AGP Announcements and Updates
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:22 pm 

Badmike wrote:Not that the creatures are just so weak...it's just (IIRC) there's practically NOTHING in the mine until the lowest level.

I can't imagine anything more boring than mapping out level after level of the mine...with nothing happening.  Given that, there is a LOT of room for DM expansion.  I'd probably populate the upper levels with some servants of the demon on the bottom level....they could even be dretch or goblins or something similar, as long as their constant attacks  slowly wore the party down and drained some of their spells and magic.  Because no threats on the upper levels mean the characters are going to march into the big baddie's lair fully loaded...can't have that happening!!!

Mike B.

My personal favorite for mines is two-headed trolls living beside subteranean lakes and streams.  I love those things.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:33 pm 

FormCritic wrote:...so GHDM is still a useable mine of ideas

*rimshot*

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:47 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:*rimshot*

I didn't even notice the pun!   :x

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:45 pm 

Now available at DriveThruRPG and RPGNow!

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_i ... s_id=56876

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... =FrontPage

The PDF can be printed, and you can copy and paste from it. Or you should be able to... let me know if there are any problems!

Subscribers, before you buy the PDF be sure to contact me at the Super Secret Subscriber E-mail address to receive your Subscriber Discount Coupon!

The Rhadamanthia Map should follow soon, then the Southern Reaches map...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:09 am 

jamesmishler wrote:Now available at DriveThruRPG and RPGNow!

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_i ... s_id=56876

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... =FrontPage

The PDF can be printed, and you can copy and paste from it. Or you should be able to... let me know if there are any problems!

Subscribers, before you buy the PDF be sure to contact me at the Super Secret Subscriber E-mail address to receive your Subscriber Discount Coupon!

The Rhadamanthia Map should follow soon, then the Southern Reaches map...

Either of them give you a better cut?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:31 am 

Busman wrote:Either of them give you a better cut?

Nope, actually they are the same company, run by OneBookShelf, so the cut is the same either way.

Thanks for considering that, though!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:31 am 

james

whats happening with the instalments now? dont seem to have had anything for a while?

best

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:22 am 

Heya Al,

Answers are in an e-mail I just sent out to all subscribers. It contains news and other information, including how to get the subscriber discount on the PDF of AGJ #1.

If you don't get the e-mail, please let me know!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:20 pm 

Adventure Games Publishing is pleased to announce the release of our first direct-to-PDF product, Monsters & Treasure of the Wilderlands 1, now available on DriveThruRPG.com and RPGNow.com.

Monsters & Treasure of the Wilderlands 1
Over time players become complacent, sure in the knowledge that they have encountered every creature in the book and catalogued all treasures to be found. They won't be so certain when the judge pulls out a new book of 16 pages of monsters and treasures that they've never seen before!

Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1 includes 16 new monsters designed for use with Castles & Crusades and the Wilderlands of High Adventure Campaign Setting. Running the gamut from pesky 1 HD faeries to fallen 15 HD demi-gods, each monster includes details on ecology and society, powers and treasures. Some are hauntingly familiar, just enough so as to trip up the unwary adventurer, while others are entirely new and created from whole cloth. Though designed for use in the Wilderlands, every monster can find a home elsewhere, and is easily adapted into just about any fantasy campaign setting.

Also included are 16 new treasures, ranging from the least bauble to great and potent (and usually, most dire) relics. Each is tied to the Wilderlands, adding more detail to your Wilderlands campaign, though the histories can readily be altered to suit any campaign.

Monster List
Angrasinamru (Peacock Devil) [15 HD]
Bat, Giant Vampire [2 HD]
Cat, Saber-Toothed Tiger [7 HD]
Centipede, Giant Wooly [6 HD]
Gorgosphinx [12 HD]
Gourandrouni (Demon Hog) [4 HD]
Gràdhcronaím (Lost Love Fey) [6 HD]
Grue (Shadow Elemental) [9 HD]
Hound of Hades [6 HD]
Imp, Chasm [2 HD]
Malicorn (Dread Goat) [2 HD]
Moppet, Witch's (Devil Doll) [3 HD]
Sloughree (Wind Howler) [10 HD]
Sprite, Cràigeanetlagh (Flying Frog Faerie) [1 HD]
Szaltys (Lucky Snake) [1 HD]
Teknatzou (Cavern Crone) [5 HD]

TREASURE LIST
Abacus of Instant Calculation
Beggar's Bindlestick
Blade Belligerence, The
Dagger Divine, The
Demon-Die of the Mandarin-Lords
Dragon Shield
Gwyndolyn's Mail
Hag's Eye
Icon of the Bloodstained God
Maed's Walkin' Hat
Peasant Talisman
Potion of Partial Polymorph
Power Pearls
Rune of Protection
Wand of the Toad Prince
Zudnak's Finger

James

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:53 pm 

The Rhadamanthia Continental Map is now available in PDF format on DriveThruRPG and RPGNow!

This 17" by 22" map depicts the continent of Rhadamanthia, upon which the Wilderlands of High Fantasy are found. The Wilderlands is merely one of 15 large districts of Rhadamanthia, each District divided into 18 Campaign Regions.

The 15 Districts of Rhadamanthia are:

Northern: The Great Lakes, the Frozen Lands, Valonaria, Vanaraya, and the Tempest Lands.

Central: The Giant Lands, the Infinite Desert, the Wilderlands of High Adventure, Western Karak, and Eastern Karak.

Southern: The Lesser Horned Empire, the Greater Horned Empire, the Demon Empire, the Demon Seas, and the Infinite Islands.

Each District and each of the Campaign Regions of Rhadamanthia are described in the "World of the Wilderlands of High Adventure" article in Adventure Games Journal #1. The World of the Wilderlands of High Adventure guidebook, containing the information presented in that article, will be available separately in a PDF file in the next few days. Remember, if you already have AGJ #1, you do NOT need the Rhadamanthia Guidebook!

Note that AGJ subscribers will get a FREE 11" x 17" version of this map with the first Campaign Installment.

Get it from DriveThruRPG

Get it from RPGNow

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:51 am 

This booklet is the sister-product of the Wilderlands of High Adventure Rhadamanthia Continental Map. The material presented herein originally appeared in the "World of the Wilderlands of High Adventure" article in Adventure Games Journal #1.

If you already have Adventure Games Journal #1, you do not need this product!

This booklet includes information on:

The Cosmology of the Wilderlands of High Adventure
The Sun, Moons, and Planetary Ring
The world of Gaia and its continents, oceans, seas, and islands
The 15 Districts of the continent of Rhadamanthia
The 18 Campaign Regions of the Wilderlands of High Adventure
Everything you need to start a continent-spanning campaign can be found in this booklet.

Note that the map of Rhadamanthia and most of the details that are listed herein were developed with Bob Bledsaw, the original designer of the Wilderlands of High Fantasy, upon which the Wilderlands of High Adventure is based. These materials are 90%+ compatible with everything Bob developed; a few names have been changed, and a few things have been added, all with Bob's blessing.

Normal retail is $6.00, but for a limited time the guidebook is available at only $3.00!

Get it at DriveThruRPG

Get it at RPGNow

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:54 pm 

Hey evrybodiez!

Dis iz Woody da Cyclopz. I is da intern at Adventshure Gamez Publishin. Da bosz iz buzy gettin ready for Gen Con, so'z I gets ta be da bosz!

I'z declarin a SALE onna PeeDeeEffs. Dey'z on salez till da bosz finds out deyz on salez. Den I getz in trubble, but I getz to blame da catz, Captain Fuzzy Buttz.

So buyz deez tings while deyz on salez. Deyz Good! Da bosz will find out eventshually...

Da Wilderlanz Book

Da BIG Wilderlanz Map

Monstahs an Treashures

Da map of da Southern Reaches (I gotz some cousinz down dere!)

An dat magazine (Da bosz keepz whippin me to finish da next one!)

Buyz dem lotz! Den if da bosz getz some moniez, he can feed me fatter goblinz! Tankz!

Woody D. Cyclopz
Intern
Adventshure Gamez Publishin

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:30 pm 

Da bosz iz still buzy werkin on wayz ta killz playahz... I meanz, karaktaz... at Gen Con, soz he toldz me to post about da Gen Con Speshul whilez I wuz onlinez on eebays lookin for My Little Poniez and da trolls wit da big fuzzy hair.

Deyz tasty, dey iz. Da poniez, I means. Da trollz iz cute. Dey remindz me of Steev and Daiviz. Mostly Daiviz.

Anywayz, herez da stats on da Gen Con Speshul for Gen Con 2008 (iz copied and pazted, datz why speling is atroshus):

2008 Wilderlands Jam
48 Pages
$12.00 MSRP
Limited Print Run: 150 units

This 48-page booklet combines three web-only offerings and one preview of an upcoming product:

Warrior-Mages of the Wilderlands
Sorcerers of the Wilderlands
Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1
Valley of the Dead Queens

The Warrior-Mages and Sorcerers articles are available on the AGP site free as part of the earlier (and now defunct) Cool Rule of the Week effort; this is likely the only time they will every be available in print. Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1 is currently available only in PDF format, though some or all of the monsters and treasures therein might be available later in a print version.

The Valley of the Dead Queens preview provides insight into the upcoming Sandbox Module line. Each region in the line will have each hex fully detailed, including lairs, hamlets, settlements, dungeons, and ruins. Hex cartography is based on the classic Judges Guild style. The preview includes maps of hexes 04:0714 and 04:0715, details of what is to be found there, and a map of the hamlet of Cragfalls, a hamlet in hex 04:0715, along with descriptions of about half the locations in the village, including background and specific individual information. The Sandbox Module Line will premiere online on DriveThruRPG and RPGNow, enabling Wilderlands fans to puchase exactly the set of hexes they wish to supplement their Wilderlands of High Adventure and Wilderlands of High Fantasy campaigns.

Units of the 2008 Wilderlands Jam that are not sold at Gen Con will be made available first to Adventure Games Journal subscribers who were unable to attend the show. Unfortunately, due to the limited numbers, we cannot offer a subscriber discount at the show or afterward (should any be available afterward).

Woody D. Cyclopz
Intern
Adventshure Gamez Publishin

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:29 pm 

:? Gah! Must see where my finances are after my vacation, may have to start selling things as it seems some good things are coming out for GenCon.

I think the one eye is affecting how you type Woody. :cyclops:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:03 pm 

Thanks Woody!
Keep an "eye out" for Woimy!
:wink:

In youth he had felt the hidden beauty and ecstasy of things, and had been a poet; but poverty and sorrow and exile had turned his gaze in darker directions, and he had thrilled at the imputations of evil in the world around.-HPL

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:59 pm 

The Wilderlands of High Adventure: Imperial Town of Tell Qa PDF is a ready-to-play town setting found in the Falling Empire of Viridistan (Wilderlands Campaign Map 4). Tell Qa includes 83 town locations complete with NPCs, ranging from taverns and inns to courtesans and moneychangers; plus details on local races and cultures, military defenses, local Mycretian cells, adventure rumors, recent history, and streets and market places, and a gorgeous yet eminently useable Judges Map of the town and a blank Players Map that the judge can hand to players exploring this last bastion of civilization of the Falling Empire.

Looking for adventure? Don't know where to start? Here's an easy method. Flip through the booklet and pick a location at random. This is where the adventure begins, in the middle of the action. Look over the description of the location and its occupants, and consider the nature of the adventurers. Perhaps the NPCs seek to employ the adventurers — they need a treasure recovered, or an enemy silenced. Maybe the adventurers seek goods or information at the establishment. If you are still stumped, pick another establishment at random, and develop a connection between the two and the adventurers. Perhaps the Grocer (#48 ) has a cart of odd goods to deliver to the Bazaar (#20), and wants to hire guards… why? What is he really delivering that needs such protection? Or maybe the adventurers start out at the Town Jail (#55) — are they prisoners, visitors, guards, or perhaps they are bounty hunters? You decide. If the adventurers start in the Slave Market, they could be slaves being auctioned off, or passers--by who see a friend or ally being sold. The possibilities are endless; just pick a location and go!

This PDF also includes 20 highly detailed NPC encounters designed specifically for use with Tell Qa.

Imperial Town of Tell Qa is designed to be used with the upcoming Valley of the Dead Queens Sandbox Module Series, as well as the forthcoming Environs of Tell Qa Wilderness Series. The whole can be combined into a massive campaign that provides countless hours of adventure!

Note: The information presented in this PDF is available in print form in the 2007 Free RPG Day product Imperial Town of Tell Qa: Northern Bastion of the Falling Empire (out of print), and the 2007 Gen Con Special: XXXI (still available in limited quantities). If you have either of those products, you already have all the material presented herein.

The PDF version of this product clocks in at 36 pages and has retails at $9.00.

Click here to get it on DriveThruRPG.com

Click here to get it on RPGNow.com

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:44 pm 

The 2008 Wilderlands Jam has finally returned home after a great journey through gamers, Arkansas, and a hurricane. It is now available for purchase!

This 48-page booklet combines three web-only offerings and one preview of an upcoming product:

Warrior-Mages of the Wilderlands
Sorcerers of the Wilderlands
Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1
The Valley of the Dead Queens

The Warrior-Mages of the Wilderlands and Sorcerers of the Wilderlands articles are available on the AGP site free as part of the earlier (and now defunct) Cool Rule of the Week effort; this is likely the only time they will ever be available in print. Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1 is currently available only in PDF format, though some or all of the monsters and treasures therein might be available later in a print version.

The Valley of the Dead Queens preview provides insight into the upcoming Sandbox Module line. Each region in the line will have each hex fully detailed, including lairs, hamlets, settlements, dungeons, and ruins. Hex cartography is based on the classic Judges Guild style. The preview includes maps of hexes 04:0714 and 04:0715, details of what is to be found there, and a map of the hamlet of Cragfalls, a hamlet in hex 04:0715, along with descriptions of about half the locations in the village, including background and specific individual information. The Sandbox Module Line will premiere online on DriveThruRPG and RPGNow, enabling Wilderlands fans to puchase exactly the set of hexes they wish to supplement their Wilderlands of High Adventure and Wilderlands of High Fantasy campaigns.

The 2008 Wilderlands Jam weighs in at 48 pages and retails at $12 plus $4 for shipping and handling (US; $8 shipping and handling for Europe and Australia; other international customers please inquire after shipping costs).

The 2008 Wilderlands Jam is available as long as supplies last. The 2008 Wilderlands Jam is limited to 150 copies; once sold out, it is gone forever!

Click here to order the 2008 Wilderlands Jam!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:56 pm 

I am now completely lost as to what is published and what is not. I did begin to collect printed works, and would also buy PDFs, but the constant republishing of already released materials in 'lite' cut down form or rehashed re-released in a new book form has completely ruined the product line for me.

Deleting products really quickly is not a good idea when most of your buyers are collectors. There is also no definitive list or anything coherent about what is being published, so I'm out of collecting this line of JG stuff untill someone catalogues it and puts up a website.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

PreviousNext