AGP Announcements and Updates
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:56 am 

awesome stuff james!

"OTHER" companies have a lot to learn from what youre doing.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:24 pm 

Really good stuff James.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:25 pm 

So, when can we expect our next issue?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:52 am 

leadjunkie wrote:So, when can we expect our next issue?

Well, I had hoped to have Campaign Installment #1 done last week; that didn't happen for various reasons, so I'm hoping this week.

Next week start on Journal #2, and done by the end of the month.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:23 pm 

*grins*  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:39 pm 

Another FREE Cool Rule of the Week is up. This one is about the fighter/wizard multi-class in Castles & Crusades. This rule is for this week and next; I hope to finish up the Southern Reaches book in that time...

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:41 pm 

Another fine example of your work James.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:45 pm 

Any update on the next issue's release?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:06 pm 

AGP Announces Player's Guide to the Wilderlands Revised Editions

IOLA, WI -- April 2, 2008 — Adventure Games Publishing, publishers of Wilderlands of High Adventureâ„¢ products for the Castles & Crusades® role-playing game, is pleased to announce the release of revised editions of the Player's Guide to the Wilderlands of High Fantasy. The Player's Guide to the Wilderlands included the core rules and information for fans to adventure in the Wilderlands of High Fantasy, and has been out of print for some time. The new revised editions will enable fans new and old to enjoy the Wilderlands using their favorite role playing game.

"The Wilderlands of High Fantasy is the classic sword and sorcery role-playing game campaign setting," said James Mishler, President of Adventure Games Publishing. "The core rules needed to play in the setting should always be in print and available to the fans. With the new revised editions we will be able to provide the material needed to maximize fans' enjoyment of the setting with their favorite fantasy role-playing game system."

The material from the original Player's Guide to the Wilderlands, published by Necromancer Games under license from Judges Guild, will be divided into three 48-page booklets. The first on the schedule is the Player's Guide to Races & Classes, designed for use with the OGL for the Revised 3rd Edition. Races & Classes includes all the rules details and extensive information on Wilderlands-specific races, classes, prestige classes, skills, feats, and equipment. Soon to follow will be the Player's Guide to the City States, a gazetteer filled with details on the history and geography, city states and settlements as the players would know it. Finally, the Judge's Guide to Monsters & Treasure includes all the new monsters and treasures of the Wilderlands, designed for use with the OGL for the Revised 3rd Edition, for judges to use in their campaigns.

Each book not only includes revised materials and information from the original, but also new material, including additional races, information, monsters, and treasures not included in the original Player's Guide to the Wilderlands. After the first three books are released, a second series, designed for use with the parallel world of the Wilderlands of High Adventure and designed for use with Castles & Crusades, will follow. Plans are also in the works to support the Wilderlands of High Fantasy with further Player's Guides when 4th Edition is open for use by third parties.

More information on these products will be available in the next few weeks on the Adventure Games Publishing website at www.adventuregamespubs.com.

About Adventure Games Publishing
Iola, Wisconsin-based Adventure Games Publishing publishes the Wilderlands of High Adventure, designed and approved for use with Castles & Crusades. Adventure Games Publishing plans to support many disparate role-playing game systems and settings in the pages of Adventure Games Journal, and with licensed adventure modules and sourcebooks. For additional information, visit www.adventuregamespubs.com.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:25 pm 

Interesting..probably a good time since the Players Guide is harder to come by.  Shall await more information when you post it.  You going to do anything with the Piazo's Pathfinder RPG?

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:33 pm 

Plaag wrote:You going to do anything with the Piazo's Pathfinder RPG?

Dunno yet. I'm very intrigued by it and the possibilities thereof. We'll have to see more as the situation develops... I like Paizo's Pathfinder products, and the RPG Alpha looks to have some potential. We'll see how the chatter goes leading into the Beta release at Gen Con. With the final release not till Gen Con 2009, there's some time yet for consideration.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:43 am 

I've gotten some comments from folks about the PGW that there are things that "definitely needed to be fixed."

If you have something that you've found in the PGW that you feel definitely needs fixing, list it here. If it is a simple typo or other editorial error, no problem. Other things will be fixed as able...

Note: I plan to turn the MS for the Races & Classes book over to Bob and his son for approval on Sunday afternoon, so get your comments in quickly!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:44 am 

Oh, what is that I see on the AGP site, a small nugget of mappy goodness :D

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:06 am 

A very small nugget of mappy goodness. I'm hoping to see the semi-final tomorrow... then maybe a not-so-very-small preview...

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:35 pm 

Guess what I got to see??? Well some pretty interesting stuff, but a certain mappy goodness in full mappy glory (but not the final draft so don't go begging James for one right now)

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:38 pm 

So is the AGJ and Campaign Installment turning out to be a quarterly release or what? Some kind of update would really be appreciated.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:02 pm 

Phaedran wrote:So is the AGJ and Campaign Installment turning out to be a quarterly release or what? Some kind of update would really be appreciated.

As usual when I try to announce dates and timing, things seem to interfere; just when I think the worst is past, I am proven wrong. The last several months have been most trying.

Here's a bit of a status report:

The Player's Guide to the Wilderlands releases are now on hold, pending a new approvals process. Everything that is Wilderlands of High Fantasy had to be approved by Bob. Once Bob Jr is ready, we'll set up a new system. It will be several weeks for that.

As the WoHF PGs are on hold, the plan is to now finish up the WoHA PG: Southern Reaches (aka Campaign Installment #1). WoHA products do not require approvals, so once complete, off to layout and then printing.

After that, AGJ #2, which has been planned out now for far too long...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:42 pm 

I just wanted to drop a quick "Thanks!" for my own portion of the small mappy goodness. Very nicely packaged and a quick response and mailing.

Thanks again, James!

PreviousNext