Tegel Manor for 4E Back On!
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:29 pm 

Well, the licensing issues have been resolved, and Clark Peterson announced on the Necromancer Games boards that Tegel Manor is a go for 4th Edition (well, provided there is a 4th Edition GSL, but that is another matter altogether).

Click here to read the announcement

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:15 pm 

good news + good work james thank you :) :) :)
guess must now buy something 4e ;>

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:34 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:guess must now buy something 4e ;>

Yeah, I was planning on buying only the three core books, but now that this is going to happen, looks like I'll need a little bit more room on my shelves for 4E after all...

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:45 pm 

This is great news.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:43 pm 

I'm pleased as punch and am very happy that Clark has indicated there will be a 3.5 PDF.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:05 pm 

With WotC now making the GSL announcement:

Wizards of the Coast is pleased to announce that third-party publishers will be allowed to publish products compatible with the Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition game system under the new Dungeons & Dragons 4E Game System License (D&D 4E GSL). This royalty-free license will replace the former d20 System Trademark License (STL), and will have a System Reference Document (SRD) available for referencing permissible content.

The D&D 4E GSL will allow third-party publishers to create roleplaying game products in fantasy settings with the D&D 4th Edition rules, and publishers who register with WotC will be granted the right to use a version of the D&D logo that denotes the product as compatible with the D&D 4th Edition Roleplaying Game, in accordance with WotC's terms and conditions. The effective start date for sales of D&D 4E GSL publications will be October 1, 2008.

The license associated SRD will be available on June 6, 2008, at no cost. A small group of publishers received advanced notice and will receive these documents prior to June 6, at no cost, in order to prepare for publication of compatible materials by the effective start date. If you haven't already been contacted by WotC, you will be able to access the documents on the Wizards website beginning on June 6, 2008.

Wizards is also working on the details of a second royalty-free license, the d20 Game System License (d20 GSL). This license will allow third-party publishers to create roleplaying game products in non-fantasy settings with the 4E rules. The exact details for the d20 GSL will be released as they become available.

We can be assured of Tegel Manor from Necromancer Games.  No date has been posted for its release.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:13 pm 

Interesting change there... note that you can use the second license only to create non-fantasy games (or, non-competing games, in business speak) and, if you opt to make fantasy stuff, you will have to abide by what was once the STL, meaning, the "code of conduct" and "approved by Wizards." How generous of them.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.