AGP Announcements and Updates
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:33 pm 

Everything that is going to be on sale, is now on sale! The only PDFs that are not on sale are the four that have premiered since the start of the sale.

Prices will never be this low again! I can guarantee you that! So if you have been delaying getting these, get them now.

Click here to go to the Adventure Games Publishing page on DriveThruRPG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:46 pm 

jamesmishler wrote:Everything that is going to be on sale, is now on sale! The only PDFs that are not on sale are the four that have premiered since the start of the sale.

Prices will never be this low again! I can guarantee you that! So if you have been delaying getting these, get them now.

Click here to go to the Adventure Games Publishing page on DriveThruRPG.

How long is the sale, James?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:55 pm 

D'oh! Sorry, thought I'd posted that here...

Sale ends Friday, July 10th, the day of the wedding. When exactly depends on when I can get to the computer and change all the prices; it might be before the wedding, it might be after; after all, I am the groom, and will be rather busy. Heck, it might not be till Saturday or even Sunday!

But don't count on it lasting longer than sometime Friday morning maybe...

Er, that said, if people are waiting till Friday for payday, let me know and I'll be sure to keep the sale open till early Saturday for sure.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:57 pm 

One quirk I've noticed on RPGNow and DriveThruRPG is that people tend to have sales that last until the end of the month.

So, they'll make the sale last (for instance) until June 30th.

But they announed the big sale on June 15th...halfway through the month when people have way less disposable cash.

Why not make the sale end...say...July 10th, and catch the part of the month when people get their paychecks?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:06 pm 

100 More Calamitous Curses follows the original 100 Calamitous Curses product with 100 new unusual and interesting curses the Castles & Crusades Castle Keeper can use in his campaign. These can be bestowed upon player characters through mischance and misfortune or used by player character clerics and wizards on hapless non-player enemies. While designed for use with Castles & Crusades, the curses are easily adapted to any fantasy role-playing game system.

Few of these curses are of the immediately deadly sort, save perhaps to 1st level characters; they are all designed to fall within the parameters set by the bestow curse spell, the reverse of the remove curse spell which is useable as a 3rd level clerical spell or 4th level wizard spell.

Examples of curses include:

#16: Curse of the Noxious Noma: The accursed one's face begins to rot away, with all flesh from the ears forward sloughing off horribly over a number of days equal to the accursed one's Charisma. Every other day of the rotting process he gains a penalty of -1 to any Charisma attribute or ability check or saving throw, to a maximum penalty of 1/2 his Charisma rounded up. As the lips and cheeks are very important in proper speech, the accursed one also develops a severe speech impediment. If the accursed one seeks to convey anything complex, or must cast a spell that requires a verbal component, he must make a level-based Intelligence check with a CL equal to the Charisma penalty, or he fails to convey his meaning/the spell fails. Though it is a painful process, unlike real sufferers of noma, the accursed one does not thereafter die; he lives on with his face rotted away.

#30: Curse of Piratical Preoccupation: The accursed one believes himself to be a pirate of the high seas. He speaks only using pirate speak (and now knows it and its intricacies, even if utterly unfamiliar with it before), refuses to do anything else until he is dressed as a pirate and has his equipment stored in a sea chest, seeks out a parrot to wear upon his shoulder and a jug of rum to carry at his belt, and once thusly prepared, makes with all haste to the nearest pirate haven, there to find a ship on which to serve as a pirate. Once upon a pirate ship, he will seem to be the best pirate known to history or legend, able to do feats that others only ever dream (leap from mast to mast, fight sharks bare-handed, etc.). His first goal thereafter is to work the men into frenzy to follow him as their captain, mutiny against the true captain, and then lead the pirate ship into glory, hunting the largest and best-defended prize ship known to sail the seas. Once the pirate ship is engaged in battle with the defenders of the prize, the accursed one forgets everything that happened to him from the moment he became accursed, and in addition, forgets how to swim.

#52: Curse of the Danse Macabre: All creatures the accursed one slays rise 24 hours later as skeletons and zombies; these undead never attack, even to defend themselves, for if destroyed, they simply rise again 1d10 minutes later. They reconstitute even if burned, though if disintegrated, they are destroyed permanently. They dance and pirouette, cavort and sashay, slowly but surely making their way toward the accursed one, and when they arrive at the accursed one's location, they dance continual circle around him, calling out his name with their dead voices. If he flees, they follow, forming a long conga line of death and undeath.

#98: Curse of Rider's Ruin: Whenever the accursed one rides a horse, donkey, camel, elephant, or similar mount, or uses such to draw a wagon, cart, or other vehicle in which he rides, upon the accursed one dismounting from the steed or disembarking the vehicle, the creature(s) must make a Physical saving throw or die on the spot.

Rules for removing curses and details for including cursed scrolls in treasure troves are also included.

100 More Calamitous Curses is a 15-page PDF including 100 curses for only $3.00.

Buy it now at DriveThruRPG

Buy it now at RPGNow

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:58 pm 

Adventure Games Publishing presents the fourth in a series of new monsters for the Castles & Crusades Castle Keeper to populate his dungeons and wilderness. Each installment of the Monstrous Menaces series presents three new monsters for a mere dollar, eminently affordable in today's economy.

The fourth installment, Monstrous Menaces #4: Hribixul, Memnech, and Quasi-Dragon, presents the Castle Keeper with a 7 HD Magical Beast, a 5 HD Extraplanar Being, and a 1 to 12 HD Magical Beast. Each entry includes complete listings for the monster's description, organization, ecology, treasure, range, and special abilities.

Hribixul
A hribixul is a creature born of madness, a distant cousin of the chimera — it has the forequarters of a sabertooth tiger, the hindquarters of a llama, two long giant serpent tails, and three heads: sabertooth tiger, llama, and giant serpent. It stands as tall as a warhorse, and the serpent tails are each 15 feet long and can operate independently. The large sabertooth tiger head is central, with the llama and serpent heads to each flank. Though smaller and lighter than a chimera, they are utterly inimical to their distant cousins, and attack each other on sight.

Memnech
Memnech, also known as "Blades of Vengeance," are beings from a distant planar sphere of order and balance. They hire out to various deities as mercenaries, but only for missions where the deity is avenging him or herself on heretics, schismatics, blasphemers, desecrators of temples, and the like, never for conquest or to fight in the deity's other battles. The price is always paid in jewelry, which memnech often wear on their missions.

Memnech take the form of tall, muscular, hairless male and female humans with four arms and glowing eyes that blaze white with righteous fury. Skin coloration is always unusual, such as pure white, ebon black, blood red, lime green, and the like, to set the memnech apart from common mortals. They also have four feathered wings, each feather alternating platinum white or ebon black.

Quasi-Dragon
Quasi-dragons, also known as false dragons, dragon-lizards, or dragon-serpents, are large, frilled and finned, scaled creatures with features of both serpent and lizard and dragon. It is thought that they are either a primitive ancestor to true dragons or a distant cousin thereof. In some lands they are plentiful enough that they are considered true dragons, and true dragons are considered to be the royalty of dragon-kind.

The typical quasi-dragon has a body like that of a lizard, with a neck as long as its body, and with a tail as long as neck and body combined. Its legs are short and stumpy, but quite strong, giving them a sinuous serpentine appearance. The head is crocodilian, with many long jagged teeth and a long red tongue. Some bear horns upon their head and frills around their neck, especially old males, and they have a long line of spikes down their back. Midway down their back, on either side of the spikes, are long fins, like those on various species of lizards; in some these take the appearance of vestigial wings.

Monstrous Menaces #4: Hribixul, Memnech, and Quasi-Dragon
By James Mishler
AGP06004, 8-page PDF, $1.00 MSRP

Click here to buy it at DriveThruRPG

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:09 pm 

For those who have not checked the website in a while, you have likely missed the announcement that the AGP website, www.adventuregamespubs.com is going away... likely tomorrow, but you never know with these providers... it might end up a zombie site, it might end up being picked up by squatters... whatever.

The reasons are many and varied, but can be distilled down to the fact that it was an expense that never paid for itself combined with the fact that to just keep it updated strained by limited HTML skills. When renewal came up, I decided against it. There are three alternative sites for information:

My personal game blog continues, of course

Click here for a Blogspot catalog of AGP physical products

Click here for the catalog of AGP PDF products on DriveThruRPG

Along with the site go my @adventuregamespubs.com e-mail addresses, including the Super Secret Subscriber E-Mail Address. Please direct all future e-mail correspondence to: [email protected]

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:15 pm 

Hopefully, you'll keep posting products to DriveThruRPG?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:43 pm 

Think I've got everything in the catalog.
What you need is a substantailly new product. Something akin to Dark Tower or Tegel Manor. Not just a setting or campaign material, but a good old school adventure. In the current climate, the right product will still fly off the shelf, but the lack of surplus cash in a lot of people's pockets will distinguish the good from the truely excellent.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:20 pm 

Yes, I'm still publishing! I should have noted that in the original post...

Adventure Games Journal #2 is still in the works... and new PDF products, too. Never fear, publsihing continues, we're just going from "Small Press" to "Micro-Press" with this maneuver...

As for a Tegel or a Tower, that has come to mind... I've been running a few ideas through my head...

One issue is that my "Dungeon Opus" might already be behind me... I wrote Lost Tomb of Kruk-Ma-Kali years ago for the Kenzer guys, and that was, in my heart, my "Killer Dungeon," a la Tomb of Horrors. We'll see what else I can come up with...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:43 pm 

Lost Tomb of Kruk-Ma-Kali?
Never heard of it.
Hmmm. $7.99 at RPGNow.
jamesmishler wrote:One issue is that my "Dungeon Opus" might already be behind me...

Rubbish! You're not minted. Not up there with Gygax and Kuntz. So it must still be inside you, James. You need to let it out.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:04 pm 

Keep up the good work James.
You may have to send me a more up to date list of stuff you've done as I've not really had a chance to check out the new blog.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:28 pm 

Adventure Games Publishing presents the fifth in a series of new monsters for the Castles & Crusades Castle Keeper to populate his dungeons and wilderness. Each installment of the Monstrous Menaces series presents three new monsters for a mere dollar, eminently affordable in today's economy.

The fifth installment, Monstrous Menaces #5: Chupacabra, Felpha, and Olgoi-Khorkhoi, presents the Castle Keeper with a 3 HD Monstrous Humanoid, a 5 HD Aberration, and a 1 to 6 HD Magical Beast. Each entry includes complete listings for the monster's description, organization, ecology, treasure, range, and special abilities.

Chupacabra
A chupacabra is a small humanoid creature, about the size of a halfling or goblin, with lizard and canine-like features that much resemble that of a kobold (though there is no relation between chupacabras and kobolds). Chupacabras have large, dull black eyes, gray to green skin, and large clawed hands and feet, though these last are relatively weak and are not used in combat. A long row of sharp spines runs down its back; again, these serve to make the creature look more fearsome, but do not serve any useful purpose.

Felpha
This creature takes the form of a three-foot diameter, pinkish-tan, warty fleshy sphere, looking not unlike the hairless skin of a human sans muscle and bone, blown up with hot air — a balloon made of human flesh, essentially. It has five human-like, ugly, pinched, and androgynous faces, each facing a different direction along the equator of its body, each complete with two eyes, nose, fang-filled mouth, chin, and two ears. A thick cluster of dozens of five-foot long tentacles depend from the bottom, each ending in a trio of finger-like pincers.

Olgoi-Khorkhoi
Otherwise known as the Death Worm, this giant worm-like creature is actually distantly related to the caecilians, and thus an amphibian of sorts, though through magical mutation it possesses abilities more like that of a reptile. Death Worms range in length from six inches to 30 feet, being six inches long per hit point, and one-tenth their length in diameter.

They are limbless, and they appear to be segmented, like a worm, as their serpentine body is divided by ring-shaped folds; thus the confusion as to its true nature, as it physically resembles a giant worm. Its head is covered with thick, bony plates that it uses to push through soil and even stone with greater ease; these open wide in a four-pointed star fashion, almost like razor-sharp mandibles, to reveal its fanged maw. Coloration is a brick to scarlet red, with the bony head and fangs pure white.

Monstrous Menaces #5: Chupacabra, Felpha, and Olgoi-Khorkhoi
By James Mishler
AGP06005, 9-page PDF, $1.00 MSRP

Click here to buy Monstrous Menaces 5 at DriveThruRPG

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:17 am 

Due to demand by fans for Adventure Games Publishing's Wilderlands and Castles & Crusades products in print, AGP will release print products in classic booklet format.

Each 5.5" x 8.5" booklet will range from 16 to 64+ pages using 8 or 10 point font for the base text. Paper will be of standard 20# quality, usually with a higher-weight cover. Cover stock colors will vary based on whichever cover stock paper we can get on sale during that print period. All booklets will be printed in simple black and white. Page counts include the 4-page cover (front cover usually including a TOC, inside covers feature the OGL, credits, and fine print, and the back page featuring a Booty List).

The first product to be offered in this "classic" new format will be Monstrous Menaces Compendium 1-5, a 44-page booklet which includes all 15 monsters from the five Monstrous Menaces PDF releases. MMC1-5 retails at $TBD plus S/H and will be available shortly.

All existing PDF products not already available in print will soon be made available in booklet format (and some that are available in compilations will be made available separately in booklet format, such as the Sorcerers and Warrior-Mages products). Going forward, all AGP products other than Adventure Games Journal will be published in this format; AGJ will continue to be published in full, 8.5" x 11" full-color cover format, likely perfect-bound due to the increased size of each issue (96+ pages).

Booklets will be printed, hand-folded, and hand-stapled at our home offices as they are sold, so depending on order quantities, scheduling, and printer issues, shipping might take a week or two... please be patient!

Preliminary order of conversions to booklet form:
Monstrous Menaces Compendium 1-5
Player's Guide #1: Tharbrian Horse-Lords
Barbarians of the Wilderlands 1
100 Treasure Troves — Treasure Type 1
100 Exciting Encounters — 1st Level Encounters
100 Calamitous Curses
100 More Calamitous Curses
Martial Artist Class
World of the Wilderlands of High Adventure (included in AGP00501)
Aendryth's Eldritch Compendium
Sorcerers of the Wilderlands (included in AGP00106)
Warrior-Mages of the Wilderlands (included in AGP00106)
Faiths of the City State: Forn Sidthr
Skills, Feats, and Languages of the Wilderlands (d20)

We hope to have all existing products converted and ready to go within two weeks.

The first new product to be offered in this form will be Fantastic Personalities: Barbarians of the Wilderlands. Going forward, new products will be offered in print format for approximately one month before the PDF releases.

We hope this will satisfy customer desire to have these products available in print format. Unfortunately, under current market conditions, offering these kinds of products -- even in compilation format, in full-sized, full-color cover fully-illustrated format -- is simply not viable, so we seek to return to the classic booklet format as a way to enable our customers to get our products in print.

Customers who are still owed subscriber credit can purchase these booklets using said credit at a discounted rate of 50% page count. Thus, a 36-page booklet counts as only 18 pages when using subscriber credit, with free shipping! However, we must request that subscribers wait until all products are available in booklet format before ordering using subscriber credit, as shipping each booklet individually as they are made available would incur crippling shipping costs.

If you have any questions, or wish to place an order, please e-mail me at [email protected].

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:15 am 

We are pleased to announce that Noble Knight Games is now carrying the full line of Adventure Games Publishing products.

Click here to go to the Adventure Games Publishing section of the Noble Knight Games website

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:53 pm 

In case you haven't been visiting James blog, the 11 booklets are being printed.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:18 pm 

Wilderlands of High Adventure
Code: Title: Format: MSRP

AGP00107: World of the Wilderlands*: 40-page, 5.5" x 8.5": $7.50
AGP00251: Barbarians of the Wilderlands 1: 36-page, 5.5" x 8.5": $7.00
AGP00253: Aendryth's Eldritch Compendium: 24-page, 5.5" x 8.5": $5.50
AGP00301: Sorcerers of the Wilderlands**: 28-page, 5.5" x 8.5": $6.00
AGP00302: Warrior-Mages of the Wilderlands**: 20-page, 5.5" x 8.5": $5.00
AGP00303: Faiths of the City State: Forn Sidthr: 24-page, 5.5" x 8.5": $5.50
AGP05004: Skills, Feats, and Languages of the Wilderlands %: 36-page, 5.5" x 8.5": $7.00
AGP05501: Player's Guide #1 — Tharbrian Horse-Lords: 36-page, 5.5" x 8.5": $7.00
* Included in AGP00501 ** Included in AGP00106 % Designed for d20 ver3.5

Generic Castles & Crusades
Code: Title: Format: MSRP

AGP00653: Curses and More Curses: 40-page, 5.5" x 8.5": $7.50
AGP00676: 100 Encounters and Treasures — Level 1: 28-page, 5.5" x 8.5": $6.00
AGP06101: Monstrous Menaces Compendium 1-5: 64-page, 5.5" x 8.5": $10.50

Click here to check out the ONE WITH EVERYTHING DEAL

Or just check out the AGP Catablog as new entries for all 11 new products are entered...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:21 pm 

The short of it is that we have been doing what we can to "right-size" the company and our products for the current state of the market and the economy.

We will continue to have full-size products, notably Adventure Games Journal, which, going forward, will be 8.5" x 11" (ideally perfect-bound though maybe saddle-stitched, depending on page count) format with full-color cover. A few other major products will also be of that size.

But most products will be released as 5.5" x 8.5" digest booklets, from 20 to 64 pages, usually with 8 to 10 point font and minimal illustration (i.e., clip art)... and as you can see, we've started this program with a BANG, as we released 11 digest booklets all at once yesterday!

Check out the special "All in One" Booklet Deal we are running through October 10th!

Production
I have four production folders in my AGP file: Working, On Hold, Completed, and Abandoned.

Currently in the Working folder:

AGP00252 Fantastic Personalities: Barbarians of the Wilderlands
AGP00502 Adventure Games Journal #2
AGP00600 100 Encounters and Treasures Series
AGP03000 Western Karak Series
AGP07000 Wilderness Hex Series
AGP10000 Dungeon of Dreadful Doom Series

First order of business is to get Fantastic Personalities: Barbarians of the Wilderlands complete.

Second, to complete 100 Encounters & Treasures — Level 2.

Third, to complete the following booklets for Karak:
Humans of the Kingdom of Karak
Demihumans of the Kingdom of Karak
Western Karak Map 1: Valley of the Immortals Gazetteer

In between, work on AGJ #2 progresses. I find that working on different products in shifts helps keep the creative juices flowing.

And with the digest booklet format, if I get the hankering to just write up a Wilderlands Village, Castle, Ravaged Ruin, or a dozen Lurid Lairs, I can, and get it published in a weekend… and there are some products in the On Hold folder that could be moved to the Working folder for completion, such as the Southern Reaches Gazetteer…

So while we're still not at full bore, we are definitely building momentum!

PreviousNext