slipped since then (join the acaeum.com forum for timely input). However with both big names, I think that it might go for over $500! You can see that the following website indicates $34-176 as a range but Gary's signature and if it says "to Bob" or similar then I think it could triple the value as a unique item. I only had 1 signature from Gary (memo responding to a rules dispute) and I think it sold well."

Do you think I'm smoking my socks? Can you give a better estimate? Thanks!

Bob's buddy

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:02 pm 

Bill Owen wrote:I don't know if any of you live near central Illinois but I have some odd stuff that dates back to the JG era that can't be shipped (because so bulky).
SNIP

Just so you know, a local buddy bought the stuff and hauled it off to Springfield where he has a dream gamer basement full of stuff beyond even my wildest imaginings.

PS Coffee table version of the JG history (with much added material and 44 extra pages)... approaches soon!

Bob's buddy

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:17 am 

Bill Owen wrote:PS Coffee table version of the JG history (with much added material and 44 extra pages)... approaches soon!

Oooh. Sounds good.
Will there be an introductory price like last time?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:38 pm 

The price on the signed book would be an optimum result, but $500 is not out of the question.  There are collectors who would go that high.

The challenge would be to schedule an auction during the correct time of year and in the correct economic conditions.

Right after GenCon, for instance, is a bad time to auction any high end item as the GenCon auction will have exhausted the big money collectors.

I suppose actually selling it at GenCon would be the perfect setting.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:00 pm 

Well, in my experience, the end of September/begining of October and the end of March/begining of April seem to be the optimum times for maximum returns on big ticket items. You want to avoid clashing with Treasure Trove Celebrity Auctions as they also tend to appear around those times.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

PreviousNext