AGP Announcements and Updates
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:17 pm 

100 Exciting Encounters — 1st Level Encounters provides the Castles & Crusades Castle Keeper with 100 ready-made encounters for use in any campaign. The encounters included on these tables are designed to be challenging for parties of three to eight characters where most if not all characters are 1st level. If you need an encounter for 1st level characters, simply roll d100 and consult the table! A range of numbers of creatures encountered is included; the low end for smaller parties (three to five characters), the high end for larger parties (six to eight characters). Note that some encounters are designed to be rather tough; however, at some point early in their careers all characters should learn that discretion is the better part of valor and that it is better to run away to live and fight another day!

Encounter formats should also vary by environment. The encounters listed herein assume a dungeon environment, but most of them work for other environments. No standard treasures are included with these encounters, but you can readily add treasures using the related product series, 100 Treasure Troves, of the appropriate treasure types (which are listed with the encounter).

Examples of encounters include:

#13: Skeletons — (2-12) N Medium Undead (Com.); 1d12 HD; HP: 3x12, 11, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 2x3, 1; AC: 13; Move: 30 ft.; BtH: +1; Attacks: 2 Claws (1d3) or Weapon; Special: BS 120 ft., Undead; SV: P; Int: None; TR: 1 each; XPV: 10+1/hp each. There is a 25% chance that a skeleton will be armed with a random melee weapon, and a 1% chance that it is a magical weapon of random sort.

#40: Acolytes (Humans) — (2-12) AA Medium Humanoids; 1d8 HD; HP: 2x7, 3x6, 4, 4x3, 2x2; AC: 14; Move: 20 ft.; BtH: 0; Attacks: Weapon; Special: Turn Undead; Spells: three 0th and two 1st level cleric spells each; SV: P; Int: Average; TR: 1 each; XPV: 9+1/hp each. All the acolytes will be of the same alignment and faith. Acolytes are usually armed with mace and sling, and wear ring mail and carry a medium wooden shield. If there are 10 or more acolytes, add a Priest with 3d8 HD, 12 HP, AC 15, BtH +1, TR 3, Spells: four 0th, three 1st, and two 2nd level cleric spells, and XPV 76. The priest usually wears a mail shirt and carries a medium steel shield. In addition to any other treasure, the Priest has a 15% chance of wielding a magical +1 weapon, a 15% chance of wearing a magical +1 mail shirt, and a 30% chance of possessing a potion or scroll of cure light wounds. There is a 50% chance that 1d6 Men-at-Arms (HD: 1d8; HP: 8, 7, 5, 4; AC 15; Move: 20 ft.; BtH: +1; Attacks: Weapon; XPV 5+1/hp each) serve the clerics as guards and pack bearers; these men are devout members of the faith, and are only as corruptible as their faith allows or requires.

#60: Medium Giant Spiders — (1-4) N Medium Animals; 3d8 HD; HP: 18, 16, 15, 10; AC: 15; Move: 30 ft., 20 ft. Climb; BtH: +3; Attacks: Bite (1d6 + Poison); Special: DV 60 ft., TV, Poison, Web; SV: P; Int: Animal; TR: 2 each; XPV: 52+3/hp each.

100 Exciting Encounters — 1st Level Encounters provide countless sessions of exciting encounters at the low price of $2.50.

Buy it at DriveThruRPG

Buy it at RPGNow

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:43 pm 

100 Calamitous Curses provides the Castles & Crusades Castle Keeper with 100 unusual and interesting curses. These can be bestowed upon player characters through mischance and misfortune or used by player character clerics and wizards on hapless non-player enemies. While designed for use with Castles & Crusades, the curses are easily adapted to any fantasy role-playing game system.

Few of these curses are of the immediately deadly sort, save perhaps to 1st level characters; they are all designed to fall within the parameters set by the bestow curse spell, the reverse of the remove curse spell which is useable as a 3rd level clerical spell or 4th level wizard spell.

Examples of curses include:

#16: Curse of the Bull's Eye: The accursed one becomes a target for any enemy archer within range, even if much better targets are available, and all arrows and crossbow bolts aimed at the accursed one gain a +4 bonus to hit.

#30: Curse of the Ogre-King's Nose: The accursed one's nose grows to the size of a goblin's head, regularly dripping gobbets of mucus and making hideous snorting sounds, making it very difficult to eat or speak (requiring a Dexterity save to do any of these), and especially to cast spells with a verbal component; 25% chance to miscast and lose any spell that has a verbal component. Needless to say, it is also quite a social problem, and anyone who tries to sleep nearby will fail utterly as the accursed one's snoring is of deific proportion (though oddly the accursed one never notices it)! Even if the nose is cut off, it regenerates and expands within moments.

#48: Curse of the Crimson Claws: The accursed one's hands are transformed into large, crab-like claws of thick chitin. She cannot hold any tools or weapons, and cannot cast any spells requiring a somatic component. Rogues and the like cannot climb, open locks, pick pockets, or perform any other abilities that require fine motor skills of the hands. Even using a door knob requires a simple Dexterity check! The accursed one can attack with her claws, one each round, though she is considered non-proficient with the attack, and deals 1d3 points of normal damage with each hit.

#97: Curse of the Beggar's Bait: Any beggars the accursed one encounters recognize the accursed one as a generous type and easy touch, especially if the character most certainly is not. The accursed one rapidly acquires a following of entire mobs of beggars following him, asking for alms and assistance. Even wholesale slaughter does not deter the beggars in their quest for spare change; they follow their charitable hero wherever he goes, a great unwashed mass of hunger and privation, never once able to provide any sort of assistance to their "savior."

Rules for removing curses and details for including cursed scrolls in treasure troves are also included.

100 Calamitous Curses is a 12-page PDF including 100 curses for only $2.50.

Buy it now at DriveThruRPG

Buy it now at RPGNow

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:35 pm 

Monsters & Treasure of the Wilderlands 1 has been revised and expanded. It now includes 27 monsters, 16 treasures, and two maps. Most importantly, it is now extensively illustrated by Peter Bradley, including an awesome full-color cover! The price has risen to $10.95 ($8.00 in PDF), but those who already purchased it should be able to update for free (if you have a problem, let me know). Yes, the $10.95 MSRP is for the PRINT version, which should be heading to the printers tomorrow.

Subscribers can get a 50% off coupon for the PDF if they have not already purchased it (contact me at the Super Secret Subscriber E-Mail), and can use their print page credits toward the print version of the M&T when it becomes available.

Here's the complete sales text...

Over time players become complacent, sure in the knowledge that they have encountered every creature in the book and catalogued all treasures to be found. They won't be so certain when the judge pulls out a new book of 32 pages of monsters and treasures that they've never seen before!

Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1 includes 27 new monsters designed for use with Castles & Crusades® and the Wilderlands of High Adventureâ„¢. Running the gamut from pesky 1 HD faeries to fallen 15 HD demi-gods, each monster includes details on ecology and society, powers and treasures. Some are hauntingly familiar, just enough so as to trip up the unwary adventurer, while others are entirely new and created from whole cloth.

Maps are included showing the most common locations these monsters are encountered throughout the Wilderlands and beyond. Though designed for use in the Wilderlands, every monster can find a home elsewhere, and is easily adapted into just about any fantasy campaign setting.

Also included are 16 new treasures, ranging from the least bauble to great and potent (and usually, most dire) relics. Each is tied to the Wilderlands, adding more detail to your Wilderlands campaign, though the histories can readily be altered to suit any campaign.

Monster List
Angrasinamru (CE 15 HD Large Extraplanar)
Bat, Giant Vampire (CE 2 HD Medium Magical Beast)
Beetle, Giant: Burster, Fire, and Razor (N 1 to 3 HD Small Vermin)
Cait Feall (CE 2 HD Small Magical Beast)
Cat, Saber-Toothed Tiger (N 7 HD Large Animal)
Centipede, Giant Wooly (N 6 HD Large Animal)
Chicken, Dungeon (N 1 or HD Small Animal)
Glashtyn (NE 7 HD Medium Elemental (Water))
Gorgosphinx (CE 12 HD Large Magical Beast)
Gourandrouni (CE 4 HD Medium Shapechanger)
Gràdhcronaím (CE 6 HD Medium Undead (Extraordinary))
Grue (NE 9 HD Medium Extraplanar (Shadowlands))
Hound of Hades (CE 6 HD Large Extraplanar (Netherworld))
Imp, Chasm (CE 2 HD Small Elemental (Earth))
Karcajou (N 1 HD Humanoid)
Malicorn (NE 2 HD Medium Magical Beast)
Moppet, Witch's (NE 3 HD Medium Construct)
Nomgoblin (NE 1 HD Monstrous Humanoid)
Sloughree (NE 10 HD Large Giant)
Sprite, Brownie (N 1 HD Fey)
Sprite, Cràigeanetlagh (N 1 HD Small Fey)
Sprite, Gobling (CE 1 HD Monstrous Humanoid)
Szaltys (NG 1 HD Small Magical Beast)
Teknatzou (CE 5 HD Medium Fey)
Tlahtocelotl (N 1 HD Humanoid)

TREASURE LIST
Abacus of Instant Calculation
Beggar's Bindlestick
Blade Belligerence, The
Dagger Divine, The
Demon-Die of the Mandarin-Lords
Dragon Shield
Gwyndolyn's Mail
Hag's Eye
Icon of the Bloodstained God
Maed's Walkin' Hat
Peasant Talisman
Potion of Partial Polymorph
Power Pearls
Rune of Protection
Wand of the Toad Prince
Zudnak's Finger

Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1 weighs in at 32 pages, with a full-color cover and many interior illustrations by Peter Bradley. The PDF is now available, print version is at the printers. MSRP $10.95 Print, $8.00 for the PDF.

Buy it at DriveThruRPG

Buy it at RPGNow

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:15 pm 

The print version of Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1 is now back from the printer.

Click here for information on ordering M&TW1

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:05 pm 

Hey all,

It's been a long slog for me since I left Krause Publications, and an especially rough one of late. There's been a lot of heavy stuff I've had to deal with lately, business wise and otherwise, and I really just need to take a break. From everything.

Self-employment is not a permanent vacation, whether de facto or de jure, and even when you work at that which you love, is still work. More work and worry than just working a nine-to-five job for The Man, in fact.

I haven't had a real vacation since, well, I don't know when. But I'm taking one, starting today.

I'm not going anywhere, can't afford to, so it's one of those "stay at home" vacations. I might drop in at the boards, or I might not. I won't be checking my e-mail. Orders placed between end of today and end of the month will ship on April 1st, not before.

I'll be kicking back, do some reading, watch some vidoes, do some spring cleaning, and spend plenty of time with my fiance doing a whole lot of nothing. Might get some gaming in, for fun, though I'm not counting on that. Probably will not be online much, if at all.

So take care, and I'll see you all back here in April. Good gaming!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:53 pm 

Enjoy the vacation!  Just don't come back April 1st saying you won the lotto or house went up in flames because we won't believe you  :wink:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:26 pm 

Hey all!

To show you how much we at Adventure Games Publishing appreciate our PDF customers, we are starting our Bob's Birthday Sale more than a month early! Normally we'd have a sale to celebrate the birth of Judges Guild Founder Bob Bledsaw the third week in May.

However, we've decided to take the opportunity presented us by a certain other company to show our appreciation for those who buy our PDF products. Sixteen AGP PDF products are now on sale!

Click here to go to the AGP site on DriveThruRPG

Click here to go to the AGP site on RPGNow

In addition, we are consulting with OBS to determine what we can do to show a bit of appreciation to those customers who have already purchased all our PDFs.

The sale will run through May 23rd (Bob's Birthday Sale was scheduled for the week of the 17th through 23rd, to celebrate his birthday on the 18th). Hopefully by then we will have some arrangements made to give something back to our existing customers.

Thank you again, as always, for your custom. AGP will be there to support you and your purchase as long as, well, as long as AGP is around and even thereafter!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:31 pm 

It has been a while since I've posted an update on the state of Adventure Games Publishing. I figure the best way to open with this is a statement of where we've been, so you all understand better where we're going. I say "we" because, though AGP consists of just me, I consider my customers, fans, and friends to have a reasonable stake in the company and where it is going (a very fine publisher calls all these folks "stakeholders," and that is very true). I couldn't do any of this without all of you, as it really is a group effort.

Though AGP was launched at Gen Con 2006, we really didn't start up production until Gen Con 2007 with the release of XXXI, our first Gen Con Special, in August. The first issue of Adventure Games Journal followed in January 2008, along with the Southern Reaches Campaign Map.

Then, starting in March 2008, things really began to go seriously awry, for many various personal reasons. It wasn't until August that recovery began, slowly, first with the release of the 2008 Wilderlands Jam Gen Con Special, and then with the release of existing products in PDF format on DriveThruRPG and RPGNow. In September we began releasing original PDF products, which culminated in the release of four new PDF products in January 2009. Since then, again, things came to a screeching halt…

To date, in the 20 months since Gen Con 2007, we have released four print products, two print maps, and 16 PDF products:

Print
XXXI (2007 Gen Con Special)
Adventure Games Journal #1
Southern Reaches Campaign Map
2008 Wilderlands Jam (2008 Gen Con Special)
Rhadamanthia Continental Map
Monsters & Treasure of the Wilderlands 1

PDF
Adventure Games Journal #1
Southern Reaches Judges Map
Southern Reaches Players Map
Rhadamanthia Continental Map
World of the Wilderlands of High Adventure Guidebook
Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1
Imperial Town of Tell Qa
Barbarians of the Wilderlands 1
Aendryth's Eldritch Compendium
Skills, Feats, and Languages of the Wilderlands
Faiths of the City State: Forn Sidthr
Martial Artist Class
Western Karak Map
100 Treasure Troves — Treasure Type 1
100 Exciting Encounters — 1st Level Encounters
100 Calamitous Curses

Considering that AGP has been a one-man operation on the writing end, this is not too bad, really, but still falls far short of past promises… especially to AGJ Subscribers. The now-defunct AGJ Subscription Program was originally intended to resurrect the old Judges Guild format; unfortunately, the decision to run with a subscription format was more nostalgia than good business sense.

I've tried to make up the many delays to AGJ Subscribers by offering free PDFs and by expanding out the value of the product that they will (eventually) receive. Now the only thing left to do is make good on those new promises. Hopefully, soon, that will begin.

From going back over and seriously considering my failures of the last 20 months, I have determined that the primary problem is simply biting off more than I can chew. First the plan to release a different 48-page book every month failed; then the plan to put together a massive Western Karak book stalled. The best success I have had thus far has been in putting together series of short and sweet PDFs. When I concentrate on finishing one small project at a time, I flourish; when I put together a grandiose plan to publish a massive work or series of works, I fail.

So it has been decided that rather than shoot for big gulps, I shall go for small bites.

First, the huge Western Karak book is not going to happen; at least, not in the format originally described. Instead, I will do a booklet for each of the 18 Campaign Regions of Western Karak. Each booklet will be as big as it needs to be, and no bigger, from 24 to 48 pages. In addition to the basics, some books will describe a city or town, others might have a new class or race, or maybe a monster or three and a few treasures, or some combination of these elements. I'm not going to try to shoehorn one overarching format on each different region; that way leads to madness.

Also, these will not necessarily be in numerical Region order; while the first book details Campaign Region #1, the second might jump to #12, or #5, and then back again. It will depend on whichever region piques my interest (and, perhaps, in whichever regions fans express an interest).

Similarly, print product subjects will jump around from product to product. After the Valley of the Immortals, I plan on revisiting the Southern Reaches and finally putting paid to that project. Again, the final format will be whatever it will be when I feel it is complete. Overreaching and trying to fit too much into one product has been a serious issue with actually getting products done! So the next print product after might be a region book for Western Karak, or perhaps another region of the Wilderlands proper, or something else altogether. No promises.

Another hard-learned lesson has been the relationship between print and PDF. Unfortunately, the sales of the print version of Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1 have been terrible. No, not terrible… monstrously terrible. I have, to date, sold 12 copies… and that includes those copies bought by subscribers using their page credit! Twelve… yes, merely twelve copies. Were it not for the fact that I am able to print very small quantities at reasonable rates through print-on-demand, this would have been the end of AGP. As it stands, it is still a significant setback, and makes the success or failure of the next print product the make-it-or-break-it product for print format with AGP.

That said… those subscribers who have stuck with me will now be rewarded as I can. Going forward, they will receive the PDF version of subscription-fulfillment products FREE when the PDF is released. No extra charge, no page credit charge, nada... FREE. However, the proviso is now that PDFs of print products will not be released until at least one month following release of the print product, similar to the policy followed by Troll Lord Games. Hopefully, this will spur sales of the print version; if print sales continue to be terrible, I may have to reconsider the entire print endeavor.

In addition to print products, I will continue the series of small PDFs, published in parallel to and distinct from the print products. Of these, the best selling have been the generic "100" series PDFs, so these will continue, particularly new Treasure Troves and Exciting Encounters, as previously outlined.

The first Wilderlands 100-series product will be 100 Ravaged Ruins of the Wilderlands, which will include the famous Ravaged Ruins charts (plus a revised version of the classic Startling Statues chart) as well as 100 Ravaged Ruins in full detail, generated using the charts. Depending on the success thereof, perhaps more Wilderlands-oriented 100-series PDFs will be published; sales will determine their worthiness. Other PDFs will also be published from time to time; perhaps a class PDF, perhaps a race PDF, usually generic, but again, sometimes Wilderlands-oriented.

Finally, as far as production goes, one last note, and it's a big one.

I've decided to open Adventure Games Journal to freelance work. Yes, you too might get the chance to write about the Wilderlands.

Note that like the Wilderlands of High Adventure, none of the material published in Adventure Games Journal will be "official" Wilderlands, merely variant. Also, all rights to anything Wilderlands-based must be turned over unconditionally in full to Adventure Games Publishing and Judges Guild on a "work for hire" basis… this is non-negotiable. Generic, non-Wilderlands materials will be taken on a non-exclusive basis (i.e., you will continue to own the right to re-sell the article or re-publish it non-exclusively, while AGP retains the right to reprint it in further printings, in compilations, in print and electronically). At this time I will consider articles for Castles & Crusades and the OGL d20 System; I will also be open to featuring art from up-and-coming artists. Unfortunately, I will not be able to pay cash, only credit, at a rate of one penny credit per word toward AGP print products. Additionally, contributors will get a discount on the PDF when it is made available.

More details on writing for Adventure Games Journal will be made available soon. If you are interested, contact me at

freelancers
 a t
     adventuregamespubs
 d o t
com

So once again, I say, things are going forward with AGP... slowly, and not very steadily, but forward.

At this point, I would like to mention that those of you who have purchased AGP PDFs are able to post reviews of the product on DriveThruRPG and RPGNow. If you enjoyed your purchase, please by all means, post a review if you have the time! If you found the PDF lacking somehow, please let me know before you post a review, so I can perhaps fix any problems.

Finally, the PDF portion of the AGP Customer Appreciation Sale is still going on, through May 23rd. I am still trying to find a way to show further appreciation to our PDF customers; needless to say, the folks at OneBookShelf have been busy, so we've not yet been able to figure out a way to make something work… hopefully soon. And for those of you who do not yet have a complete collection of AGP print products, well, start saving your pennies, as there will be a big announcement on May 8th concerning the print product portion of our sale!

Thanks again to all of you for your continued patience and custom.

James Mishler
President, Adventure Games Publishing

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:56 am 

james, have to say that i havent downloaded one of the PDF files at all. dont like them and if i knew back then, that this was what was going to happen, then i wouldnt have subscribed.

live and learn i guess.

this is no offence to you. i would have done this towards anyone, as PDF are not my thing. i like the real deal and always will.

good luck with your ventures, but this left me one very unhappy chappy. luckily i have had so much happen in the last 9 months, that its left me not that bothered about things.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:07 am 

On the flip side, James, I have paid full whack for each and every PDF that you've put out through RPGNow. Maybe tying the physical copy business to the PDF business directly is not a good idea.

Physical copies - Have you thought about speaking directly to the likes of Aaron Leader and asking if they'll take a bulk lot of 50 copies at a discounted price without having to go through the distribution chain?

I for one have little use or utility for more than one physical copy of anything that isn't going to become a collectable within the next five years. I still have a shelfload of multiples of the early stuff you published, but for now my money will deffinately go to anything you publish as a PDF, and at full price. If something in there eventually takes my eye, I'll then shell out for a paper copy.

Keep up the good work.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:11 am 

While I don't purchase the PDFs, I do buy the physical products and shall continue to do so for as long as they are produced.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:34 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Keep up the good work.

and yes, may i just point out, that i am not referring to the work either....the work is excellent....its the final non-physical item that i can't/won't use.

i wanted to clear that up, as i am not putting your creative efforts to question at all.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:45 am 

Speaking of PRINTED copies vs PDFs.

I am also not very interested in PDFs of most anything, though PDF Maps in general would be useful since printing a players copy that can be drawn on would be nice.
Such as the Southern Reaches Players map.

I would be willing to purchase copies of most printed materials, including the Monsters & Treasure of the Wilderlands Book that just came from the printers.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:43 pm 

I have to agree with Killjoy. I'm not a PDF guy and never will be. I downloaded the first few that were offered to subscribers but soon lost interest after the many delays and excuses concerning the print products. I expected a lot more in 2 years for my hefty subscription price.

Can you please clarify which print products actually made it to subscribers. I could be wrong but I don't remember getting the Rhadamanthia Continental Map in the mail and I haven't bothered to get my subscriber copy of Monsters & Treasure of the Wilderlands 1 yet.

Thanks,
Phaedran

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:24 pm 

I'd be interested to know how many physical copies are sold vs. how many PDFs are sold through the online PDF outlet.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:57 pm 

Phaedran wrote:I have to agree with Killjoy. I'm not a PDF guy and never will be. I downloaded the first few that were offered to subscribers but soon lost interest after the many delays and excuses concerning the print products. I expected a lot more in 2 years for my hefty subscription price.

Can you please clarify which print products actually made it to subscribers. I could be wrong but I don't remember getting the Rhadamanthia Continental Map in the mail and I haven't bothered to get my subscriber copy of Monsters & Treasure of the Wilderlands 1 yet.

Thanks,
Phaedran

i only ever received the very first package. whatever was in that....its boxed away just now with moving, so i will have to check its contents....

not good then!

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:56 pm 

Aneoth wrote:I would be willing to purchase copies of most printed materials, including the Monsters & Treasure of the Wilderlands Book that just came from the printers.

*nods*

I also do not like PDFs, so I have not bought any AGP PDFs.  I did not realize that AGP had released so many PDF-only products; I may purchase them in the future.

I am still willing to buy AGP print products.  My excuse for not buying AGP products at the moment is that I am in financial and geographical transition.

As for "excuses and delays", well, that's part of life.  Thank you for explaining the state of AGP.  If things are made good with unhappy subscribers, then all is well.  A certain reorganized pppublisher has shown that the past can be forgiven if promises are kept.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:22 am 

jamesmishler wrote:Unfortunately, the sales of the print version of Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1 have been terrible. No, not terrible… monstrously terrible. I have, to date, sold 12 copies… and that includes those copies bought by subscribers using their page credit! Twelve… yes, merely twelve copies.

Perhaps the poor sales of the printed Monsters & Treasures of the Wilderlands 1 has less to do with the fact that it is printed that it has to do with the content.  Since you did not give numbers for the PDF sales, my comment may be baseless.  My primary reason for supporting AGP has been its role as the torch bearer for the Wilderlands.  Frankly, I found the Wilderlands portion of the title to be an after thought.  With a few minor changes it could easily have been called Monsters & Treasures of the <insert your setting here> 1.

Unlike many posters, I find PDF useful.  Oddly perhaps, I like the format for items that I am unsure I will like/use and I like the format for items I am sure that I will use a lot.  The former because they are cheaper and don't take up space, the latter because I want to preserve the original, it is search-able and I can cut and paste for my own uses.

Unfortunately, I find AGP taking a direction that I am less and less interested in.  The first few products were right up my alley.  Later releases have more or less moved away from my interest.  The announced items that I looked forward to the most have languished; Campaign Installment #1: Player's Guide to the Southern Reaches, Judge's Southern Reaches Gazetteer, Guide to the Mystic Wilderlands and Valley of the Dead Queens.

While I appreciate the free PDFs that you have provided to subscribers, most have not interested me.  I am seriously rethinking the status of my subscription.  I understand that you must do what you think best, but so must I.  Good luck.  I hope that your creative bent and my gaming desires will cross in your future publications.  I'll wait and see.

PreviousNext