Selling AGP product on eBay...?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:50 am 

I've never sold anything on eBay, always been a buyer.

I'm considering putting AGP products up for sale on eBay, mostly as a way to get more people aware of the products.

Would this be useful, do you think?

Should I put it in with a "Buy it Now" equal to the MSRP or see what the market will bear?

Or is this just a bad idea?

I need to get the word out to a wider audience, and I think eBay is a way to do it... what do you all think?

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:07 am 

Make sure you factor in their new policies if you consider it. I know there are other game companies doing it, but I don't know how much it helps them. Have you tried Amazon and others? You could list yourself as a seller, and not go through the distribution aspect, and there are probably just as many people surfing Amazon as there are on eBay (don't know for sure, but they do different things...)

Anyway:

Useful - exposure most likely, if it gathers any attention. There's a lot on there already...

I like BIN, but most everyone will look for a deal, so it goes along with what you're expecting. The companies I've seen do it sell for less than MSRP (except Dragon Tree Press) but those product generally weren't high sellers to start.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:31 am 

I'd say Amazon would be a good way to go, but if Ebay - I'd almost say do a store (or if you could sell though someone's store then thats better).
Course have you tried to see if the Troll Lords could help use their distribution network?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:04 pm 

eBay will definitely get you more exposure.  Be sure to include as many "key" words in the product description as possible to attract hits from searches.

As a subscriber I would be disappointed to see a BIN price for less than the subscription rate.  If you use BIN you can put up a single listing for each separate item with number of units available.

There are some other auction sites out there other than eBay that are cheaper for the seller, but I don't know how much traffic they get.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:47 pm 

Hi James,

Have you considered printing a few extras and having Aaron over at Noble Knight carry them and seeing what demand is like?  He carries many small press items and groups them in the larger category.  For example I've been buying a lot of T&T stuff from a small publisher called Outlaw Press (Jim Shipman).  I buy mostly from the Outlaw site but occassionally I get them from Noble Knight if I happen to be buying stuff from there.

If you peruse the T&T section at Noble Knight the Outlaw stuff is listed so anyone looking for vintage T&T stuff would also come across the Outlaw Press stuff and vice versa.  It could work the same for you by having your product listed in with the JG stuff.  In your case he would also probably cross list it with C&C.  Check it out.  I notice for the Outlaw stuff he frequently sells out of some books.  Now what the numbers are I have no idea but I would bet these are sales above and beyond what would be sold by Outlaw Press directly.

Just an idea for you to consider.

Cheers!

Gregory

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:44 am 

James, that is an unorthodox, but very cool idea.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:28 pm 

James - check out this thread.

viewtopic.php?t=6695

You might want to consider selling here as well.  Less traffic than eBay, but much less cost to you.