AGP Announcements and Updates
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:20 pm 

Adventure Games Publishing is pleased to announce the release of our first direct-to-PDF product, Monsters & Treasure of the Wilderlands 1, now available on DriveThruRPG.com and RPGNow.com.

Monsters & Treasure of the Wilderlands 1
Over time players become complacent, sure in the knowledge that they have encountered every creature in the book and catalogued all treasures to be found. They won't be so certain when the judge pulls out a new book of 16 pages of monsters and treasures that they've never seen before!

Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1 includes 16 new monsters designed for use with Castles & Crusades and the Wilderlands of High Adventure Campaign Setting. Running the gamut from pesky 1 HD faeries to fallen 15 HD demi-gods, each monster includes details on ecology and society, powers and treasures. Some are hauntingly familiar, just enough so as to trip up the unwary adventurer, while others are entirely new and created from whole cloth. Though designed for use in the Wilderlands, every monster can find a home elsewhere, and is easily adapted into just about any fantasy campaign setting.

Also included are 16 new treasures, ranging from the least bauble to great and potent (and usually, most dire) relics. Each is tied to the Wilderlands, adding more detail to your Wilderlands campaign, though the histories can readily be altered to suit any campaign.

Monster List
Angrasinamru (Peacock Devil) [15 HD]
Bat, Giant Vampire [2 HD]
Cat, Saber-Toothed Tiger [7 HD]
Centipede, Giant Wooly [6 HD]
Gorgosphinx [12 HD]
Gourandrouni (Demon Hog) [4 HD]
Gràdhcronaím (Lost Love Fey) [6 HD]
Grue (Shadow Elemental) [9 HD]
Hound of Hades [6 HD]
Imp, Chasm [2 HD]
Malicorn (Dread Goat) [2 HD]
Moppet, Witch's (Devil Doll) [3 HD]
Sloughree (Wind Howler) [10 HD]
Sprite, Cràigeanetlagh (Flying Frog Faerie) [1 HD]
Szaltys (Lucky Snake) [1 HD]
Teknatzou (Cavern Crone) [5 HD]

TREASURE LIST
Abacus of Instant Calculation
Beggar's Bindlestick
Blade Belligerence, The
Dagger Divine, The
Demon-Die of the Mandarin-Lords
Dragon Shield
Gwyndolyn's Mail
Hag's Eye
Icon of the Bloodstained God
Maed's Walkin' Hat
Peasant Talisman
Potion of Partial Polymorph
Power Pearls
Rune of Protection
Wand of the Toad Prince
Zudnak's Finger

James

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:53 pm 

The Rhadamanthia Continental Map is now available in PDF format on DriveThruRPG and RPGNow!

This 17" by 22" map depicts the continent of Rhadamanthia, upon which the Wilderlands of High Fantasy are found. The Wilderlands is merely one of 15 large districts of Rhadamanthia, each District divided into 18 Campaign Regions.

The 15 Districts of Rhadamanthia are:

Northern: The Great Lakes, the Frozen Lands, Valonaria, Vanaraya, and the Tempest Lands.

Central: The Giant Lands, the Infinite Desert, the Wilderlands of High Adventure, Western Karak, and Eastern Karak.

Southern: The Lesser Horned Empire, the Greater Horned Empire, the Demon Empire, the Demon Seas, and the Infinite Islands.

Each District and each of the Campaign Regions of Rhadamanthia are described in the "World of the Wilderlands of High Adventure" article in Adventure Games Journal #1. The World of the Wilderlands of High Adventure guidebook, containing the information presented in that article, will be available separately in a PDF file in the next few days. Remember, if you already have AGJ #1, you do NOT need the Rhadamanthia Guidebook!

Note that AGJ subscribers will get a FREE 11" x 17" version of this map with the first Campaign Installment.

Get it from DriveThruRPG

Get it from RPGNow

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:51 am 

This booklet is the sister-product of the Wilderlands of High Adventure Rhadamanthia Continental Map. The material presented herein originally appeared in the "World of the Wilderlands of High Adventure" article in Adventure Games Journal #1.

If you already have Adventure Games Journal #1, you do not need this product!

This booklet includes information on:

The Cosmology of the Wilderlands of High Adventure
The Sun, Moons, and Planetary Ring
The world of Gaia and its continents, oceans, seas, and islands
The 15 Districts of the continent of Rhadamanthia
The 18 Campaign Regions of the Wilderlands of High Adventure
Everything you need to start a continent-spanning campaign can be found in this booklet.

Note that the map of Rhadamanthia and most of the details that are listed herein were developed with Bob Bledsaw, the original designer of the Wilderlands of High Fantasy, upon which the Wilderlands of High Adventure is based. These materials are 90%+ compatible with everything Bob developed; a few names have been changed, and a few things have been added, all with Bob's blessing.

Normal retail is $6.00, but for a limited time the guidebook is available at only $3.00!

Get it at DriveThruRPG

Get it at RPGNow

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:54 pm 

Hey evrybodiez!

Dis iz Woody da Cyclopz. I is da intern at Adventshure Gamez Publishin. Da bosz iz buzy gettin ready for Gen Con, so'z I gets ta be da bosz!

I'z declarin a SALE onna PeeDeeEffs. Dey'z on salez till da bosz finds out deyz on salez. Den I getz in trubble, but I getz to blame da catz, Captain Fuzzy Buttz.

So buyz deez tings while deyz on salez. Deyz Good! Da bosz will find out eventshually...

Da Wilderlanz Book

Da BIG Wilderlanz Map

Monstahs an Treashures

Da map of da Southern Reaches (I gotz some cousinz down dere!)

An dat magazine (Da bosz keepz whippin me to finish da next one!)

Buyz dem lotz! Den if da bosz getz some moniez, he can feed me fatter goblinz! Tankz!

Woody D. Cyclopz
Intern
Adventshure Gamez Publishin

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:30 pm 

Da bosz iz still buzy werkin on wayz ta killz playahz... I meanz, karaktaz... at Gen Con, soz he toldz me to post about da Gen Con Speshul whilez I wuz onlinez on eebays lookin for My Little Poniez and da trolls wit da big fuzzy hair.

Deyz tasty, dey iz. Da poniez, I means. Da trollz iz cute. Dey remindz me of Steev and Daiviz. Mostly Daiviz.

Anywayz, herez da stats on da Gen Con Speshul for Gen Con 2008 (iz copied and pazted, datz why speling is atroshus):

2008 Wilderlands Jam
48 Pages
$12.00 MSRP
Limited Print Run: 150 units

This 48-page booklet combines three web-only offerings and one preview of an upcoming product:

Warrior-Mages of the Wilderlands
Sorcerers of the Wilderlands
Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1
Valley of the Dead Queens

The Warrior-Mages and Sorcerers articles are available on the AGP site free as part of the earlier (and now defunct) Cool Rule of the Week effort; this is likely the only time they will every be available in print. Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1 is currently available only in PDF format, though some or all of the monsters and treasures therein might be available later in a print version.

The Valley of the Dead Queens preview provides insight into the upcoming Sandbox Module line. Each region in the line will have each hex fully detailed, including lairs, hamlets, settlements, dungeons, and ruins. Hex cartography is based on the classic Judges Guild style. The preview includes maps of hexes 04:0714 and 04:0715, details of what is to be found there, and a map of the hamlet of Cragfalls, a hamlet in hex 04:0715, along with descriptions of about half the locations in the village, including background and specific individual information. The Sandbox Module Line will premiere online on DriveThruRPG and RPGNow, enabling Wilderlands fans to puchase exactly the set of hexes they wish to supplement their Wilderlands of High Adventure and Wilderlands of High Fantasy campaigns.

Units of the 2008 Wilderlands Jam that are not sold at Gen Con will be made available first to Adventure Games Journal subscribers who were unable to attend the show. Unfortunately, due to the limited numbers, we cannot offer a subscriber discount at the show or afterward (should any be available afterward).

Woody D. Cyclopz
Intern
Adventshure Gamez Publishin

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:29 pm 

:? Gah! Must see where my finances are after my vacation, may have to start selling things as it seems some good things are coming out for GenCon.

I think the one eye is affecting how you type Woody. :cyclops:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:03 pm 

Thanks Woody!
Keep an "eye out" for Woimy!
:wink:

In youth he had felt the hidden beauty and ecstasy of things, and had been a poet; but poverty and sorrow and exile had turned his gaze in darker directions, and he had thrilled at the imputations of evil in the world around.-HPL

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:59 pm 

The Wilderlands of High Adventure: Imperial Town of Tell Qa PDF is a ready-to-play town setting found in the Falling Empire of Viridistan (Wilderlands Campaign Map 4). Tell Qa includes 83 town locations complete with NPCs, ranging from taverns and inns to courtesans and moneychangers; plus details on local races and cultures, military defenses, local Mycretian cells, adventure rumors, recent history, and streets and market places, and a gorgeous yet eminently useable Judges Map of the town and a blank Players Map that the judge can hand to players exploring this last bastion of civilization of the Falling Empire.

Looking for adventure? Don't know where to start? Here's an easy method. Flip through the booklet and pick a location at random. This is where the adventure begins, in the middle of the action. Look over the description of the location and its occupants, and consider the nature of the adventurers. Perhaps the NPCs seek to employ the adventurers — they need a treasure recovered, or an enemy silenced. Maybe the adventurers seek goods or information at the establishment. If you are still stumped, pick another establishment at random, and develop a connection between the two and the adventurers. Perhaps the Grocer (#48 ) has a cart of odd goods to deliver to the Bazaar (#20), and wants to hire guards… why? What is he really delivering that needs such protection? Or maybe the adventurers start out at the Town Jail (#55) — are they prisoners, visitors, guards, or perhaps they are bounty hunters? You decide. If the adventurers start in the Slave Market, they could be slaves being auctioned off, or passers--by who see a friend or ally being sold. The possibilities are endless; just pick a location and go!

This PDF also includes 20 highly detailed NPC encounters designed specifically for use with Tell Qa.

Imperial Town of Tell Qa is designed to be used with the upcoming Valley of the Dead Queens Sandbox Module Series, as well as the forthcoming Environs of Tell Qa Wilderness Series. The whole can be combined into a massive campaign that provides countless hours of adventure!

Note: The information presented in this PDF is available in print form in the 2007 Free RPG Day product Imperial Town of Tell Qa: Northern Bastion of the Falling Empire (out of print), and the 2007 Gen Con Special: XXXI (still available in limited quantities). If you have either of those products, you already have all the material presented herein.

The PDF version of this product clocks in at 36 pages and has retails at $9.00.

Click here to get it on DriveThruRPG.com

Click here to get it on RPGNow.com

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:44 pm 

The 2008 Wilderlands Jam has finally returned home after a great journey through gamers, Arkansas, and a hurricane. It is now available for purchase!

This 48-page booklet combines three web-only offerings and one preview of an upcoming product:

Warrior-Mages of the Wilderlands
Sorcerers of the Wilderlands
Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1
The Valley of the Dead Queens

The Warrior-Mages of the Wilderlands and Sorcerers of the Wilderlands articles are available on the AGP site free as part of the earlier (and now defunct) Cool Rule of the Week effort; this is likely the only time they will ever be available in print. Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1 is currently available only in PDF format, though some or all of the monsters and treasures therein might be available later in a print version.

The Valley of the Dead Queens preview provides insight into the upcoming Sandbox Module line. Each region in the line will have each hex fully detailed, including lairs, hamlets, settlements, dungeons, and ruins. Hex cartography is based on the classic Judges Guild style. The preview includes maps of hexes 04:0714 and 04:0715, details of what is to be found there, and a map of the hamlet of Cragfalls, a hamlet in hex 04:0715, along with descriptions of about half the locations in the village, including background and specific individual information. The Sandbox Module Line will premiere online on DriveThruRPG and RPGNow, enabling Wilderlands fans to puchase exactly the set of hexes they wish to supplement their Wilderlands of High Adventure and Wilderlands of High Fantasy campaigns.

The 2008 Wilderlands Jam weighs in at 48 pages and retails at $12 plus $4 for shipping and handling (US; $8 shipping and handling for Europe and Australia; other international customers please inquire after shipping costs).

The 2008 Wilderlands Jam is available as long as supplies last. The 2008 Wilderlands Jam is limited to 150 copies; once sold out, it is gone forever!

Click here to order the 2008 Wilderlands Jam!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:56 pm 

I am now completely lost as to what is published and what is not. I did begin to collect printed works, and would also buy PDFs, but the constant republishing of already released materials in 'lite' cut down form or rehashed re-released in a new book form has completely ruined the product line for me.

Deleting products really quickly is not a good idea when most of your buyers are collectors. There is also no definitive list or anything coherent about what is being published, so I'm out of collecting this line of JG stuff untill someone catalogues it and puts up a website.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:40 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I am now completely lost as to what is published and what is not. I did begin to collect printed works, and would also buy PDFs, but the constant republishing of already released materials in 'lite' cut down form or rehashed re-released in a new book form has completely ruined the product line for me.

None of these have been printed before.  With a few exceptions, I am a print-only guy.  I welcome this release.

Deleting products really quickly is not a good idea when most of your buyers are collectors.

Limited print-runs aren't a bad thing.  They encourage a purchase soon after release rather than a year or two down the road, if ever.  Printing 1000 copies of this doesn't make much sense.

There is also no definitive list or anything coherent about what is being published, so I'm out of collecting this line of JG stuff untill someone catalogues it and puts up a website.

The AGP stuff is on the JG subweb.  Are the PDFs there, too?

A chart of what is PDF, website, and print would be useful.

Ummm . . . aren't these games supposed to be fun?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:24 pm 

Yeah I have to do an update this weekend for this new item (hopefully with a scan if I get it by Saturday) and the PDFs.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I am now completely lost as to what is published and what is not. I did begin to collect printed works, and would also buy PDFs, but the constant republishing of already released materials in 'lite' cut down form or rehashed re-released in a new book form has completely ruined the product line for me.

Sorry about all the confusion. When I release some things in PDF, I got people wanting things in print instead; when I released some things in print, I got people who wanted PDF instead...

Originally, I wanted to have the Southern Reaches Gazetteer for Gen Con (and for my subscribers...) but the timing was not to be. So, rather than have nothing new for Gen Con, I figured I'd answer the calls of some folks who wanted some PDFs in print; so we brought together three PDF-only products and threw in a preview of an upcoming PDF product.

This is the last Limited-Edition Gen Con product, BTW; the limited nature does not help sales, I've found. You can surmise that from the fact that there are plenty left to sell afterward.

There will be a BIG release at next year's Gen Con, that I will say, but it won't be a Gen Con exclusive.

Deleting products really quickly is not a good idea when most of your buyers are collectors. There is also no definitive list or anything coherent about what is being published, so I'm out of collecting this line of JG stuff untill someone catalogues it and puts up a website.

While Plaag has done an excellent job with what has been released so far, I have been remiss in getting him the information in time so he can get it all listed right away. My bad on that.

I have also built a complete list of all AGP products; Click here to check out the product list. It includes print and PDF products.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:17 pm 

Hi James,

If I can give some constructive feedback on the whole pdf/print thing.

I'm not going to buy anything on PDF, at least not from DriveThru or RPGNow.  I seem to recall something about one or both having some sort of security breach in the past and losing or exposing customer credit info.  So right there if you insist on putting out some items as PDFs only (which I have no problem with), then make it an option to buy it directly from you via PayPal.

The other problem I have with the current situation is I don't like paying for something, and then someone thinking it is a good idea to watermark the document with my name or other identifying mark or otherwise DRM the thing.  Yes piracy and such may be a problem, but in all politeness and honesty it is not my problem ...I'm actually one of the guys who would like to pay for the thing so why I am I being saddled with all the this DRM baggage?

For the above reasons I am primarily a print-only guy as well.   I pay with tangible money (not PDF money) and I get a tangible product in return.  I'm already subscribing to the AGP Journal (where is that BTW :) ) and anything else you care to print I will likely buy.  That being said PDFs have their utility if you might actually use the material at some point.  If a customer is buying the print version, why not offer them the PDF bundled at a slightly higher price?  So for example this Wilderlands Jam is $12, so offer the print+pdf (minus any DRM nonsense) for $18-$20 as an experiment and see if that improves your bottom line a bit.  You can still offer them separately at the regular price for those only wanting one or the other or not wanting to pay the slightly higher bundle price.

Anyways i'll plunk my cash on the barrel head for the 2008 Wilderlands Jam because as I mentioned I've been taking a pass on the PDF only releases to this point, and this is going to be a chance to get that material.

Cheers!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:04 pm 

Barbarians of the Wilderlands 1 features an alternative barbarian class for Castles & Crusades; tips on how to work both the original barbarian class (renamed "savage warrior") and the barbarian in together in urban and rural civilizations; plus listing and details on the major barbarian nations of the Wilderlands. If you prefer a barbarian class based on classic pulp Sword & Sorcery themes, this is the class you have been looking for...

The new barbarian class abilities include:

• Native Arms & Armor
• Primal Rage
• Resilience
• Savage Glory
• Sixth Sense
• Tribal Abilities (Animal Handling, Armor Maker, Battle Cry, Berserkergang, Bowyer, Canoeing, Demon Slayer, Fast Movement, First Aid, Horsemanship, Horse Warrior, Jumping, Languages, Master Armor Maker, Master Bowyer, Master Weapon Smith, Runes, Running, Savage Horde, Savage Retainers, Scale, Seamanship, Signaling, Sound Imitation, Swimming, Weapon Smith, Wilderness Abilities, and Wizard Slayer)
• Versatility

Versatility is the great ability of the barbarian, as it enables him to learn the skills and abilities he needs to operate, excel, and conquer in the decadent realms of civilization.

The new barbarian class can be used with any Castles & Crusades campaign!

Plus, this PDF also includes details on nine barbarian nations of the Wilderlands of High Adventure:

• Altanians
• Amazons
• Karakhans
• Karzulun
• Mgona
• Moonrakers
• Skandiks
• Tharbrians
• Valonar

NOTE: The alternative barbarian class will NOT be used in other AGP products; all alternatives are to be used solely at the Judge's discretion, and I'm not going to force a Judge to buy this PDF product just to use all the other Wilderlands products. So if you play in the Wilderlands but are not into alternative classes, you don't need this PDF.

Barbarians of the Wilderlands 1 weighs in at 20 pages and retails at $4.00.

Click here to buy it on DriveThruRPG

Click here to buy it on RPGNow

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:17 pm 

Islestrike,

You've got some interesting ideas there, but I'd already decided agaisnt most of them already for several reasons.

First, selling PDFs directly is way too much work; I'm a one-man shop, and any time dealing with sales issue means I'm not writing. Along with that is watermarking... piracy is a reality, and it's the only way to deal with it right now, until they start putting pirate's heads on pikes, literally, to show others that it just shouldn't be done. So until then, watermarking is the way it is done... I don't have any DRM limits on my PDFs, AFAIK.

With bundling, it's just an issue of no good way to do that with selling PDFs only through DTRPG/RPGNow (and others, when I get set up there).

I've taken the PDF route for two major reasons. One, it gives international customers a way to buy a product without having to pay huge shipping fees (which I can't eat, so they gotta pay). Two, it gives me a chance to try out various product ideas without investing in getting things printed, and without getting all sorts of art commissioned to do a full-fledges print product. For example, eventually, if the PDFs are successful, I will do a hardcover Monsters & Treasure of the Wilderlands. There's absolutely no way I could do that in one shot now! PDF sales show me what kinds of thing sell, and what does not, giving me some idea on what I might want to take a chance on with print. Plus, it keeps the cash flow going while working on bigger products, such as the Gazetteers.

As to the status of the subscriptions... Campaign Installment #1: Southern Reaches Judges Guide (the judges portion of the Southern Reaches Gazetteer) and all should be going to press at the end of the month, or thereabouts. As I'm so behind on getting that out, all subscribers are going to get the full gazetteer rather than just the Judges Guide and the map; this includes the 24-page Players Booklet and the 24-page Encounter Guide, as well as the full-color wraparound cover (like the old Mystara Gazetteers). Again, that should all go to press at the end of the month (though as a subscribe, you should already have the map).

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:44 am 

List and descriptions hopefully current and now posted on the Booty List Here

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:31 pm 

Aendryth's Eldritch Compendium is the title of a thick black tome of spells arcane, unusual formulae, and strange magic items developed and written by a mighty wizard known as Aendryth the Eldritch Wizard, or simply, "The Eldritch," who knew great renown some decades ago. Hounded by his former arcane master, Aendryth has not been seen in civilized lands for nearly 20 years. Some say he lives today as a hermit, others claim to see him now and again in disguise in far-distant ports. While many have attempted to adapt his works in that time, most have failed to capture the artistry with which he wove these spells. His friends and well-wishers hope that someday he will return.

The tome contains the Eldritch Wizard's unique spells, as well as formulae for creating magic items and potions using the vitreous humor and other body parts of the prysmal eye, a creature of much interest to the Eldritch Wizard. The tome contains the following spells and formulae:

SPELLS
Aendryth's Volley (Level 6 wizard)
Blood Childe (Level 6 wizard)
Body and Soul (Level 9 wizard)
Chirurgeon ex Nihilo (Level 7 wizard)
More (Level 4 wizard)
No Time for Pain (Level 2 wizard)
Summon Mother Scarlett (Level 6 wizard)
Swarm of Eyes Arcane (Level 6 wizard)
Temple of Love (Level 8 wizard)
Unseen Archer (Level 2 wizard)
Walk Away (Level 1 wizard)
Wave of Corrosion (Level 3 wizard)

POTIONS & MAGIC ITEMS
Potion of Disjunction
Potion of Enervation
Potion of Foresight
Potion of Harm
Potion of Improved Flight
Potion of Improved Polymorph
Potion of Prismatic Potency
Potion of Telepathy
Potion of Teleportation
Potion of Undead Mastery
Prysmal Armor

Designed and approved for use with Castles & Crusades, Aendryth's Eldritch Compendium adds a mix of new, interesting, and potent spells to a Wilderlands of High Fantasy campaign or any other campaign setting.

24 spells, potions, and items in 10 pages, all for $2.50. Buy it now at:

DriveThruRPG.com

RPGNow.com

PreviousNext