Tegel Manor... which version?
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:09 pm 

i just love the traditional haunted house feel to it - instant classic. gives me the feel of what you can do with U1...same kinda thing.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:08 pm 

but I've not asked Egor how many he has or how he came about them.

If it goes on eBay, he has at least 6 copies of it (I recall this coming up in a conversation - not a direct question.) This is why it is better to go into the brick and mortar store, itself (or catch him at a Con like ORIGINS or GenCon,) as you will find stuff not listed in his online store. As to how he obtains such things: like anyone else - he buys collections and has friends.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:43 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
indeed :)

i see egor is throwing around them "100 copies" of the origins Tegels lately.... sheesh he must have had the lions share of them!

did they only sell 2 or something at the time??!!

I over-paid Lou Zocchi on an invoice not too long ago and he threw one of these in to the shipment.  I obtained the printing history directly from Lou and it is likely correct since I purchased the rest from him.  I believe that he never put them out for sale since he always had quantities of the color-cover copy available.  They were just sitting in his shed.  

serleran wrote:
If it goes on eBay, he has at least 6 copies of it (I recall this coming up in a conversation - not a direct question.) This is why it is better to go into the brick and mortar store, itself (or catch him at a Con like ORIGINS or GenCon,) as you will find stuff not listed in his online store. As to how he obtains such things: like anyone else - he buys collections and has friends.

This is correct. It comes down to a simple business decision since it takes time to produce an evil-bay listing and I can amortize the time it takes for set-up over the sale of several items.  

My goal for the store has always been to have a large number of items but only a small quantity of each.  When you see me at Gencon or Origins (where I bring the bulk my goodies), I might have 20,000 different items, yet, generally, no more than a couple of any one thing.  (I have pictures from last years origins if you wish to see them on www.crazyegors.4t.com )

Other than having a warehouse of boxes I have yet to process, I still purchase collections.  I have been in this business over 30 years now.

Paul W. Meyer
Crazy Egor/'himself'

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:16 pm 

yes paul we know :)

we spend a ton of cash with you at GenCon :)

i wouldnt mind purchasing some stuff off Lou....but cant figure out how to (dammit).

i still need to fire an e-mail off to you - must find some time to do that.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Previous