Wraith Overlord
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:06 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I have two copies of Wraith Overlord...one still in the shrink and one that I opened.

Is it that much of a rarity?

More so as a product that goes for a good price.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:25 pm 

i agree. not necessarily rare, but one that commands a more decent price tag than most usual JG products.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:36 pm 

But why?

Its not rare,easily available in shrink(if you know where to look) so why the premium?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:04 am 

why does dark tower/inferno?

nothing THAT special about them either, yet when one appears everyone falls all over them....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:19 am 

killjoy32 wrote:why does dark tower/inferno?

nothing THAT special about them either, yet when one appears everyone falls all over them....

Al

You know...I've been thinking about it and you guys keep asking the same questions that you have already answered yourselves.  Wraith Overlord, Tegel Manor, Inferno, Dark Tower....none of these are rare.  Their is nothing really special about them.  The adventures themselves are blah and so is the artwork.  And lets not get into the production quality (couldnt they at least do cardstock covers?).

It makes no sense to keep paying high prices for these items and it obviously makes little sense to hoard multiple copies of them because they are obviously going to start dropping in price very quickly once the masses realize just how bad they really are.  I think that the members of The Acaeum need to make a concerted effort to quash the interest of these ridiculously high priced Judges Guild items.  The easiest way to accomplish this is everyone needs to stop bidding on them.  Once we have all agreed to do that, there will be very few bids on these lackluster items and the prices will drop to a more realistic level.

I'd like to be the first to nominate cushionsnbeans to be our group spokesman.  I believe he has the most to gain by dropping Judges Guild prices as he seems to spend a lot of money trying to acquire all of these items that are simply not worth the paper they are printed on.  Think of all the good we can do with all of the money saved by not spending all of it on second-tier RPG items.  Buy a hybrid vehicle and clean up the environment, send money to a third world country, give to your favorite charity, or take your significant other out to a night on the town (they probably deserve it).  The possibilities are endless.  While we are at it...why not do the same with other shitty RPG/Wargame items?  Bloodstone Pass?  Palace of the Vampire Queen?  Warriors of Mars?  All of these overblown pieces of crap are insanely overpriced and it is up to us to stop the madness.

If we all work together we can make a difference.  Thank you for reading.

Hehehehehehe.....I kill myself.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:47 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Wraith Overlord, Tegel Manor, Inferno, Dark Tower

You need copies of these, huh? ;)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:52 am 

g026r wrote:
You need copies of these, huh? ;)

Actually I have copies of Wraith Overlord and Tegel (Gamescience) but I dont have Dark Tower or Inferno.  I could get a copy of Inferno rather easily but I just havent pulled the trigger on it yet.

I was just having a bit of fun.   :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:57 am 

yes you have to know him and get used to his strange-texan sense of humour that took me all weekend at gencon to figure out.

you know where he is at when he gives you that wry smile of his :)

john...you are of course talking utter tosh, but we will humour you anyway cos youre a nice guy (so mike tells me)

Al  :P

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:43 am 

killjoy32 wrote:yes you have to know him and get used to his strange-texan sense of humour that took me all weekend at gencon to figure out.

you know where he is at when he gives you that wry smile of his :)

john...you are of course talking utter tosh, but we will humour you anyway cos youre a nice guy (so mike tells me)

Al  :P

What's strange about it?  

Laugh at our jokes, or we'll blow your ass off with a shotgun.....

:P

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:36 pm 

and THAT is where i will add "only in america" :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:50 pm 

Right! You English blokes would rather slap someone with a halibut or some other excessively large fish, instead! Albatross! Albatross! Can someone give me a f'n albatross already? :)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:12 pm 

serleran wrote:Right! You English blokes would rather slap someone with a halibut or some other excessively large fish, instead! Albatross! Albatross! Can someone give me a f'n albatross already? :)

And Al thinks that Texans have a strange sense of humor?   You Noo-Yawkers have got us beat hands down.  What's with the albatross?  Is that from some obscure Woody Allen movie or something?

And this odd little word "tosh"....I had to look that one up.  Strangely enough the first website my search engine pulls up is the "Harry Potter Lexicon".  Typical.  And we Americans get hassled for butchering the "English" language.  :roll:

:lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:58 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
 And we Americans get hassled for butchering the "English" language.  :roll:

:lol:

At least we still speak it. Folks in the Isles don't seem to.  :wink:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:12 pm 

What's with the albatross?  Is that from some obscure Woody Allen movie or something?

No, my good man, its from a Monty Python skit.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:39 pm 

serleran wrote:
No, my good man, its from a Monty Python skit.

Figures...I'm only familiar with a wee bit of Python.  Holy Grail, Life of Brian, and The Meaning of Life to be exact.  I've only seen a few of the Flying Circus sketches and I think I lost all interest after "The Cheese Shop" bit.  "Bloody boring" as Al might say.

One of my favorite skits is the "How Not to Be Seen" bit where everyone gets blown to crap.  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:11 pm 

errr i would only say "bloody boring" maybe in work.

i would normally opt for a much earier/shorter comment..... "shite" :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:52 pm 

I dont mind not bidding very much on a POTVQ et al.....if everyone else agrees to do the same,after all it is Christmas!

:twisted: [/quote]

PreviousNext