Wilderlands Hex Sheets Value?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:09 am 

Check out this auction:

** expired eBay auction **

More than a day to go and the pack of four maps is already at $48! Are each of those maps really worth $12 these days? Or is it the collectability of the maps being still in the shrink wrap?

I've got a nice little stack of those maps (I stocked up years ago; the maps are great for campaign design, natch). What do you suppose four of those maps might be worth loose and not in the shrink (nor with cover sheet)?

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:07 am 

I think partly it is the SW, but also the fact that this has a later coversheet (still trying to find out how late).

As for price of the loose maps, unsure really. I have a price for the whole package, but not sure if that was for collective purposes or bought to use.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:43 am 

That Seller has a nice lot of JG items up for sale. I trust all the Valuers are watching! The Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reahces has already gone over $50.

Interestingly, they have a sealed 'Flotilla One' This is on my list and is the first one I have seen all year - so it must be reasonably uncommon.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:20 am 

Yeah and all the higher value items are doing good as well.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:41 am 

I sold some hex sheets in shrink last year for $55, and I too have several loose sheets.  Don't know if there's a market for them.  They'd make a nice "extra" to slip into a package if I knew someone wanted them...

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:59 pm 

I was in the auction Lucyjoyce had for hex maps in SW, but $55 got to rich for my blood.  I ended up paying well over $40 for four hex maps in plastic with no cover that I think Killjoy auctioned.  My opening bid for the current auction was $46 and I'm likely to go higher.  For me it is the cover sheet.  SW is very nice, but not as important as the cover to me.  Should I win, I would sell off the ones I have without a cover.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:00 pm 

P.S.  With those other SW items up for sale, this could be a very expensive week for me.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:09 pm 

jamesmishler wrote:Check out this auction:

More than a day to go and the pack of four maps is already at $48! Are each of those maps really worth $12 these days? Or is it the collectability of the maps being still in the shrink wrap?

I've got a nice little stack of those maps (I stocked up years ago; the maps are great for campaign design, natch). What do you suppose four of those maps might be worth loose and not in the shrink (nor with cover sheet)?

Every try to find that paper type these days? I haven't yet. Plus trying to buy a pack of hex map that size isn't easy either. Although I think $48 is a bit much.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:46 pm 

robertsconley wrote:Every try to find that paper type these days? I haven't yet.

Originally I had planned to release the Wilderlands of High Adventure maps on exactly that kind of paper, printed in sepia-tone ink, just like the originals. But the printers I went to could not find that kind of paper, and the kind of paper they could find that was closest to that kind of paper was prohibitively expensive and not really the same thing at all. In the end, it actually ended up being cheaper to print a color map than to try to get something that superficially resembled the original Wilderlands maps!

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games