Tegel Manor... which version?
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:23 am 

I'm of the opinion of believing Lou, but I've not asked Egor how many he has or how he came about them.  Course you could ask him at GenCon for me.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:28 am 

killjoy32 wrote:anny, that origins one is just the same as the gamescience version. its pretty good i agree, but a fair amount is changed from the older version.

if you get ahold of the little orange book, you will see what i mean.

the older book is really just bare-bones. mike did a pic of my DMs setup at GenCon, i dont know if the pic is still there, ask him (i need to get a pic of that off him too)...in that pic, you can see the book and the lack of details in it.

its a DMs dream, IF you play the game that way. some like the gamescience version as its all there for them. it depends what youre into.

we will be running it again at GenCon this time, though its more homebrew than actual text this time. but i would most definately, thoroughly recommend this adventure in ANY format, to anyone. i've yet to come across anyone who didnt like it.

it won over the guys at GenCon last time for sure. it was fun, because we all had a great time. rules were almost non-existant - there was some very cool roleplay and it just turned out into a great time for all. pure gaming at its best. a good adventure will allow this if everyone is on the same wavelength.

i wish gencon would hurry up....i hate waiting.

Yes, I do have one. Orange Tegal booklet (with maps) that is. And Yes, I know exactly what you meant. It is bare bones but now I can go either way with this adventure, which is the reason I bought the newer version.

Whether a fully fleshed game is needed or one that can be fleshed out by the DM (And in some fashion even the players) remains with the skills and ability of the players and DM involved.

For myself, I wanted that newer module for possible future play with my grandson..... he has No experience..... but even if he did have years of experience playing tabletop D&D , the book is quite good as it is.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:09 pm 

i just love the traditional haunted house feel to it - instant classic. gives me the feel of what you can do with U1...same kinda thing.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:08 pm 

but I've not asked Egor how many he has or how he came about them.

If it goes on eBay, he has at least 6 copies of it (I recall this coming up in a conversation - not a direct question.) This is why it is better to go into the brick and mortar store, itself (or catch him at a Con like ORIGINS or GenCon,) as you will find stuff not listed in his online store. As to how he obtains such things: like anyone else - he buys collections and has friends.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:43 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
indeed :)

i see egor is throwing around them "100 copies" of the origins Tegels lately.... sheesh he must have had the lions share of them!

did they only sell 2 or something at the time??!!

I over-paid Lou Zocchi on an invoice not too long ago and he threw one of these in to the shipment.  I obtained the printing history directly from Lou and it is likely correct since I purchased the rest from him.  I believe that he never put them out for sale since he always had quantities of the color-cover copy available.  They were just sitting in his shed.  

serleran wrote:
If it goes on eBay, he has at least 6 copies of it (I recall this coming up in a conversation - not a direct question.) This is why it is better to go into the brick and mortar store, itself (or catch him at a Con like ORIGINS or GenCon,) as you will find stuff not listed in his online store. As to how he obtains such things: like anyone else - he buys collections and has friends.

This is correct. It comes down to a simple business decision since it takes time to produce an evil-bay listing and I can amortize the time it takes for set-up over the sale of several items.  

My goal for the store has always been to have a large number of items but only a small quantity of each.  When you see me at Gencon or Origins (where I bring the bulk my goodies), I might have 20,000 different items, yet, generally, no more than a couple of any one thing.  (I have pictures from last years origins if you wish to see them on www.crazyegors.4t.com )

Other than having a warehouse of boxes I have yet to process, I still purchase collections.  I have been in this business over 30 years now.

Paul W. Meyer
Crazy Egor/'himself'

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:16 pm 

yes paul we know :)

we spend a ton of cash with you at GenCon :)

i wouldnt mind purchasing some stuff off Lou....but cant figure out how to (dammit).

i still need to fire an e-mail off to you - must find some time to do that.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Previous