Survival of the Fittest! question
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:03 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote:I have a copy of Survival of the Fittest.  It has the designer note "Note to Second Edition: Some Folks asked, so now the map of the dungeon is included on the last page.  Don't peek unless you really gotta!"

The JG subweb notes this as one of the hallmarks of a third printing, but the "Treasure Vault" list only goes up to 160, as in the second printing.  Also there IS a map on the last page.  What printing do you think this is?

It also has the skull inkblot on p. 19, btw.

Not having access to mine I'd say its still the 2nd print.  The blurb would make sense to be in there, the map as well (maybe taken out when art? or the new product list? where added to the 3rd print).

Good to know about the inkblot.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:43 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote:I have a copy of Survival of the Fittest.  It has the designer note "Note to Second Edition: Some Folks asked, so now the map of the dungeon is included on the last page.  Don't peek unless you really gotta!"

The JG subweb notes this as one of the hallmarks of a third printing, but the "Treasure Vault" list only goes up to 160, as in the second printing.  Also there IS a map on the last page.  What printing do you think this is?

It also has the skull inkblot on p. 19, btw.

I just got a copy of the 2nd Print of SotF.
It has the same items listed by LJ above.
Including the Map Note, the Map, and the appropriate Treasure Vault (highest number is 160).
Oh and Yes, there is an Ink Blot on page 19 that some think might be a skull (??). :lol:

At this point it seems that only the 2nd Prints are complete with the map.
Scans below for those who do not have a 2nd Print of Survival of the Fittest.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:10 pm 

Ok, so I got another Survival of the Fittest in the mail today.  It is missing the cover, but does not look like a cover was ever stapled to it.  Possibly had a loose cover sheet?  The note about the map being added to the second edition is there, after the designer's notes.  The second-to-last page is the Treasure Vault with items up to 160, and the last page (where the map is on my other one) is a "More Fine Products" list which goes up to 430.  And there is no inkblot on page 19.  

So is this the third printing, and did it have a loose cover?

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:38 am 

I saw a copy in a discount bin at a local comic store last week ... I think they wanted like $7 CAN for it ... and it did have a green cover too.

Anyone interested? Perhaps I can pick it up for them ...

Previous